• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What is all the hype about Lambos & Ferraris?

Just wondering what all the hype is about Lambos and Ferraris? Where I live, these cars are always in the shops or have hugely expensive costs peeking around the corner! I have had a few issues with my 91 NSX and thankfully they have not been expensive at all:redface: However, the same cannot be said for the guys who own the Lambos and the Ferraris. I was speaking with one of these guys at the time when my NSX was having a major engine issue! This guy had a similar issue with his Murcialego...my problem was solved by a tune-up and a valve adjustment...his was solved by dropping $7,000 dollars!:eek: - and his car had 25,000 km on it...and out of warranty for that issue:eek: Maybe its me...but I do see Lambos and Ferraris around a great deal...and though they are beautiful to look at and hear - they do not overshadow the NSX to any great degree. The NSX is in the same realm as these cars - she is a thoroughbred - and that does make her a delicate machine whose breakages can be catastrophic...but from my experiences...these breakages are less impactful on the pocketbook -Thank God!

Dam:cool:

Beautiful women are a pain the ass also, but that doesn't stop most guys from chasing them their whole lives. :wink:

Beautiful women are a pain the ass also, but that doesn't stop most guys from chasing them their whole lives. :wink:

wow ... so true .. wow .. anyways ... yeah I have a friend that Owns a Shop, a body shop, and they bought a slightly damaged Murcielago, front and rear bumpers broken ,, pretty bad visually but nothing major @ all, just body panels .. anyways .. they were going to order the front bumper from lamborghini but it was 18K alone just for the part nevermind shipping etc etc .. just for the front bumper ... 18k? .... you can buy a 30k miles 04 S2000 with that kind of money ,,, amazing .....

Oscar

1) You're right, labor and parts.. as exotic as they may be on the Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc... is outrageous. I can see why they may be somewhat more expensive, but not an order of magnitude.

2) This is simply my opinion, as as much as I adore the NSX, it is *not* the driving experience of a Ferrari or Lambo. In some ways it's better, but drive a Ferrari or Lamborghini (I've driven plenty of them) and you'll see. Aside from the impressive performance envelope that modern (2000+) Ferraris and Lamborghinis offer, there's something a little savage....raw... exotic... nutty... crazy... manly about them that you don't get with an NSX or newer model 911. So they're a unique driving experience. Must be an Italian thing?

3) Many people buy these cars for the name. The NSX looks sexy. Get's lots of comments. Is even a status symbol to some. But it's no Ferrari/Lambo to the general public - many people don't even know what an NSX is. If you're looking to roll down the boulevard and turn heads, an F430 or Murc will do it better (unless you're in a town full of F430's and Murc's like Greenwich CT :) ).

totally agree with Frank ... just put your speakers loud and give 13 seconds on this video LOLOLOL

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LtgwXachijg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LtgwXachijg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

... and that is the baby gallardo ....
OScar

It's very simple to me...just replace 'Lambo & Ferraris' in this thread title with 'NSXs' and imagine it posted in a Civic, S2K, WRX, Vette, etc. forum. It is just a different (lifestyle and economic) level. What some NSX owners may consider as hugely expensive costs for a Lambo/Ferrari repair or maintenance, a Lambo/Ferrari owner may not. I think it is all relative to income level and lifestyle. The same applies to what a Civic/Vette, etc. owner may think about the NSX. If I were on the Lambo/Ferrari level, I would definitely have one!

totally agree with Frank ... just put your speakers loud and give 13 seconds on this video LOLOLOL
... and that is the baby gallardo ....
OScar

Its just a Gallardo ... there is no senior.

As far as the hype with Lambo and Ferrari ....well take a ride in one around town and you will see what the hype is. Yes The Nsx I get a few compliments here and there and the fan boys love it but pull up in a real Lambo( One with Verticle Doors) or Ferrari and watch people break there necks to get a look. Yes they cost more to fix but if you can afford to buy the car im sure you can afford to maintain one as well.

Last edited:
OK ... next time I am in NY i'll give you a call hahah
-nice POV from a person that experiences that, thanks
Oscar

Wow, a Mucri. with 25k. At least he drives it. But I have to agree that such beautifully designed engines that are'nt very dependable.:confused:

wow ... so true .. wow .. anyways ... yeah I have a friend that Owns a Shop, a body shop, and they bought a slightly damaged Murcielago, front and rear bumpers broken ,, pretty bad visually but nothing major @ all, just body panels .. anyways .. they were going to order the front bumper from lamborghini but it was 18K alone just for the part nevermind shipping etc etc .. just for the front bumper ... 18k? .... you can buy a 30k miles 04 S2000 with that kind of money ,,, amazing .....

Oscar

yes it is amazing that people have wealth beyond your widest dreams.

these cars are not targeted towards the nsx owners.

its a big leap between an nsx and a ferrari/lambo in terms of status and opulence. Mechanically its a different story.

Dont have 18K to replace a bumper? This car is not for you. No one put a gun to your friends head to buy a car that he can not afford.

nsx is a bargain priced super car targeted at the value minded segment of car buyers.

lambo and ferrari could care less about owners with a net worth of less then a couple of million. there are more then enough people with high net worth willing to put down the change to be come an ferrari/lambo owner.

who wouldn't want to own one in their life time? :smile:

people definitely get looked at differently driving a Ferrari. I look at a Ferrari owner differently ... my first thought is .... "SOB:mad: .................. nice car.:frown:"

there is the underlying respect that they have done well in life.

