• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What makes the NSX a timeless design?

Anyone know why the NSX never seems to "age"? It just seems like when I see pics of the NSX with other exotics, it always seems up to date. I really can't say that for other exotics. Now, I have to admit that the interior does show its age, but the exterior just seems to always look refreshed, especially compared to other vehicles of its time.

Simple and clean design aesthetics. The NSX doesn't have any overly done or exaggerated body panels like many Italian exotics have. As a result, the NSX has a less striking/radical appearance. The more conservative design of the NSX ages better than radical designs that might look nice at the time, but look horribly dated in the future.

What makes the NSX a timeless design?

The same thing that makes a Shelby GT350 look good 40 years later.
The same thing that makes a 1960's Ford GT continue to look wicked.
The same thing that makes a 1960's Ford Cobra one of the most copied cars.

What that 'thing' is? Don't know, but it has it.

i dunno, maybe it's the fact that they didn't change the body style for it's entire 15 year run, the rarity of them, the timeless design itself???
But every time I answer the question "what year is she" peoples eyes bug out:eek:

:cool:

Hehe....Timeless!!! :biggrin:

9017936_348.ts1173482213980.jpg

is there something you wanna tell us?
lol, trust me, I'd much rather have it attract Shakira, :biggrin: but unfortunately that's not the case. :rolleyes: I don't want to count the number of times I've been followed by Civics and Cavaliers... fortunately they're not hard to lose :wink:

Ok, how about a show of hands for mandatory sex offender registry checks before mailing out NSXCA membership cards. :biggrin:

Dude your user name is "john".... at "microsoft"... frankly I am wondering about you too... :biggrin:

Dude your user name is "john".... at "microsoft"... frankly I am wondering about you too... :biggrin:

dooh:redface:
ut oh...I see this thread turning into the "Vetron pic" thread all the sudden:tongue:

That's ok, you wouldn't be the first. However I'm certain to be happily married in due time, I just need to make sure I get it in writing that it won't impact my wrench time or track schedule. I can't be the only one that has stood at the jewlery counter comparing diamond rings to piston rings. :biggrin:

Hey John if youre like the rest of the guys that ditch their nsx after marriage or a baby on the way then I call dibbs on your route-ks widebody kit.... HaHa JK!!! I know theres no way in hell youll ever do that huh??? :cool:

I don't know about timeless... Pop head lights, Sci-Fi exhaust tips, Giganitc real bumper with break lights as long as the Great Wall of China.:biggrin:

Rumor has that Ferrari 308 is also a timeless design...:biggrin:

All jokes aside, I think the car is very well shapped, and the structural deisign was a decade ahead of it's time. Even though it is slightly under powered, it is still a world class performer. AND, it was one of the longest production exotic EVER!!!

Nah, it just look so damn good. I love it. 02 Spec with the R treament brought out the best of it.

Anyone know why the NSX never seems to "age"? It just seems like when I see pics of the NSX with other exotics, it always seems up to date. I really can't say that for other exotics. Now, I have to admit that the interior does show its age, but the exterior just seems to always look refreshed, especially compared to other vehicles of its time.

Agree! The styling is one of the a primary reasons I became fascinated with the car. Now, as a proud new owner I'm gazing around the inside quite frequently! I will say that possibly the interior is a bit simple compared to some newer high-end luxury vehicles - but overall the NSX interior is also quite "in line" and stylish for a car of its type .

It's pretty obvious when you look at the interiors of Ferrari's during the 90's (and even later) to recognize that the interior design of NSX's are really quite stylish! Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking Ferrari - but there is always something about those Ferrari interiors that have a "look" straight out of the 70's or something. Blocky, squarish interior lines - throwback looking shift assemblies, etc. We have it pretty good guys!

You know he has a point. If a car were able to attract teenage boys over decades that car would be timeless.

I totally agree with Psychobiology the "simple and clean design aesthetics" of this car makes NSX timeless of it's time. The stock line are not "overly done or exagerated body panels" makes it unique.

I love how the stock look of NSX, a simple wheels upgrage it's all you have to do to keep up with the rest of the exotics.

I've often wondered this as well. Just looking at the car from a standstill, it screams 'balance' out to me. No huge, long hood with a V8 stuffed up front. The cabin really does look like a cockpit, and it's right in the center of the car with the engine. The long tail completes it.

maybe it's the fact that they didn't change the body style for it's entire 15 year run

I agree with that. If the NSX were to get a restyle every 3 to 4 years, like all the other Japanese cars, we probably won't be having this conversation.

Like most of us agree hear, the interior and exterior styling of the NSX was very advance for an early 90's car. I never get tired of looking at the car and driving it because there is nothing unnecessary in the car. No fluff!

Last edited:
Back