• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What Happened To The Hsc?????????

Can Anyone Tell Me What Happened The Hsc? Honda Had Featured It At A Few Auto Shows And Then Poof, It Disapeared.????????
And Now The New Picture In Motortrend Looks Like Crap!!!!!!!!!!!
Whats Going On At Honda? Dont They Realize That Alot Of Sales Of Civics, Accords, Tl's Ect.... Are All Alot Of Guys That Want An Nsx And Cant Afford One, But Love The Acura Statis, Driveablilty, Sportyness.
I Want A New Nsx!!!!!!!!
Reward For Anyone With Real Information.

I Think It Is Very Interesting How You Chose To Capitolize The First Letter Of Every Word In Your Sentences...

Why Do You Do This?

The HSC was a concept- some concepts don't happen.

I never thought it was more impressive than the NSX anyway.

i believe the HSC (high-performance sports concept) was shelved by honda. Tokyo International Auto Show hinted at the possibility of either a 3.5 or 3.8L;V-6 cylinder VTEC engine, capable of producing 350 to 400 hp (260 to 300 kW). The engine would be mated to a 6-speed automatic transmission shiftable via F1-style paddles behind the steering wheel. Along with that would be Bluetooth wireless connectivity, ACURA NavTraffic via a 7" naviation screen, and possibly the SH-AWD currently found in the Acura RL flagship sedan.

IMO the HSC looks awesome even in concept form.

We all saw the HSC pictures and that the mid-engine setup could not fit the V10 the next flagship will carry. We will find out more in the few months, but the V10 has been confirmed by top-executives and plans to produce the engine are underway.

what happened to the caps-lock key???????????

H-carWizKid said:
I Think It Is Very Interesting How You Chose To Capitolize The First Letter Of Every Word In Your Sentences...

Why Do You Do This?

When an individual types w/ the caps-lock key on, the forum software changes the text to as such that only the 1st letter of each word remains capitalized. I assume it's some sort of safe-guard.

On topic... the HSC right here & now would've been jaw-dropping, eye-popping, mojo' rising type of effect. But in 2, possibly 3 years... I'm not so sure. Gallardo 2 years ago raised the bar, but nothing since has really tried to challenge it in terms of aesthetic appeal, fresh design, and visual stimulation. F430, 997, and DB9 all seem refreshed editions of their former selves. And the neo-retro' trend w/ the GT, eventual Shelby-Cobra/'Stang, and Miura are just that: a trend. Perhaps using former glory to rekindle the spirit amongst former, but forgotten enthusiasts.

That's total BS that a V10 won't "fit" in a mid engine layout. Plenty of cars have bigger engines and/or more cylinders than that and are mid engined. Sounds like "stories" have been leaked to the media in order to keep us in the dark about what's really going on.

naaman said:
That's total BS that a V10 won't "fit" in a mid engine layout. Plenty of cars have bigger engines and/or more cylinders than that and are mid engined. Sounds like "stories" have been leaked to the media in order to keep us in the dark about what's really going on.

if you had paid attention, you'd realized by now that the HSC's engine was mounted lateraly (like in the current NSX). A V10 mounted in such way would cause the engine bay to be very wide. They are indeed Mid-Engined V10 but they are all mounted longitudinally, a complete different configuration than the HSC.

rickysals said:
I think he was talkin about the HSC platform couldn't support a V-10... not ME's in general :)

Exactly :D

This all seems like such a waste. I hope some honda execs read these posts. I would gladly pay 100-125k for the new car, and have been waiting since 01 for it. It seems like they are not too concerned with having a new car, like its not a big deal. I read the reason that the nsx never updated, was that they made commitments to buy parts for 25,000 cars up front, and it has taken that long to use them up, hence the old interier. If the HSC came out this year, they would of sold out no problem, in fact I would buy two. And so what if they replaced it again in 3-4years?????????????????????????????????? Get on the ball Honda,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I mean common man!!! They should of updated the nsx to a v-8 5 years ago.

Frustrated Nsx fan, Honda fan, wanting to buy a sports car now man!!

apapada said:
if you had paid attention, you'd realized by now that the HSC's engine was mounted lateraly (like in the current NSX). A V10 mounted in such way would cause the engine bay to be very wide. They are indeed Mid-Engined V10 but they are all mounted longitudinally, a complete different configuration than the HSC.

History lesson- Lamborghini Miura- Laterally mounted V-12 (also prone to fire, but that was more of a carboration issue)

Honda could probably fit a laterally mounted V-10 into a modified version of the HSC, but there is still the issue of it being a dated concept.

I imagine if the new car is mid-engine they would take ques from the show car, but it would be unlikely that the translation would be direct from the HSC

This is all still a wait and see game...

ron2002 said:
If the HSC came out this year, they would of sold out no problem, in fact I would buy two.

Frustrated Nsx fan, Honda fan, wanting to buy a sports car now man!!

