• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What makes a car,"exotic?"

Originally posted by cojones:
Kinda like (some) Zanardi owners who explain that they are 1 of 50, but they kinda look like most "common" red NSXs out there.

Did someone just mentioned me in his reply to this post?? Hey cojones, take it easy on us, will ya?! At least we Zanardi owners get a nice numbered brushed aluminum plaque signed by poor poor *ALEX* on the rear bulkhead panel (whoa, how *exotic*!
rolleyes.gif
). We Z owners are still the rarest among the already rare community, so there!! *singing* You caan't beat me, nany nany nya nya!
tongue.gif

rolleyes.gif

Can someone gag me with a pitchfork please??
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Zanardi 50 (edited 24 July 2002).]

But seriously though, I wished we Z owners get a wee bit more than just the fancy-looking plaque, JDM type S suspensions, the nice cool looking Type-S exclusive BBS Wheels (hey don't pick on me, I've grown to actually love the looks of it!
tongue.gif
), and other insignificant gimmicks that doesn't contribute to increase in performance. It would've been nicer if we get the actual S-zero C32B motor that are reputed to put out more than 290HP (like 320?) AND more weight reduction than just ~50 lbs. from a non-power steering pre'97 coupe. I mean how else can one explain the 4.5 sec. 0-60mph and 12.4~12.8 sec. on the 1/4 mile, right?

[This message has been edited by Zanardi 50 (edited 24 July 2002).]

Originally posted by Zanardi 50:
It would've been nicer if we get the actual S-zero C32B motor that are reputed to put out more than 290HP (like 320?)

Have any of those cars been Dynoed? I am surprised that BMI has not dyno'd each NSX they test. (Maybe they do??) I would be interested to know if the S-Zero does make more power.

------------------
1993 White NSX, 70K miles and running STRONG!

Originally posted by whs520:
Hi,

nsx_911a.jpg

nsx_911b.jpg

Funny, looking at these pictures, the first thing that grabbed my eye is the Porsche. Maybe because it's yellow. But honestly, as beautiful as it is, the NSX is showing its age in this picture. I'd still take it over the 911, though.

Originally posted by Joel:
the NSX is showing its age in this picture.

I think the NSX will always be a beautiful classic.

I also think that 911 (even in yellow) looks just like the 911 that was around 30 years ago. Talk about showing its age...

Funny, looking at these pictures, the first thing that grabbed my eye is the Porsche. Maybe because it's yellow. But honestly, as beautiful as it is, the NSX is showing its age in this picture. I'd still take it over the 911, though.

The NSX is showing its age? How old is the 911 design????!!!!!!

Joel,

It may have caught your eye since "we" see/sit/drive in the NSX all the time. I think our eye is often drawn to that which we do not own. I think the color contract of the picture didn't help the NSX much either. I personally love and will continue to love the lines of the NSX.

Kevin

You're kidding, right?
confused.gif

------------------
'91 Black/Black

Originally posted by flaminio:
Any car that I see five or more in a daily commute is not exotic. This automatically rules out stuff like 911s and Vettes.

-Bob

Make that more than ONE and I would agree with you.

------------------
'91 Black/Black

I'll buy that, Khiroshima.
The picture of the NSX isn't 100% flattering. Also if it were red, it would be a different story because that's my preference.

Don't get me wrong everyone. I still love the looks of the NSX (actually I prefer the old look with the pop-up headlights rather than the new 2002 look).

Remember, I said I'd still take it over the 911 anyday. It's rare to see a "sexy" looking car like the Acura nowadays when everyone is going for the bulky, egg-shaped look (hence the 911 and even the newcomer 350Z. Actually, I think Porsches resemble more of a turtle than anything). But that's the design trend right now, I guess.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Joel (edited 24 July 2002).]

Back