• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What is your street settings for KW V3 ?

What is your street settings for KW V3 ? I would like to set it a little softer for better comfort, but I have yet find the optimum settings yet...

KW's recommended settings are:

Front Rebound: 9 clicks from full stiff
Front Compression: 2-clicks/sweeps from full stiff

Rear Rebound: 7 clicks from full stiff
Rear Compression: 4-clicks/sweeps from full stiff

KW V3 Setup Manual
KW V3 Installation Instructions

Last edited:
Last edited:
Yes I am aware of that thread, and I have posted there before as well. But what I am asking hasn't been discussed much.

What I am asking is what settings are current KW V3 users using for their daily street driving? A setting that is more comfortable for street.

Oh, sorry. I thought you didn't know where to set them as a baseline to start from.

If your current settings are too hard for your driving preference, then soften it. Why do you need to know what others are running if your goal is comfort? Just adjust until the ride suits you.

J

Those street settings are fine, but if you have a thicker/firmer rear swaybar go back to your original one that seems to help as well with the 'tightness'

What is your street settings for KW V3 ? I would like to set it a little softer for better comfort, but I have yet find the optimum settings yet...

KW's recommended settings are:

Front Rebound: 9 clicks from full stiff
Front Compression: 2-clicks/sweeps from full stiff

Rear Rebound: 7 clicks from full stiff
Rear Compression: 4-clicks/sweeps from full stiff

KW V3 Setup Manual
KW V3 Installation Instructions
I've also set mine for maximum comfort and went with this:

Front Rebound: 8 clicks from full stiff
Front Compression: 8-clicks/sweeps from full stiff

Rear Rebound: 8 clicks from full stiff
Rear Compression: 7-clicks/sweeps from full stiff

The German Autobahn needed more rebound (like 4 clicks from full stiff).

I've started with 9 clicks rebound both and softest compression and stiffened up the compression to the maximum tolerated lift of the front/rear over positive bumps. Once I've found the compression the rebound settings were evaluated. Up to 80 mph the softer rebound was really nice and comfortable. Going faster or sportier 5-6 click rebound was used. I ended up adjusting rebound only as compression is not that easy to adjust.

Oh, sorry. I thought you didn't know where to set them as a baseline to start from.

If your current settings are too hard for your driving preference, then soften it. Why do you need to know what others are running if your goal is comfort? Just adjust until the ride suits you.

J

No worries:wink:

The reason I want to know what other is running is because the Compression setting dial is very hard to get to. I would like to get within the ballpark with less tries.

Planning to reduce about 30% of the stiffness all around

Front Rebound: 9 clicks from full stiff (50% from full soft) > 14 clicks from full stiff (22% from full soft)
Front Compression: 2 clicks from full stiff (80% from full soft) > 5 clicks from full stiff (50% from full soft)

Rear Rebound: 7 clicks from full stiff (61% from full soft) > 12 clicks from full stiff (33% from full soft)
Rear Compression: 4 clicks from full stiff (60% from full soft) > 7 clicks from full stiff (30% from full soft)

Last edited:
Back