• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What is this "It's time for Generation RSX" mailing from Acura?

PG

Registered Member
I got this email from Acura, with a link to a half-finished URL ...

http://www.acura.com/2002AcuraRSX

There isn't any actual information that I can find. What is an RSX? The few photos they have of it make me wonder if some Acura designer didn't bump his head and start dreaming of VW Beetles. Eeeeeew.

That's the Integra replacement (from which the car's styling is clearly evolved). And with 200 hp in a 2600-pound car, this definitely isn't a Beetle (a.k.a. "chick's car").

Also, I'm not sure why you're critical of their website. It's a typical marketing website, and (as such) contains more information about the car than Acura's current print ads for the NSX.

That's the Integra replacement (from which the car's styling is clearly evolved). And with 200 hp in a 2600-pound car, this definitely isn't a Beetle (a.k.a. "chick's car").

Oh, thanks. I wasn't familiar enough with the Integra to make the connection. It's just a bit bubbly for me.

Also, I'm not sure why you're critical of their website. It's a typical marketing website, and (as such) contains more information about the car than Acura's current print ads for the NSX.

I was critical because when I visited the page, all I got were two sketches, three photos, and a bunch of "this space empty 'til May 2001" junk.

I just figured that if they were going to take the time to email me, they'd take the time to finish the web page.

Looks like Acura made the Integra look like a Paseo with a high cowl. Ugh. I guess this is just another excuse to finally get an NSX.

Steve
<a Href="http://www.mp3.com/fuzzygreen">The Fuzzy Green Carpets</a>

Originally posted by nsxtasy:

HEY...I have a 1998 Beetle, and I'm not a "chick". :)

Andie

Back