• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What exhausts are you guys using with your CT Superchargers

I currently have the Taitec Parallel. Im told the inner diameter piping is to small for FI and if i went with a different, larger diamter exhaust i would see noticable HP gains. People recommend the Lightweight but i think the diamter is the same 52mm.??

What do you guys run??

I have a custom Turbohoses R&D 3" exhaust with Hi-Flow cats. I love the deep, throaty rumble!

As I really liked the sound of the Taitec GTLW on my NA NSX, so I put it on the SC too.
However, while the sound was great, the noise level was just too much for me on longer drives, got so irritating that I didn't want to use the stereo anymore as the compilation of all sounds was just too much.

I am now running the Comptech, and even though the sound is nowhere near as nice as the GTLW, the noise level is a lot better.
Perhaps I am just getting too old, but don't want to ruin my hearing...:redface::rolleyes:

I had a Taitec Parallel on my NSX with a Comptech supercharger and I can not tell the difference with the GT-One v5.1. The Taitec Parallel IMO sounds better.

I think both the Parallel and the GTLW has 52mm piping

Matt,

Obviously someone was giving you good advice. I am guessing Autowave gave you the advice. Listen to them, you will probably pick up 10 more RWHP with a bigger piping exhaust like GTLW or GTone V2. Hoa with the beautiful Imola 02+, also jumped ship from Parallel to GTLW for more power. I have seen NSXes with some awful dyno number with this exhaust compare to similar NSX with similar mods and different exhaust. I can provide info to back it up too, but not interested in putting anyone on the spot.

The Taitec Parallel has 50mm piping, GTLW has 60mm piping. I am not disrespecting at all, this is just pure known fact. Compare the exhaust in person you will see. The info in SOS is a typo, people often rely on their site for info as it is a creditable source, but no one is perfect.

Here is the real deal:
http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=24585&size=big&cat=&ppuser=11309
showphoto.php

Last edited:
Cantrell headers into Random Tech Cats into an Ark DTX exhaust.

The high flow cats definitely make the car louder...sounds great as it is. I tried a GTLW on there and I couldn't hear myself think.

Cantrell headers into Random Tech Cats into an Ark DTX exhaust.

The high flow cats definitely make the car louder...sounds great as it is. I tried a GTLW on there and I couldn't hear myself think.

Ehhh,
Perhaps there was nothing to hear??:tongue::biggrin:

GT-ROM GT-ONE F1 v5.1 Titanium Exhaust with Comptech Headers. Shad Huntley did a dyno exhaust test against a GTLW and the v5.1. The v5.1 only down about 3whp above 7000 RPM as compared to the GTLW.

I have the GTLW with the comptech headers, random tech cats, and the CTSC. Although I don't have experience with the Taitec Parallel exhaust, I do know the car feels a little more powerful with the GTLW (2.5" piping) when compared to the Tubi (2" piping) I had. The noise level is higher, but you get used to it. If the diameters are the same for the GTLW and parallel exhaust, then I wouldn't worry to much.

I have the GTLW with comptech s/c and comptech headers, I don't think its too loud at all. You guys are making me feel young, thanks;)

Keep in mind the gtlw comes with screw on silencers. I've never used them, but its a viable option for longer drives.

Will

GT-ROM GT-ONE F1 v5.1 Titanium Exhaust with Comptech Headers. Shad Huntley did a dyno exhaust test against a GTLW and the v5.1. The v5.1 only down about 3whp above 7000 RPM as compared to the GTLW.

Shad told me he lost 9 rwhp on a car just changing from a GTLW to a GT-Rom v5.1 Ti :confused: and the Ti v5.1 was over 16lb.

Doesn't matter much as GT-Rom is gone now :rolleyes:

I had a Taitec Parallel on my NSX with a Comptech supercharger and I can not tell the difference with the GT-One v5.1. The Taitec Parallel IMO sounds better.

I think both the Parallel and the GTLW has 52mm piping

I'll keep my GT-One v5.1 with my CTSC:wink:

Shad told me he lost 9 rwhp on a car just changing from a GTLW to a GT-Rom v5.1 Ti :confused: and the Ti v5.1 was over 16lb.

Doesn't matter much as GT-Rom is gone now :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

I'll have to check with Shad about the numbers you reported, doesn't sound right.

On an 02 NSX with CTSC/headers that we tested at Shad's, the v5.1 was only down 3whp above 7k RPM as compared to the GTLW... and it was only 14lbs. I ought to know, cause the dyno tests were for me to help me decide to buy the v5.1 or not. And I did... it's on my '05. :biggrin:

:rolleyes:

I'll have to check with Shad about the numbers you reported, doesn't sound right.

He told me he has it on the computer dyno saved. If it's your car do you have the sheets?

I'm running the Comptech exhaust with the Comptech headers and the ride is pretty quiet relative to my brother's Turbo Hoses 3" exhaust.

He told me he has it on the computer dyno saved. If it's your car do you have the sheets?

It wasn't my car, but was set up much like mine. Also, we tested three exhausts that day; a custom exhaust that Shad made, the GTLW and then the v5.1. The custom exhaust made about 9 WHP more than the v5.1 above 7k RPM and the GTLW made 3+WHP above 7k RPM. The is how I remember it. But I will have to check with Shad.

I have a CTSC with a CT intake and DC headers.

I blew out my old (RM) B&B exhaust within 300 miles with the new CTSC.

I then went with a new ARK and then with a new B&B searching for the great sound the car had before the CTSC install, which really quited the car exhaust note down. Neither really had it for me. They sound great on cars without the CTSC but on mine was just too polite and stock sounding.

I just installed a GT-One/ver5.1. This is what I was looking for!
A exhaust sound that matched the performance of the CTSC.

At WOT, 6000 rpm+ it changes pitch, adds this great high tone and shrieks. I got it though member VANCEHU who is offering these on Prime in the Group Buy section.

Changed the car for me the way the CTSC did. WOW.

Last edited:
Whats the Diameter piping on the ARK-DTX? Is it the same as the DTS?

I believe it's 2.5, but I can't really remember.
The stock cats were a bottleneck, but the random cats open that up.
However, I'm still not making as much power as some of these guys, so who really knows.

I am running Comptec headers and exhaust w/CTSC. Has "pleasant" tone without being "ricey" (is that a word?:biggrin:) and made 369 RWHP.:tongue:

I have the exact same setup (OE cats).....mine however only made 366,5 RWHP, where have the 2.5 RWHP gone:mad::rolleyes::wink:

Back