• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What is on your winter DIY list?

For those of us that put our cars away for the winter, what are your DIY plans?

Nothing big for me, these are the items on my list:

-re-paint wiper arms
-paint calipers - need to order a G2 kit from SOS
-install my HIDs from Steve
-bolt on my front chassis bar
-install new Shine GT front lip as I destroyed mine
-repair aspirator fan, it is driving me nuts!

If you're going to have the console off to get to the fan, you might want to pull the CCU and send it to BrianK while you have it apart. Debating if I want to mess with it or not on mine.

-Install Downforce front under tray.
-Install Type R bar front lower.
-Install SOS swaybars.
-Install S4Play's LED Drl's.
-Install BBK when it arrives.
-Install STMPO Engine Mounts when the 3rd one arrives.
-Install S2000 Antenna.

Do a major detail on the chassis.
Shop for more parts.

In Canada the winter lasts so long that we have plenty of time to work on our cars waiting for spring.

Merry Xmas to all and a Happy New Year.

The usual. Wash, claybar, polish, wax. Wipe down suspension and underneath car. Detail interior, apply shin -etsu grease to all weatherstrips, and of course stare at it for a long time. Hey, only 4 1/2 months to go.
Gotta love winter.:smile:

For my '92...

- Swap out driver's seat covers with like new pieces from a low mileage car.

- R&R the climate control board, send to Brian K.

- R&R wheels (later 7-spokes), refinish, replace front tires.

- Finally install the higher-wattage headlight bulbs and ceramic connectors that have been on the shelf since May :>

- Get the valves adjusted.

- Repaint the front lower valance and replace the lip (again). Maybe an aftermarket lip? Maybe paint the roof body color (red)?

- If I get the time and cash, a set of Bilsteins set on the lower position, and a full alignment.

New Ron Davis Radiator
New KW's Suspension
Turbo Rebuilt with Ported Shroud
Relocate Accusump and Laminova
Move Turbo up into the trunk
Switch to Nitto NT-01's. 275x35x18 & 315x30x18

mental-notes into Prime-record, ha!

Penning down the to-do list here more-so for my own sake (so I don't forget it)...

- refinish windshield-wiper arms in satin-black; replace old wiper-blades w/ new wiper-blades

- change motor-oil (synthetic 5w30) & motor-oil filter (Nappa blue tall-filter)

- clean/re-oil Uni air-element foam-filter; clean King-Motorsport big-bore throttle-body & MAF/etc sensor

- change transmission-fluid (need a $pecialized fluid due to OS-Giken LSD, not decided which one to go w/ this time)

- inspect brake-pads on 4-corners & replace accordingly (have some Cobalt-Friction XR-series pads)

- apply appropriate grease/spray to rubber & plastic weather seals, gaskets, trim, fittings, etc.

- re-bleed the hydraulic clutch system to firm-up pedal (in past year, replaced soft clutch-line & did clutch-dampener delete-line; re-bleed performed was so-so)

- refinish brake-caliper surfaces (clean w/ wire-brush, apply high-temp "fire-orange" or "anodize-gun'metal" engine paint)

- repair 1.5" seam-tear in passenger-seat thigh-cushion

- add resin/urethane gutter-guard mesh to side-intakes, front bumper A/C condenser & radiator openings (keep out gravel/gravel/leaves/feathers/fur)

- repair/refinish Yokohama Advan AVS Model 5 (17/17) wheels & mount new Bridgestone Potenza RE050A Pole Position (currently using 17/18 Rays Engineering Volk SE37k (17/18) wheels w/ Bridgestone Potenza RE050A Pole Position)

- readjust Tein-RA coilovers dampening and/or corner-balance

- diagnose/repair newly discovered no-sound issue from passenger door-speaker (loose/disconnected wire? footwell sub/amp problem?); all speaker/sub amps have been previously rebuilt a few years ago

- source a JDM NSX Type-S Zero Momo "Zagato" steering-wheel, install after-market low-profile or OEM NSX-R steering-wheel hub & after-market quick-release

- source & install B'pillar-only harness-bar (already have Dali-Racing harness-bar which reduces how far back seat can be moved)

