• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

what is this washer looking thingy

what is this thing and should it just be floating on the shock rod like this?

F2AD3FEF-66A8-439C-94FA-D938CF805B70-6732-000004E8C08E9915_zps89998fe7.jpg

I believe its the plastic washer that keep dust from getting in the shock rod seals. I install suspension all the time and that's the only thing I can see what its there for. Dave, You sure post a lot about this and that. I would think you would know all this kind of stuff already. LOL :tongue:

I believe its the plastic washer that keep dust from getting in the shock rod seals. I install suspension all the time and that's the only thing I can see what its there for. Dave, You sure post a lot about this and that. I would think you would know all this kind of stuff already. LOL :tongue:

If I didn't then I wouldn't learn. I have amassed a vast amount of knowledge about this car over the past 7 years.

Well that sucks about the washer I guess I have to remove that damper and get it back in somehow or replace it. Not sure what it would just fall out. And everything is oily because an oil filter blew up on me after an oil change (car was on the lift) and oil went everywhere. I have a lot of cleaning to do.

Last edited:
You are fine. Leave it alone. No need to take off the damper off or worry about it falling out. It suppose to be a bit loose so it the rod can move up and down with out it being stuck.

Back