• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What Do You Think?

My love affair with my new NSX is in FULL SWING. I just had the bolster repaired($450) and it looks brand new(the guy is a real craftsman).Than I had the new wheels mounted(TSW Cadwell Gunmetal 17/18) and the pictures just don't do them justice. They are beautiful....and Yes I'm keeping it stock height. :smile:

Attachments

• NSX New Wheels 004.jpg
    NSX New Wheels 004.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 372
  • NSX New Wheels 005.jpg
    NSX New Wheels 005.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 283
Lookng good! Although I wonder if you can stick to the "I'm keeping it stock" thing.

My love affair with my new NSX is in FULL SWING. I just had the bolster repaired($450) and it looks brand new(the guy is a real craftsman).Than I had the new wheels mounted(TSW Cadwell Gunmetal 17/18) and the pictures just don't do them justice. They are beautiful....and Yes I'm keeping it stock height. :smile:

I think it looks great and I love your wheels. I'm another at stock height. Better stock than torn off front lip, in my book. Oh, but your wheels don't look gunmetal at all in those photos. They look shiny silver. Love them, regardless.

Maybe add the zanardi set up if you want oem look still.....it drops it slightly and adds handling.

"The front and rear shock rebound rates have been increased by 99 percent and 31 percent, respectively, along with compression rates that have been increased by 72 percent and 50 percent. Front and rear springs are 103 percent and 32 percent stiffer, respectively, along with firmer bushings — yielding front and rear roll centers that are lower by 0.6 inches in front and 0.3 inches at the rear. A lower overall vehicle height and center of gravity also contribute to improved cornering. " from wiki

http://daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=960

or for something similiar and cheaper

http://daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=1755

You can probably get some swift springs also with either shock set up.

Last edited:
I think it looks great and I love your wheels. I'm another at stock height. Better stock than torn off front lip, in my book.
I'm at the stock height, too, even though I had the opportunity to lower it when I had my Bilsteins installed. The NSX is already plenty low (as anyone who has tried jacking it with a standard floor jack knows). As Patricia aptly notes, it's already difficult to keep the front lip from scraping, and I wouldn't want that to get any worse. And getting in and out of the NSX isn't exactly the easiest even at stock ride height, and I wouldn't want that to get any worse, either.

Tell that silly line about "4x4 stance" to almost anyone looking at an NSX at stock ride height and most people will think you're crazy. But to each his own; the nice thing about lowering is that it's easy for anyone to change his/her car as he/she sees fit. I'm very happy with my NSX the way it is, at the stock ride height.

I'm at the stock height, too, even though I had the opportunity to lower it when I had my Bilsteins installed. The NSX is already plenty low (as anyone who has tried jacking it with a standard floor jack knows). As Patricia aptly notes, it's already difficult to keep the front lip from scraping, and I wouldn't want that to get any worse. And getting in and out of the NSX isn't exactly the easiest even at stock ride height, and I wouldn't want that to get any worse, either.

Tell that silly line about "4x4 stance" to almost anyone looking at an NSX at stock ride height and most people will think you're crazy. But to each his own; the nice thing about lowering is that it's easy for anyone to change his/her car as he/she sees fit. I'm very happy with my NSX the way it is, at the stock ride height.

I don't think I could have said it any better...:smile:

Im not bashing anyone, my personal preference is lowered. I think its a pain in the butt getting in and out of my NSX, but to me it looks much better lowered, so I deal with it.

Im not bashing anyone, my personal preference is lowered. I think its a pain in the butt getting in and out of my NSX, but to me it looks much better lowered, so I deal with it.

I say lower it a little bit. The car looks so hot that way.

How long does the rear last on stock height, like 15K miles? Lol never really got around to finding out

I have the camber kit so it lasts a lot more than 15k.
Its the oem rear toe setting causing the most tire wear followed by too much camber after lowering w/o the kit.
Set the rear to min. toe should save a few miles on tires.

Not focused at you but...

I'm old enough to remember when "jacked up" in the rear was COOL! (Even if you didn't need it for wider tires).

So stick around long enough and you will become "in" again...no matter which you choose. :)

The wheels are ok, a little bit too much bling-bling to me but that's just me. :)

I say stick on a set of Bilstiens {lower perch of course} on the stock springs and be happy. Good ride not too low and it's very affordable.:smile:

I say stick on a set of Bilstiens {lower perch of course} on the stock springs and be happy. Good ride not too low and it's very affordable.:smile:

I really like your new wheels:smile:

I did the above about a month ago and have been very happy with the height and ride.
But you have to do what makes you happy not anyone else:wink:
My .02

Chrome on black is nice, but the height issue needs to be readdressed, come on man even give us even an inch drop??? just do it!!! :) Cheers, otherwise looks nice!

That's funny:biggrin: I'm not saying NEVER...maybe some Blis on low perch... just not right now...buy maybe before the next driving season in March...:wink:

Good choice I have same wheels but I have bilsteins at lower punch, makes a big difference so I strongly recommend.

hey rob, like ur wheels...i'm thinking of getting some 17/18 from TSWs as well...very good price... which offset did you get for front and back?

i don't want to deal with spacers, if i can get close enough for nice flush fit...

i'm gonna put on some eibach/dali to lower 1.25" though so, not sure if i have to have different offset when i do that....as long as i dont' rub, that's all i care about ....

jim R
95 nsx stock....

Back