• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What do you think my SC NSX is worth?

I am thinking about upgrading to a newer NSX.
My NSX is a '94 Red/Black with 19K miles.
Comptech Supercharger(installed by Basch)
Comptech Headers
Comptech Exhaust
RM Intake.

No dings, and in excellent condition inside and out. This is not an ad to sell so please don't move my post, I just wanted to find out the approximate private party value for my NSX.

Thanks for your input guys....

Regards,

Justin in AZ

Based on the low miles and upgrades, and assuming paint/interior are in good order, I'd say that 44-47K would be a fair price for the car. Best of luck.

Posting for David Allen who is experiencing a technical problem:

----------------

Edmunds comes up with a TMV price of $34K for private and $39K for a dealer. It's very low mile, and if it's in excellent condition I'd say the car stock could be sold around $38K. Now if you put in $17K like I did into the comptech mods, I'd try to get $8-9K out of them, so add that to the price. That way they get a great car with the great mods at half the price.

If somebody wants the BBD (bigger better deal) tell them to go elsewhere. They ARE going to pay for the mods, but just at 50%.

I think with the right buyer you could sell the car for $45K.

Either somebody wants a stock car or they don't, and if they want to buy a modded car, they ARE going to pay more for it - simple as that.

Also do a little research on autotrader, etc. and find out what stock 94's with your miles and in your condition are selling for - then add what you think is fair for the mods.

I purchased my first '92 for $45K in '96 and sold it in '99 for $42.5K. During that time I put 10-20K miles on it. Was the price a little higher than normal - yes, but the guy who purchased it was happy as a clam - he found the car he wanted that was in the condition he wanted.

Be patient and get for your car what you know it's worth; you should find the right buyer.

---
David Allen
Pharaoh Productions, L.L.C. http://www.pharaoh-productions.com
Creators of DOMINION and UNIVERSE

Take off all your mods, sell your car for $40k and install all the mods onto 97+. Problem solved.
smile.gif

Originally posted by ak:
Take off all your mods, sell your car for $40k and install all the mods onto 97+. Problem solved.
smile.gif

Most of them will not carry over to a '97+ car.

I did not know that SC for 97- and 97+ were different. sorry
redface.gif
I thought header/exhaust were the same except some adapters?

Well, as the proud new owner of a 94 I will tell you that I think $40k is low. I think a fair price is in the $43-$45k range with the options and mileage listed. However, if you decide to go to a newer model year and sell your upgrades please give me a call.

Originally posted by ak:
I did not know that SC for 97- and 97+ were different. sorry
redface.gif
I thought header/exhaust were the same except some adapters?

The SC is basically the same. Some small parts will be needed as well as a new rear strut bar (targa) and engine cover but most of the rest should interchange if it's one of the more recent kits.

Back