• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What is there to do in Brisby (sp) Arizona??

What is there to do in Brisbee Arizona??

Where the heck is Brisbee, AZ? Personally, I've never heard of the place :confused:, but the family wants to go there for a weekend. What is there to do in the middle of January? What is the weather like at this time? Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Last edited:
Bisbee is an old mining town with a rich history, and at one time was one of the largest towns in the old west. Now it remains a tourist destination with old buildings, hotels and the like. But the most interesting part for me was the mine tour which actually takes you deep underground on a train, showing you what actually went on during the day. An old miner conducted the tour I was on and it was great. I don't know too much more about Bisbee, but if you are thinking of going, keep in mind that Tombstone is an equally popular tourist destination along the way and Kartchner Caverns which is an internationally renowned destination is not far either. All three destinations are roughly an hour or so from Tucson and easily accessible.
Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info. Looks like there will be a bit more added to the itinerary.

Any restaurant recommendations?

There is a vintage trailer park, Shady Dell Trailer Park, in Bisbee where all of the trailers are old refurbished Airstreams and the like. You can make reservations to stay in them, like a hotel. I have never seen them but my girlfriend says it’s a blast if you are in to something like that. Here’s some info:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/travel/index/stories/tunney07111999.htm

There is also the Copper Queen Hotel that is supposedly haunted. Have fun.

I lived in Tucson in the 70's and 80's and visited Bisbee many times. It's one of the truly great Western towns in America. If you have ever been of fan of cowboy movies, this is as close as it comes to the real deal these days. Tombstone is also great but has a more "tourist" feal to it. But it's also a place that you HAVE to see if you're that close. Go to the gunfight at the OK coral - worth every penny.

I don't think any place in the West can give you the spirit of the Old West like southern Arizona. And - at least when I was there - the roads are smooth and clear.

Have fun!

t

Restaurant in Bisbee, AZ

Cafe Roka is a very good restaurant in Bisbee. Be sure and make a reservation.

The tour of the copper mine is also interesting and fun.

Back