• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What makes NSX an Exotic?

I've never seen a Gallardo on the road, but I've seen my share of NSXs, and raced more than a few. I'd like to race a Gallardo, despite I will surely have my ass handed to me.

By far, the coolest cars I have ever raced, and will probably ever race, were a Ferrari F40 and a Lamborghini Diablo.

What Makes the NSX exotic is..

Rarity
Build Quality
Advanced Engineering
Titanium Connecting Rods
Aluminum Chassis
Forged Pistons
F1 like Driving Position
Mid Engine Layout
Super car Styling
Price (gotta pay for all the prior)

Thats what Supra's, Vettes, Rx7's, Evo's, Sti's, Don't have.:wink:

And last but not least...
Its Fast Enough
And handles like it on rails
The Only Reliable exotic ever built till this day.

NSX falls short of an exotic in my book. Just not enough hp. It looks cool though.

So then a Ferrari F360, F355, F348, 328, 308, 200i, Mondial, Testarossa, Lotus Esprit, Lotus Esprit S4 -- those all must not be exotic either.

BTW, the most recent NSXs will meet or beat every car on that list in pretty much every performance category. F360 is slightly better, but not much.

IMO most people who dont think the nsx is a supercar/exotic are biased on the fact that it is a "honda" therefore it couldnt possibly be exotic/supercar right? its a Honda! (i've had this arguement with many many domestic loving car owners) Dosent matter who makes it, its how its made.

Exotic to me is a simple classification
Rarity
Uniqueness
Price
Styling

And the B4C camaro arguement, it may be rare, but its still a camaro. NSX, is an NSX. A Ferrari is a Ferrari. NSX were "kind of" mass - produced, but at only 12,000 (7000 of which were ever brought into the US) something ever produced in 15 years, its still a low number.

Rare
Rapid
Refined
Reliable
Reasonably priced
Retail support in every city
and...
REALLY good air conditioning!

Try to find all seven R's in any other sports car...I dare you :smile:

Philippe

Wow, I am impressed with the different opinions about exotic. I have concluded and told my wife that she drives an exotic. For those of you that have debated the corvette as possibly exotic. I drive one. It is a 1967 427 stingray, 4sp, 4brrl, 390 horse, 100% original, bought by my mother in 1967 for $5267.43. I took ownership after they lost the ability to drive it safely. This car is what I have concluded as unique by the above definitions. I see more mid 60's corvettes than NSX's. Maybe a better word for the muscle car is a classic.
Thanks
Fowler

Wow, thas awsome!! Is it in prestine condition? take some pics and post it.
i like that car. if i had money to buy a 2nd car to collect from da oldies, it would be a stingray with 427.

I just relocated the car to our new location where we have better conditions for it to live. Dry, heated, car lifts being installed. My wife calls it the MANHUT. Either way it is a place for me to enjoy the fruits of my labor. I will have pics soon. If you like old school cars. check out the PacNw thread that says cool cars we miss. I have another car posted there.

"Its like a Ferrari, but engineered by people who actually went to college."

eclipsed sig sais it all, its just too dam reliable:tongue: and a little shy on the hp side you would expect it to have looking at its super car body, there is just something special about the nsx,look at it from 20 feet away, that is no ordinary car! especialy the 2002-2005 bodys, the 91+ body style still looks kind of exotic but more classy classic style.

handling, rarity,

mustangs and corvettes are way to bland, look at the personality of the nsx when you look at it, sure you can put a paper bag over the corvettes head and bone it, but you will be drooling uncontrolibly before you even touch the nsx:tongue: :tongue: :biggrin:

Back