• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What are your Dyno results? Graphs most welcome!

I realize some people question the accuracy of the Autowave dyno so I went to compare what Comptech shows on their site, for their car, on their dyno. The numbers are almost identical with what "NSX1" is showing from Autowave.

NSX1 Dyno, I/H/E = 295 whp
Comptech Dyno, I/H/E = 293 whp

NSX1 Dyno, SC/I/H/E = 369 whp
Comptech Dyno, SC/I/H/E = 367 whp

Comptech graph can be seen here.

http://comptechusa.com/store/media/dyno/2000NSXscPlot3.pdf

NSX1 dyno results can be seen here

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80260

Tony, I like that you used me as a standard of reference :biggrin:

I need to make one minor adjustment though. My baseline (pre-CTSC) was without headers. I had Downforce Air Scoop, APEXi filter and ARK DT-S exhausts when I got the 295rwhp. The only difference in the post-CTSC dyno was with CT headers and UNI filter.

Here is the before and after dyno.

dyno_800.jpg

Here is the CTSC dyno with APEXi and UNI filters.

dyno_filters_800.jpg

Here is the CTSC dyno with Air/Fuel ratio.

dyno_af_800.jpg

I just had Shad at Driving Ambition dyno my car last week and it mad 372.1rwhp. It also was makeing 8.5psi of boost. Rob

I just had Shad at Driving Ambition dyno my car last week and it mad 372.1rwhp. It also was makeing 8.5psi of boost. Rob

Is that the whipple SC on high boost?

Yes, the exhaust, I love the sound of my F1 sound v5.1

Stop it you two... I need to get some sleep tonight. I will have it barring no more problems... tomorrow.

Hi Dave, No it's the Autorotor on low boost. Go figure. Rob

Old but still relavent: 3.0 -comptech iem.No cats, 90 degrees that day.

Attachments

• nsx article.jpg
    nsx article.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 144
Hi Dave, No it's the Autorotor on low boost. Go figure. Rob

Its not running lean on 8.5 PSI? how is it building so much boost? thats well over what its supposed to, isn't it? does Shad have some trick up his sleeve?

I just got the big news on my car after the CTSC and the GT-One exhaust... this is on the same dyno that read 250 stock. The big #? 318.

A/F ratios are excellent. So I don't know what to think of that honestly... obviously something is going on. Mitch told me that is a real #. That all these other dyno #'s are not real #'s of the actual HP to the ground.

I am just going to get the car back and go to a different dyno and see what I get. The Supercharger seems to be working well he said and everything seems to be fine. So really, if everything is fine and the dyno is accurate, that means my supercharged 05 with the $3000 GT-One header, no cats, and the F1 exhaust, has about 29 more HP than some of you guy's stock cars with a taitec exhaust. This is at sea level with the temperature of 23 degrees.

I tried to tell mitch I think something may be off, but he is confident everything is fine. I don't know what to think of this really.

Last edited:
Its not running lean on 8.5 PSI? how is it building so much boost? thats well over what its supposed to, isn't it? does Shad have some trick up his sleeve?
No, its not Shad... its the cold weather. The Autorotor is so efficient that at low temperatures it can make lots of boost. I'm seeing this now and its actually a problem because the ACM doesn't have fuel/timing for these high levels.

I just got the big news on my car after the CTSC and the GT-One exhaust... this is on the same dyno that read 250 stock. The big #? 318.

A/F ratios are excellent. So I don't know what to think of that honestly... obviously something is going on. Mitch told me that is a real #. That all these other dyno #'s are not real #'s of the actual HP to the ground.

I am just going to get the car back and go to a different dyno and see what I get. The Supercharger seems to be working well he said and everything seems to be fine. So really, if everything is fine and the dyno is accurate, that means my supercharged 05 with the $3000 GT-One header, no cats, and the F1 exhaust, has about 29 more HP than some of you guy's stock cars with a taitec exhaust.

I tried to tell mitch I think something may be off, but he is confident everything is fine. I don't know what to think of this really.

Definitely seems low. I would expect to see a minimum of 75-80 whp increase over your baseline #, especially since you have headers and exhaust. Hopefully you get things straightened out. Do you have a readout on how much boost you were making at each rpm during your dyno pull? That would also rule out belt slippage.

I am just going to get the car back and go to a different dyno and see what I get. The Supercharger seems to be working well he said and everything seems to be fine. So really, if everything is fine and the dyno is accurate, that means my supercharged 05 with the $3000 GT-One header, no cats, and the F1 exhaust, has about 29 more HP than some of you guy's stock cars with a taitec exhaust. This is at sea level with the temperature of 23 degrees.

Ok, yes numbers are very adjustable on dynos.... so I wouldn't be surprised if that isn't what you are actually putting down. However, we need to see a graph and specifically on that contains a boost chart as well as A/F. The first time I dyno'ed my belt wasn't tight enough and the car only made like 4lbs of boost and only added like 35whp - even though A/F looked ok. Once it was properly tightened, it made much more. Also, was this a mustang or a dynojet. These also affect what your expected numbers should be.

Considering the cost of an 05 along with the mods I'd be a bit upset. This is why I'm looking for a 996 GT3.

Wow has there been some switch to FI? It seems like everyone posting dynos these days are all boosted. Unless of course, the big numbers are intimidating all the N/A and stock guys. :tongue: I wonder if we'll see a day where the number of boosted NSXs outnumber the N/A NSXs?

Here's mine. FX500 turbo, about 11 lbs. of boost, 105 F ambient temps.

12272nsx_turbo_dyno_10_lbs-med.JPG

Considering the cost of an 05 along with the mods I'd be a bit upset. This is why I'm looking for a 996 GT3.

GT3s are nice cars, but you'd miss the looks of the NSX.

^-------:eek:

My dyno results were posted some time ago by Devin Pearce, but I thought I would respond to this thread. My 97 NA engine is stock, other than Comptech H/E/high-flow cats, Cantrell intake and a piggy-back chip. Of course, 315 HP is not enough, so I have a couple of things in mind this spring:rolleyes: .

2090207_15_full.jpg

BUMP.

Figured this thread was still relevant and I was searching for the highest NA numbers that people have seen. I have yet to find someone with cams etc also.

Hopefully people post up!

See post #31,,comptech cams.

you number seems pretty high

my 02 dynoed 275 RWHP @ autowave with comptech I/H/E

As I'm sure you know comparing HP from different dyno machines with different atmospheric conditions is folly.

Back