• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What do you think about this type of agm battery

Hi everyone,
I need some help on this.
I am searching for a lightweight battery
I found this battery
https://polycarconceptsport.eu/batt...52-batterie-au-gel-12v-32amp-100-etanche.html

Searching for more informations on this brand on the web, I finally found this is this type of battery

https://www.amazon.com/Golden-Alero-GP50-Wheelchair-Battery/dp/B009DKH2W2

Can this be suitable for a car and more precisely a NSX?
This seems mostly the same as an Odyssey battery don't you think?
Thank you for the advices on this

Last edited:
Run a search for batteries. I think this topic has been covered quite well over the years.

As to what you found and comparing it to the Odyssey, I cannot say. I still run the OEM battery in mine. I suppose for the amount of money at play, you can test it out and advise the rest of us as to whether it will work long term (i.e. hold up to daily usage.)

Best of luck.

Can this be suitable for a car and more precisely a NSX?
This seems mostly the same as an Odyssey battery don't you think?

Suitable is a very subjective word. What trade-offs do you want to make? There are a number of 12v auto batteries with the correct terminal type and orientation that can be made to fit in the NSX. Odyssey's recommended battery for the NSX is the 35 PC1400T which has an energy storage capacity of 55 AH (10 hr rating). That is about twice the energy storage rating of the battery you are considering. The NSX has fairly high parasitic loads when parked with the security system armed. Unless you install a battery tender, the battery you are considering will probably be dead if the car is parked without being used for 2 weeks (less if you are in a cold climate). If you use the car every day, then maybe that is not a problem.

Also, consider the fact that the battery in question is not designed for automotive use. It is a wheelchair battery which is designed for steady load and deep draw down. An automobile battery floats most of the time (load is carried by the alternator); but, is designed to supply high starting currents for brief periods of time. The wheel chair battery may have a high internal resistance which means that starting performance may be poor (particularly if you are in a cold climate).

Last edited:
The NSX has fairly high parasitic loads when parked with the security system armed. Unless you install a battery tender, the battery you are considering will probably be dead if the car is parked without being used for 2 weeks (less if you are in a cold climate).

Old Guy, is the parasitic load substantially less if parked without the security system armed? I've wondered about that.
In that vein, how long would you say the car could be parked with an unarmed security system and a stock battery before the battery would die?

. . . how long would you say the car could be parked with an unarmed security system and a stock battery before the battery would die?

Based on my experience between 3 and 4 weeks before my battery was too low to start the car. Security system was not armed. I keep mine on a Battery Tender Plus (brand) maintenance charger. 1.25a with the necessary float charging circuitry so it doesn't overcharge the battery and boil out the fluid.

Old Guy, is the parasitic load substantially less if parked without the security system armed? I've wondered about that.
In that vein, how long would you say the car could be parked with an unarmed security system and a stock battery before the battery would die?

In house / building security systems, the security system circulates something like about 0.1 amp through detection points like window and door contacts which are typically closed when the window / door is closed. This assures that the contact closed / open operation can be detected reliably minimizing false operations. Using a normally closed indication also allows the system to spot a failed contact. However, my recollection is that on the NSX some of the contacts (like the door contacts) are open when the door (or whatever) is closed. If that is the case for all the security contacts on the NSX, then when the security system is armed there may be no additional circulating current associated with contact monitoring. If some of the contacts are normally closed, then there will be some current flowing through the contacts when the system is armed which will contribute to depletion of the battery. My NSX sits in a garage with a monitored security system so I leave it unlocked / unarmed so I have never tested the effect of leaving the security system armed.

The biggest parasitic current draw is probably the OEM or aftermarket keyless entry systems which have a radio that is on all the time. After that its the ECU and radio which power up RAM for things like error codes, fuel trim and radio presets. The previous owner of my car drove the NSX during the winter and installed a larger battery than the original group 35 battery. With the larger battery, I have let the car sit (un armed but I do have the OEM keyless system) for up to 3 weeks with no tender and it has started just fine with temperatures around 0C.

Last edited:
Thank you for the large answer.
I would not had concider this type of battery if I had not seen it sold from this race car 's internet shop.
It is very weird from them to rebadge it and sell it as a car battery.

As Odyssey battery, many nsx' s owners drive with a 950 (i even saw some people talking about 680 wich are even weaker)

Here we do not see below 0 Celsius very often. Maybe one ore two weeks a year. It is mainly from 10 to 25 Celsius.
The car sits inside a garage and I do not even close the doors as I think if someone want to still the car, he will still it anyway. So not so much current draw

If you think this will not work as a car battery i do not want to check for nothing. I will find something else

Last edited:
Back