• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What are your thoughts please ...

I have found a 2001 NSX with 32,000 miles on it in the USA. Looks to be a two owner car but has been tried to be sold through two different dealerships been at two different auto auctions, and one used car lots for about 14 months now. They have been asking $65,000, and recently brought it down to $59,000

The bumper and or hood possibly both have been painted, other than that car looks to be in good shape with 32,000 miles.

If the car checks out ok after an Acura dealership goes over it, keeping in mind the bumper or hood possibly both has been repainted, what is a reasonable amount of money one should offer them for this car.

Thanks for your input.

Ian

I have found a 2001 NSX with 32,000 miles on it in the USA. Looks to be a two owner car but has been tried to be sold through two different dealerships been at two different auto auctions, and one used car lots for about 14 months now. They have been asking $65,000, and recently brought it down to $59,000

The bumper and or hood possibly both have been painted, other than that car looks to be in good shape with 32,000 miles.

If the car checks out ok after an Acura dealership goes over it, keeping in mind the bumper or hood possibly both has been repainted, what is a reasonable amount of money one should offer them for this car.

Thanks for your input.

Ian

that seems like a lot of money for a front end damaged 2001 but
i have no point of reference...

Just remember that carfax is only one of many tools to help you determine whether or not you should purchase a particular vehicle. Many times, carfax does not show damage reports, because quite simply, the repairs weren't documented.
I would have an experienced body man take a look at the car on a lift before you commit to anything. That hour of labor that your paying for a professional to look at a car of this caliber is certainly worth it in my opinion. And if the seller isn't willing to let you have the car inspected (PPI), then you will probably want to steer clear from this NSX all together.

Good luck.

that seems like a lot of money for a front end damaged 2001 but
i have no point of reference...

Yes, you should be able to get an '03 with no damage, under Acura certified warranty, and about 10,000 less miles on it for that price. ;)

Thanks for your input.

Ian
If the car checks out, and was not front end repainted, even at 59k, you're overpaying (IMHO). At best, an all original "A" car would be @ 50k, with all services up to date. But, since they're not making any more cars, and if it checks out, make an offer that you're willing to pay, and see what happens.

Thanks for your reply guys.

They are happy and even suggested that I bring the car to an Acura dealership of my choice to have it thoroughly inspected.

I am kind of getting cold feet on this car. I like the idea of purchasing one from an owner, not a car that seems to have done the circuit, while trying to sell it.

I will wait and see what happens.

Thanks for your guys guidance and input, I have appreciated your help.

Ian

I concur that the price is too high for a 2001.

Thanks for your input.

Ian

The price is high for a 2001. You can get a 02/03 around that price. Skip this one.

The price is $10k too high. I just bought a 2001 three months ago, and its my 3rd NSX, so I have a reference. With so many NSXs for sale out there, you should keep looking.

Why are so many people giving the advice of only "look for another example"? If a dealer is selling it (especially if a dealer is selling it), the asking price is not the price they expect to get for it. They build in insane amounts of markup in hopes that the buyer is not good at bargaining.

If the car checks out okay during the PPI and you like the car, I think an alternative to that advice is to make a counter offer and try to get it for what you think is fair (whatever that amount is... I don't know).

J

Call an autobroker for used cars. They will be able to find you a nice one with no accidents in the color you want.

And ditto on what every one else said, 65k is way too much $$ for a 01.

Back