• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What exterior mods does this NSX have?

It has a body kit, aftermarket wheels, and a repaint job.

It's quite ugly, IMO - especially the way the surfaces of the bulging fender panels have no relationship whatsoever to the flat door panels. Looks like an E30 BMW M3 from the late 1980's.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
... Looks like an E30 BMW M3 from the late 1980's.

Actually, that's one of the few BMWs I'd care to own. Must be the kid racer in me still lingering. As for the NSX, it's less offensive than most kits but unless it has at least 500 HP to the wheels and needs the space for tires, I wouldn't bother. As nsxtasy said, the doors look out of place.

Wierd... that looks like a Wings West kit, but something else is going on there. That might be a WW kit plus some custom work on the fenders.

Definitely custom paint.

Looks like a variation of the Comptech widebody kit, except they added an extra scoop on the side sills (like Wings West pieces). I think the wheels are extra wide versions of a type of Ro_Ja wheels (RJ DeVera's line made by Motegi).

I like it, but for a show car. I wouldn't do that to my "only" NSX, but if I had a second one hanging around, I'd consider it. Plus, if I had some extra cash hanging around......

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400

Looks like a modified Comptech wide body kit.

-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

http://sacramento.nsxca.org/Events/thunderhill_driving_school_4-02.htm

I think I have seen that NSX before in a few import car mags, it was, IIRC, a Meguiar's show car, special paint job on a Comptech body kit. Looks like they did put on aftermarket side skirts, but the rest looks right on.

From the front the paint job looks even more impressive (if you can appreciate paint jobs other than factory, I suppose
smile.gif
. It's not just a solid color, it's got bronze highlights in it, very nice effect.

Its RJ de Vera's NSX, its a GT Spec Widebody kit from Comptech, the wheels are Motegi RO_JA Formula 7's with polished lips and painted lug nuts.

The paint is ChromaFlair Brandy Red to Rust Orange pigment shifting paint, and was done by Derek Telak at Body Pros.

He also has a slew of interior, audio, and engine mods, including NOS.

-B

I think that is one of the most beautiful NSXs I have ever laid eyes on.

The Comptech body kit is the best kit for the NSX IMO. Too bad it's so expensive.

I like that car, but personally I LOVE his car back when it was with Meguiars, and had the kit along with the Volk 5 Spoke type rims...much more classy to me..

I used to not be that enamored with "show class" cars, but, after seeing this one, if you're going to make an all-show car, the NSX is a nice way to do it!
wink.gif

And I'll bet you that it can do 0-60 (not sure of the time, but who cares - a lot of other show cars don't even look like they could make it to 60mph except under "ideal conditions".
smile.gif

I saw this car in person at an import car show when I was in CA(along with his S2000), and I have to say the fit and finish of the car is not the greatest. I would expect near perfection being the enthusiast that he is, but that wasn't the case.

I won't go into details but from afar it looks killer, until you get closer and start seeing the "flaws."

It's still a nice car to look at though
smile.gif

------------------
Richard
NSXTASY

Back