Probably not if the car had come with a 3.5 L V6 and only 300 HP as it was speculated. I think that car would have been a total failure.

Now, if it had a V10 and 500HP, I think it would have sold easily. I think it was gorgeous.

apapada said:

Well, whatever...

I still have no idea what they were thinking with an engine that produced "more than 300PS." Just for the record, I don't care if it has a V6, V8,V10, V12... or V10,000.

Just as long as it's the sharpest handling car on the road and has competitive acceleration... and an option for standard shift if they MUST use those darn paddles.

Oh yeah, and the rear spoiler (or slight variation thereof) of the NSX should be kept... coolest looking feature on any car, ever.

H-carWizKid said:
History lesson- Lamborghini Miura- Laterally mounted V-12 (also prone to fire, but that was more of a carboration issue)

true. But the Miura's V12 transversal mid-engine configuration is rather the exception than the norm.

That still doesn't mean they can't put a V10 in the middle. Even if they wanted to mount is "sideways." Just design the car so it will fit. I mean, with the former car, they put a bunch of stuff up front. Besides, if the NSX is supposed to be based on F1, don't F1s use longitudinally mouted motors?

In my own personal opinion, I thought the HSC was ugly anyway, so if they have to redesign the car to make the motor fit, all the better.

I don't see why they don't just go with the theme of tweeking the appearence of the existing car bit by bit. That seems to work with all the "big names" in the automotive world (911, Corvette, Practically all BMWs, even Ferraris tend to make small changes between "generations"). It's a time tested method. Yeah, they might need to redesign every part of the car, but that doesn't mean it cant bear a strong resemblence to it's "older sister." Anyway, I digress...

If they want the current car to have the same kind of impact that the original had, they will have to "build it without concern to production cost or number of models sold."

apapada said:
We all saw the HSC pictures and that the mid-engine setup could not fit the V10 the next flagship will carry. We will find out more in the few months, but the V10 has been confirmed by top-executives and plans to produce the engine are underway.

more confirmation about the V10, coming out in 2008.

It's happening people !!!

the HSC is HOT!!!:cool:

Attachments

• IMG0000.JPG
    IMG0000.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG0001.JPG
    IMG0001.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG0002.JPG
    IMG0002.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG0003.JPG
    IMG0003.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 174
H-carWizKid said:

Why Do You Do This?

itS normaL, I chosE tO capitalizE thE lasT letteR oF everY worD iN mY sentenceS :biggrin:

unlemming said:
What kind of powerplant does it have in GT4? :D

??? it doesn't show, but when compared to an NSX R (both not modded) the NSXR is still better overall except maybe top end. i know my speculation has no real world significance, but hey, its something:biggrin:

anybody care to race!? :biggrin:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/03/21/new-details-emerge-on-the-2009-acura-nsx/

March 21st, New details emerge on the 2009 Acura NSX

The 2009 Honda/Acura NSX will target the Ferrari F430 and Lamborghini Gallardo, according to Britain’s AutoExpress magazine. Currently, the automaker is said to be testing two “stunning” prototypes — one with a front-engine layout, and one with a mid-engine, like the previous model. The car will have a 500 horsepower V10 and all-wheel-drive — as indicated by previous reports — and will also set the stage for a new design direction at Acura, according to AE. Recently, Germany’s Auto Motor und Sport said the new NSX would be something of a rand tourer and target Aston Martin. Given the use of a high-revving V10 engine, we tend to agree with the AutoExpress analysis. (Pictured right is a Honda supercar concept that might give some hints to the design of the new NSX).

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/01/20/honda-to-go-after-aston-with-next-nsx/

January 20th, Honda to go after Aston with next NSX?

Honda has reportedly changed its plans for the successor to the Acura NSX supercar, according to Germany’s Auto Motor und Sport magazine. Instead of building a strictly race-oriented sports car, the Japanese automaker now plans to go after Aston Martin with a grand tourer. The all-wheel-drive car is expected to come with a V10 engine and all-wheel-drive. While we wouldn’t take the artists’ impression of the new NSX (shown right) too literally at this point, it does offer an idea of where things might be headed. An official launch is expected in fall 2007. AMS also said Honda is planning a small city car to compete with the BMW Mini and Suzuki Swift. Moreover, the magazine said Acura is planning to launch an Accord coupe in 2009 based on the Sports 4 Concept.

Attachments

• jan20nsx.jpg
    jan20nsx.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 44
  • jan11nsx.jpg
    jan11nsx.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 66
you heard it first here back in 2003.

All the confusion about the new "NSX" is because details are leaking about several sports cars in Honda's lineup, and not just about one like most journalists think there going to be.

Having seen the HSC in person, it could have taken a V-10 easily. In fact that rear section was so HUGE and chunky that honda could have made it a hybrid or stuck a jet-engine into the HSC no worries...

Back