• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

what do you guys think of this?

Ok i finally got everything worked out, and it was simply a matter of tuning. With the help of Mark Basch, Larry B, and a shop aware of my needs. Now as for currys:

With the foregoing said, we don't thinks its fair for him to bash us on a public forum for circumstances that were beyond our control is not right.

Opinion:
If you do not encourage, recommend or advertise customer supplied parts, you should have simply declined the job.

Fact:
I got my car running simply by tuning, and making no changes to the install that you did.

Fact:
You did not try to tune my car. If you would have attempted to tune my car after the install, you would have found what the issue was. (even me with very limted mechanical experience was able to figure this out) An imcomplete and inaccurate fuel map was the culprit.

Opinion:
I thought installs included tuning to get the car working properly. How is this out of your control? Or am I supposed to be happy that you installed it, but it doesnt work right.

Ive got alot more, but since I got things worked out, Ill leave it alone. Thanks Mark Basch for your personal attention even with NSXpo going on.

Last edited:
donwon said:
Ok i finally got everything worked out, and it was simply a matter of tuning. With the help of Mark Basch, Larry B, and a shop aware of my needs. ... Thanks Mark Basch for your personal attention even with NSXpo going on.
Awesome! Very good to hear that. How's it feel?
MB certainly was working his tail off at XPO. Glad to see that he was on top of your install. Tough job he has, being everywhere(not literally) at once.

donwon said:
Opinion:
If you do not encourage, recommend or advertise customer supplied parts, you should have simply declined the job.

Fact:
I got my car running simply by tuning, and making no changes to the install that you did.
Yes, he should have declined. But then the install was actually done right! Except for the tuning, that is.

KGP said:
I don't think you have been bashed (no pun intended). Sounds like Don was simply worked-up toward the anticipation of what he believed would be a no hassle installation and the resulting fun it would provide. Unfortunately it didn't work out that way because of the missing parts, rich condition, whatever. Sounds like you spent quite a bit of time trying to make it right, where the tools to do so were out of your reach. Let's hope Don can get things wrapped-up and get on the road with a BBSC that is 100% right.
I think Currys was unfairly bashed here. Now I've read both sides of the story. Currys installed the BBSC with the assumption that all the parts were there and in working order. In fact, Currys spent extra labor and time to attempt to retify the problem. It is just not fair for Donwon to blame his bad experience with the BBSC on Currys. Donwon kept asking why Curry did not do a dyno, but it is painfully clear, at least to me, that Currys was afraid to detonate the engine with its lean reading at high RPMs. I am glad that Mark came through to stand behind his product. Curry did nothing wrong. I think Donwon owes Currys a big apology.
Steve

Back