• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What does leatherique smell like?

Just spent a couple of hours searching here and at google on the "Leatherique vs Lexol," or other for our seats. My question is, does Leatherique smell like a dead animal as one beemer guy said? Is that why some pro's say to use Leatherique occasionally and then use Lexol over that on a regular basis? My 92 still smells like leather (lexol user), but i feel it may be time to use a product that may penetrate deeper, but i wouldn't want to lose the leather smell. TIA.

it doesn't have a real strong smell to me,but what i can smell is pleasant.
i definitely think it's the best stuff,much better than lexol which i used before.

Leatherique is Nice. It has a unique smell but its not bad at all. Definately better than lexol or armoral.

I agree, I used a lot of it on my seats to restore the suppleness over the winter and different from other treatments, but I found it quite pleasing, not like a "chemical" smell....use it, it was great from my seats which although in great shape, were starting t get a bit dry....after 3 - 4 coats of massaging this in, they are like super soft and less wrinkles showing.

Leatherique has a better smell than Zaino Leather in a Bottle! again as other have stated, not a chemical smell, but more natural.
I keep buying this stuff and use it exclusively now. I had a scratch on my drivers seat and with their products, I was able to treat and hide it that I have a hard time finding the scratch.
I apply and clean once a year in the fall before the car gets parked for the winter on two cars.

the "rejuvenator oil" or conditioner is suppose to not only soften the leather, but also cause the dirt in the leather to be drawn out.

the "pristine clean" cleaner is then applied to "clean" the residue from the conditioner and whatever crap was drawn from the leather.

smell is okay but not as fresh & clean scented as the zaino leather in the bottle stuff.

Smells like this:
bacon.png

j/k

Last edited:
Back