• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What do you think of my CARFAX? JH4NA1151MT001017

Not so pretty eh? VIN: JH4NA1151MT001017

<table id="recordTable1" width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="oddrow" id="detailsHeaderRow1"><th id="dateHeader1" width="13%">Date:</th><th id="mileageHeader1" class="mileage" width="13%">Mileage:</th><th id="sourceHeader1" width="24%">Source:</th><th id="commentsHeader1" width="50%">Comments:</th></tr> <tr id="record1" class="evenrow"><td valign="top"> 01/01/1991 </td><td class="mileage">
</td><td valign="top"> Dealer Inventory </td><td valign="top"> Vehicle sold </td> </tr> <tr id="record2" class="oddrow"><td valign="top"> 04/11/1994 </td><td class="mileage"> 38 </td><td valign="top"> New York
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Medford, NY </td><td valign="top"> New owner reported
SALVAGE TITLE/CERTIFICATE ISSUED </td> </tr> <tr id="record3" class="evenrow"><td valign="top"> 01/01/1995 </td><td class="mileage"> 20,000 </td><td valign="top"> Ohio
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Lowellville, OH
Title #5000284188 </td><td valign="top"> SALVAGE TITLE/CERTIFICATE ISSUED
NOT ACTUAL MILEAGE TITLE ISSUED CARFAX Advisor™
A NAM title is issued when the owner discloses to a DMV mileage fraud, a broken odometer or that the actual mileage of this vehicle is unknown.

Mileage reported after this reading is potentially unreliable.
</td> </tr> <tr id="record4" class="oddrow"><td valign="top"> 01/20/1995 </td><td class="mileage">
</td><td valign="top"> New Jersey
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Rego Park, NY </td><td valign="top"> Title issued or updated </td> </tr> <tr id="record5" class="evenrow"><td valign="top"> 02/16/1995 </td><td class="mileage">
</td><td valign="top"> New Jersey
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Jersey City, NJ </td><td valign="top"> Title issued or updated </td> </tr> <tr id="record6" class="oddrow"><td valign="top"> 05/05/1995 </td><td class="mileage">
</td><td valign="top"> Acura </td><td valign="top"> Manufacturer Safety, Emission or
Non-compliance recall issued
Recall # J95
1986-91 SEAT BELT
Locate an authorized Acura dealer to obtain more information about this recall </td> </tr> <tr id="record7" class="evenrow"><td valign="top"> 06/02/1995 </td><td class="mileage">
</td><td valign="top"> New York
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Medford, NY </td><td valign="top"> SALVAGE TITLE/CERTIFICATE ISSUED </td> </tr> <tr id="record8" class="oddrow"><td valign="top"> 07/11/1995 </td><td class="mileage">
</td><td valign="top"> NICB </td><td valign="top"> Vehicle recovered after theft
Inspected for damage </td> </tr> <tr id="record9" class="evenrow"><td valign="top"> 08/25/1995 </td><td class="mileage"> 21,764 </td><td valign="top"> Maryland
Motor Vehicle Dept.
La Plata, MD
Title #23999214 </td><td valign="top"> Title or registration issued </td> </tr> <tr id="record10" class="oddrow"><td valign="top"> 01/13/2001 </td><td class="mileage"> 41,033 </td><td valign="top"> Florida
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Fort Lauderdale, FL </td><td valign="top"> Odometer reading reported </td> </tr> <tr id="record11" class="evenrow"><td valign="top"> 01/30/2001 </td><td class="mileage"> 41,118 </td><td valign="top"> Rick Case Auto Group
Fort Lauderdale, FL
954-587-1111
www.rickcaseacura.co
m </td><td valign="top"> Vehicle serviced </td> </tr> <tr id="record12" class="oddrow"><td valign="top"> 03/26/2001 </td><td class="mileage">
</td><td valign="top"> Florida
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Title #0082938988 </td><td valign="top"> Title issued or updated
Loan or lien reported </td> </tr> <tr id="record13" class="evenrow"><td valign="top"> 05/01/2001 </td><td class="mileage">
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Loan or lien reported </td> </tr> <tr id="record14" class="oddrow"><td valign="top"> 01/20/2003 </td><td class="mileage"> 52,155 </td><td valign="top"> Florida
Damage Report </td><td valign="top"> Vehicle inspected after an
accident or other incident
Damage to rear
A vehicle inspection completed
by your dealer or professional
inspector is recommended </td> </tr> <tr id="record15" class="evenrow"><td valign="top"> 04/30/2004 </td><td class="mileage">
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Loan or lien reported </td></tr></tbody></table>

Re: What do you think of my CARFAX?

So does that mean it has a clear florida title now?

wow. is all I can say this poor NSX has had a hard life of theft, owners that cant drive and wrecks.

I am happy she has a good home now. and who cares about how many owners and if it has a clean title or not.

the car fax on my 1992 NSX has a clean title and 5 previous owners and was owned my
a company called " Minor Miracles " something to do with Minor league baseball.
and has seen more states that I have. was sent from one side of the USA to the other from auctions to auctions and finally found its Permanent owner in Florida " ME "

I would say no because after the latest entry in 2004, no where does it say "Title issued or updated":

I hope you were fully aware right?

Nope, bought the car knowing it was carefully restored to a really nice condition =)

wow. is all I can say this poor NSX has had a hard life of theft, owners that cant drive and wrecks.

I am happy she has a good home now. and who cares about how many owners and if it has a clean title or not.

the car fax on my 1992 NSX has a clean title and 5 previous owners and was owned my
a company called " Minor Miracles " something to do with Minor league baseball.
and has seen more states that I have. was sent from one side of the USA to the other from auctions to auctions and finally found its Permanent owner in Florida " ME "

The car was exported late in 2004 to Sweden, where I live. The builder chose it as a donor car for the Veilside build. It was cheap and in a poor condition. Now its in a really nice condition and resides comfortably in a true enthusiast garage, making up for all the bad years, so who cares about the history, as you say?

I'm a little worried for the engine/tranny though. Don't know the service history or how it's been driven. I know the NSX is a really well built mean machine with long lasting engines so I don't baby it while driving, and I can tell you that all the original ponys put inside it back in 91 are still drawing breath, it goes like nothing i've evere driven before, much more fun than a Ferrari F430, and better looking too!

If it blows, it blows. That would just be a good excuse to do a full engine rebuild with a lot of SOS candy ^_^

Mr. Goat, as they say "whatever floats your boat". If you are happy with the car and comfortable with the repairs then no argument from me. This is a car I personally would have avoided like the plague!! Now if it ever comes time to sell, guessing your interested parties will be smaller because of the cars history. And price is another story all by itself. If you don't care then just go and enjoy the car and life I'd say. :smile::smile::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Mr. Goat, as they say "whatever floats your boat". If you are happy with the car and comfortable with the repairs then no argument from me. This is a car I personally would have avoided like the plague!! Now if it ever comes time to sell, guessing your interested parties will be smaller because of the cars history. And price is another story all by itself. If you don't care then just go and enjoy the car and life I'd say. :smile::smile::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I think it depends on what car one is interested in. If you're interested in getting a mint OEM car then the history is really important. But such a car is not the best choice for a complete rebuild, such as mine, where every wear item and every damaged part was replaced or fixed and then topped of with a widebody kit and new paint :smile:

I don't and will never understand people who would use irrelevant history of a car in order to get a lower price. If the car has been restored to mint, what's the problem?

By the way, my car is valued by my insurance company to 52 k and would not sell it for less, if I ever did.

Back