- install NSX-Clear clear front-fender side-markers or Clear-Corners "clear" LED front-fender side-markers (have sets of both); swap-in high-powered white LED bulbs for front-bumper combo-lights, license-plate lights, taillight reverse-lights, door courtesy lights, driver's footwell light, dome light, trunk light

- update center-taillight w/ '02+ Acura caliper emblem

- swap-in genuine Mugen '92-'94 NSX-R ECU-chip (install zif-socket)

- hope for iOS "video-mirroring" to be possible w/ (non-jailbroken) iPhone 4/4S, which will allow home-screen, app's, navigation, txt-phone keypad activity to display on my (currently unmounted) Pioneer AVIC F500BT & JDM NSX nav. pod through Pioneer-iPhone cable, all connecting to the OEM head-unit via my USA-Spec aux. input converter

- need-to-list-and-sell: Dali-Racing harness-bar, (2) pairs of camlock harnesses (Schroth black/gold pair & Simpson red/silver pair), harness/belt pads, OEM trunk-mat, OEM black wheel-locks, Clear-Corners rear-fender "clear" LED side-markers, driver-door shell (New Formula Red, <6" hairline crease), OEM tow-hook cover (Formula Red), OEM '02+ trunklid sub-spoiler (unpainted), OEM NSX service & body/technical repair manuals & supplements from various years, original owner's display technical-book (all-black hardback w/ aluminum NSX emblem, in Acura-addressed mailing/storage box w/ personalized Acura embossed/parchment letter), OEM Acura cd-changer & mounting-bracket, and moarrr

- [reserved for what I've forgotten...]

full clean up of carpets and mats
shin-etsu weatherstripping
battery terminal protection grease and felt washers to prevent corrosion
lube locks....

and still drive it-it was 65 the other day ,took the roof off

Last edited:
just a mod' to mod'...

osiris_x11 said:
- swap-in genuine Mugen '92-'94 NSX-R ECU-chip (install zif-socket)

What will this do exactly?
I got it when I was in the U.K. via Deiter of Procar on NSXCB, it's basically the original ECU-chip on the '92-'94 JDM NSX-R that was duplicated by various vendors/tuners & then sold in the U.S. It merely raises the redline to ~8,400 rpm's & perhaps changes the A/F to a slightly more aggressive tune. The JDM '92-'94 NSX-R had a power-rating of 280ps, whereas the USDM & JDM non-R versions were 270ps. I don't expect much, other than raised redline & more responsive throttle; perhaps this ECU-chip may further enhance my I/H/E & BBTB by adding a handful of rwhp's & ft-lbs.! :redface:

Last edited:
Replace windshield
Reinstall side skirts
Update nsxr trays
Nsxr sway bars
Install comptech wing
Color sand and buff entire car
Install new wheels
Order matching rear trunk nsxr carpet
Re mount vrh suspension system
Update valve covers
Install new clutch
Spring season turbo kit if car is still in possession (not sold)
Valentine one hard wire
Order sos stealth front license plate kit
Carbon oem battery tray
Carbon radiator stays
Huga buga window fix
Fabricate engine carbon tower brace
Fabricate oem fitting carbon fender liners

List goes on.

-Coolant Flush
-Oil change(Duh)
-Tranny flush
-Order/replace my front lip
-Detail engine
-Detail interior
-Valve adjustments(not doing that myself)

- replace/repair damaged interior pieces
- Install NSX-R shift boot
- Install NSX Type S shift stalk
- Install SOS short shifter kit
- Install Civic Type-R 5 speed shifter ball
- Repaint trim panels to flat black (NA1-R style)
- Repair sub amp
- Properly mount previously install aftermarket speakers and amps to doors
- Replace Main Relay
- Replace bent protective bar in underbody
- Clean battery mounting tray
- Finish cleaning underbody and wheel wells

If you're going to have the console off to get to the fan, you might want to pull the CCU and send it to BrianK while you have it apart. Debating if I want to mess with it or not on mine.

Hi,
Can you please message me thus Brian guys contact info? If Luke to send him my ac module as it only blows on high :/. Also I took my asperator fan out due to the annoying noise and though it was kinda useless anyhow... What purpose does it serve? Do you recommend me send it to Brian as well and get it repaired then put back in or is it ok to not even have it?
Thanks!
Marcus

Back