• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What does your Prime User name mean?

Black-n-Blue

Then why isn't the icon stick-man black, instead of blue?

Because on the movie's CD jewel case, the stick-man is blue.....besides, I like that color of The Blue Man Group. :) He is also on both sides of my helmet, being a "saint" that has saved me a couple of times....one of the instructors even commented that, "He was with you." when I saved a spin at Road Atlanta. The spin was as you begin the complex that leads into the downhill esses. If the rear end begins to step out, it is virtually a promise that sheet metal will be bent. Instead I mowed the grass and other than red clay dust, everything was fine. Another near-miss was as you come up the hill (T10B ?) that leads you under the bridge which drops down onto the front straight. Yikes. :eek: "Saint" is also the nickname of my NSX.

octane

\Oc"tane\, n. [See Octa-] . (Chem.) Any one of a group of metametric hydrocarcons (C8H18) of the methane series.
The most important is a colorless, volatile, inflammable liquid, found in petroleum, and a constituent of benzene or ligroin.

The SGI Octane (and the very similar SGI Octane2) are UNIX workstations marketed by SGI. Both are SMP-capable (up to 2 identical processors) workstations, originally based on the MIPS architecture R10000 processor. Newer Octanes are based on MIPS R12000 and R14000. Octane2 has four improvements compared to Octane. Octane2 has revised power supply, system-board and xbow. Octane2 also shipped with VPro graphics and supports all available VPro cards (V6, V8, V10 and V12). Later revision Octanes also included some of the improvements mentioned.

The Octane was the direct sucessor to the SGI Indigo2, and itself was succeeded by the SGI Tezro, and its immediate sibling is the SGI O2. SGI withdrew the Octane2 from the price book on May 26 2004, and will cease Octane2 production on June 25th, 2004. Support for the Octane2 will be withdrawn in June 2009.

hp_octane.gif

GOTTSPD=

A) play on my name;
B) play on the got milk thing;
C) bravado re: having a fast car;
D) Godspeed (i.e., success or good fortune).

Handle was given to me from an air combat school I attended one weekend.
“Casper”
Because I was able to disappear from my opponent. But mostly because all the loops, inversion and rolls made me white as a ghost. Pulling 6 g's hurts, and yes, I was sick beyond belief.
91 - you can figure out that part.

Did you have your G-suit and your poopy-suit on?

Casper91 said:
Handle was given to me from an air combat school I attended one weekend.
“Casper”
Because I was able to disappear from my opponent. But mostly because all the loops, inversion and rolls made me white as a ghost. Pulling 6 g's hurts, and yes, I was sick beyond belief.
91 - you can figure out that part.

No g-suit.
but my BDU's almost became a poopy suit. :eek:

We were taught techniques for fighting g-forces.
Life is good when you do as you are told.
Hurts when you don't.
Lesson learned. :rolleyes:

Mine is due to lack of imagination, and an inablity to change it after you have registered. :rolleyes: Its my hotmail account name. :redface:

VB - Virginia Beach...

I wanted XSNSX but that was already taken.. I bet it fits me better than who ever got it.. my license plate is XSNSX... b/c well.. it's:
my nsx...

X('S) - my name is Xavier.. nick named X
NSX...

works both ways.. really cool :tongue:

x

AndyVecsey said:
...Hint - what movie does the blue icon stick-man, reference?

Have the theme song playing while driving my black (lead role character was wearing black in an early scene of that movie) NSX and presto.....my PRIME avatar.

'The Saint' with Val Kilmer. That was the movie where the Volvo C70 first caught my eye as being an interesting car. Pretty good movie by the way. :smile:

Mine - the first initial of my first name (Brian) and my last name (Ling)...nothing to do with "da bling bling", but a lot of my clients think differently.

Shumdit is easy, swap the first letter of each syllable. Sort of like Fumduck, but not quite as offensive, although it might be equally applicable in my case :biggrin:

Trolls, you know, that ugly little fat things, always adding they're useless comments? *smirks*

Anyone know what Lud's refers to? Lud is the name of a town in a book I am reading, dunno if it's related.

NCC-1701D

The U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-D was a Galaxy-class extended-duration starship and the flagship of Starfleet. The fifth starship to be named Enterprise, she was commanded by Captain Jean-Luc Picard.
With a total of 42 decks, the U.S.S. Enterprise-D was twice the length and had eight times the interior space of the Constitution-class ships of over a century earlier; she carried a combined crew and passenger load of about 1,012.

Defensive systems included 10 phaser banks, 250 photon torpedoes, and a high capacity shield grid; there are some 4,000 power systems in all aboard ship.

NCC-1701D said:
NCC-1701D

The U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-D was a Galaxy-class extended-duration starship and the flagship of Starfleet. The fifth starship to be named Enterprise, she was commanded by Captain Jean-Luc Picard.
With a total of 42 decks, the U.S.S. Enterprise-D was twice the length and had eight times the interior space of the Constitution-class ships of over a century earlier; she carried a combined crew and passenger load of about 1,012.

Defensive systems included 10 phaser banks, 250 photon torpedoes, and a high capacity shield grid; there are some 4,000 power systems in all aboard ship.

:confused: Wow... nerd alert! :D :D :D ;)

I'm poetic (though I havn't written much as of late), and the x is just, well, there. It's also my main email address, and the only other name I use online (other than psykosis, my usual nickname). I'm a creative person, typically outside the box so-to-speak, and I think my avatar also reflects that.

:)

Back