Last edited:
Just wondering what all the hype is about Lambos and Ferraris? Where I live, these cars are always in the shops or have hugely expensive costs peeking around the corner! I have had a few issues with my 91 NSX and thankfully they have not been expensive at all:redface: However, the same cannot be said for the guys who own the Lambos and the Ferraris. I was speaking with one of these guys at the time when my NSX was having a major engine issue! This guy had a similar issue with his Murcialego...my problem was solved by a tune-up and a valve adjustment...his was solved by dropping $7,000 dollars!:eek: - and his car had 25,000 km on it...and out of warranty for that issue:eek: Maybe its me...but I do see Lambos and Ferraris around a great deal...and though they are beautiful to look at and hear - they do not overshadow the NSX to any great degree. The NSX is in the same realm as these cars - she is a thoroughbred - and that does make her a delicate machine whose breakages can be catastrophic...but from my experiences...these breakages are less impactful on the pocketbook -Thank God!

Dam:cool:

Go drive either and then come back and post in this thread again. ;)

The big deal is they are awesome. Granted, anyone with enough money and available performance parts can make any sports car ridiculously fast. The difference to me is prestige. For the fortunate few that can truly afford an exotic car like a Ferrari, $7k for repairs should not be something to worry about since the car costs as much as median priced house.

i love my 2 nsx's. however i have also had the opportunity to go for a ride in a ferrari enzo and have driven several other ferrari's including a 360 challenge and f430. the bottom line is as posted above, the ferraris, particularly the enzo and 360 challenge are really on a completely different scale. The exhaust note in the garage of the idling enzo will send little kids and women running for cover. We then took the enzo out in competion mode took it for a nice drive. the soung at full throttle of the v12 and the shifts had the violence of a gun shot explosion. while the shapes and craftmanship of cf dash doors etc are beyond belief. i will never forget this experience for the rest of my life!!! the 360 challenge is that same experience just to a lessor degree. again i love the nsx, but you have to be honest about the greatness of the modern exotic car.

I have a different point of view. First off, it has nothing to do with money. Talking about the maintenance is irrelevent to what the car is all about. The NSX was designed on a different level then ferrari or lamborghini. It was designed to be 20 years ahead of it's time. When you watch super gt, and the powerbands of all the cars are nearly the same, the NSX beats even the mighty mclaren F1 (an amazing car). Fact is, it's more fun to put $50,000 into a $500 car, then $500 dollars into a $50,000 car! Modern supercars have only a couple of areas where they're nicer. More power, better guages , higher quality materials in the interior, and higher exclusivity. If you put a few hundred grand into your NSX, it would be a far nicer supercar then almost anything out there. You can modify & custom tailer it to sound, behave, and feel like anything you want. Furthermore, when Honda released it, the NSX was the most expensive vehicle ever offered by the Japanese. People payed $35,000 over sticker to be the first to own them. They beat lighter cars with more power, and had a fit and finish superior to any other supercar of it's day. The japanese don't know how to build a sloppy car! There is a laser surgical precision to the NSX, and it has a very sharp look about it. Also, if the parts you use are expensive & rare enough, you better believe it's a high cost of maintenence! Get an NSX with some trouble, and you'd probably be shocked at the no longer as reasonable maintenence cost. Priced an oem wiring harness or motor recently? It can easily get way out of hand (if that makes any shallow people feel better). I've personally taken the upgrade approach, and not because I can't afford a supercar. I wanted a lamborghini until I could afford one. After really giving it a chance, I wasn't blown away! I was talking to my friend about buying a Zonda F. I'd been seriously looking into importing one. He said "it's nice but it's no NSX". His opinion was, if someone put that kind of money into an NSX, it would be the ultimate supercar. He was sooo dead on. If you think you get more attention in a Ferrari Enzo, then an NSX with Enzo cash in it, your on some good shit. If you know what your doing, the NSX can steal the shine from most supercars out there! Mine has really big money in it, and you wouldn't believe the way people act around this thing. Tops pop & panties drop! Cammera phones, swervin cars, pedestrians flagging you down. Guys across the intersection screaming "wanna trade", "holy shit I want one", etc. I currently have more modifications then any NSX I've ever heard of. I spared no expense in it's R&D, and the parts and tuning are second to none! One drive, and you know it has no other supercar peers! It's still to this day in a class of it's own!!!!!! Even if you leave it stock!

I....... I currently have more modifications then any NSX I've ever heard of. I spared no expense in it's R&D, and the parts and tuning are second to none! One drive, and you know it has no other supercar peers!......

Will you share pics? you sound like you own an amazing NSX ,,, please share ..

OScar

I just hope is not this
attachment.php

OScar

or this:
344477073_MMi2t-M.jpg

"What is all the hype about Lambos & Ferraris"
Who said there was any "hype"? a car is a car period, none perfect, all have issues of some kind or another.....

lol i only know of 2 owners in palmdale.

if your one of the two i know about, your car is not very fast.

is there room for a third in that little town? :biggrin:

do you even have an nsx?

Back