• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What parts i need and how much? auto to manual 92' nsx...

I want to know what parts i need or if any person selling parts from a 92' nsx automatic to manual. pLease let me know becasue im reallly interested to change form auto to manual...or any comments let me know...

thank you...

reply or send an email

[email protected]

:confused:

Are you sure you want to do that?

Welcome!

Are you sure you want to do that? Since you may not be aware, I just wanted to point out: Besides having to worry about the tranmission, the engine that comes with auto NSXs is different than manual NSX engines. So even if you converted the transmission, the car would perform differently than a factory manual (unless you also convert/replace the engine).

Last edited:
You will be better off trading it in for a manual. It will be cheaper and will have less potential problems than a conversion.

Deja vu. My advise as an automatic owner is to learn to love your NSX as an automatic or sell it . I opted for the former solution.

I agree entirely with the comments made by others here. It makes a lot more sense for anyone in the "Lower 48" (or Canada) to sell the automatic car and buy a manual one, since there is a readily available market in which to do so.

However, considering that the originator of this topic appears to be in Puerto Rico, the distance factor needs to be considered as well. I don't know what the NSX market is like there; it must be very small, since there are no Acura dealers on the island, and the cost of shipping a car to the mainland to sell and another back to the island might be considerable. So there are additional factors to be considered in determining the best decision for this particular owner's circumstances.

I have converted a 1992 NSX from automatic to 6 speed. You will need :
manual trans pedal set
manual steering rack
2 motor mounts
1 axle
manual trans ecu+traction control computer
manual trans wiring harness
manual trans steering column (optional)
shift cables+shifter assy.
manual trans
clutch+flywheel
clutch master cylinder
clutch slave cylinder
clutch pipe(hard line from front to rear of car)

I think that is everything, although it has been a year since I have done the conversion. All parts will bolt in. All of the necessary holes are already there.
All crossmembers and frame components are the same. It is really not that hard. I used an engine from a manual trans car so I can't speak on what needs to be done to convert it. But I think you need a different engine wire harness and an intake manifold/ throttle off of a manual car. I would guess that these parts will be pretty cheap to get since there is no demand for most of them. Joe at ERZ auto wrecking can probably help you to source all of the parts you need. If you have any questions regarding the conversion you can E-Mail me [email protected]

KANE said:
I have converted a 1992 NSX from automatic to 6 speed.

Hey!

There's barely enough automatics for me to pick from as it is!

:D

Kane, could you give a ballpark figure for the cost of your conversion?

Don't quote me, but probably between $1500 and $2000 not including the trans. I have some of the parts. e mail me if you need more info.

Does anyone know the specific differences in the engine?

I didn't think the engines were any different between the autos and manuals until 1997 :confused:

KANE said:
I have converted a 1992 NSX from automatic to 6 speed. You will need :
manual trans pedal set
manual steering rack
2 motor mounts
1 axle
manual trans ecu+traction control computer
manual trans wiring harness
manual trans steering column (optional)
shift cables+shifter assy.
manual trans
clutch+flywheel
clutch master cylinder
clutch slave cylinder
clutch pipe(hard line from front to rear of car)

I think that is everything, although it has been a year since I have done the conversion. All parts will bolt in. All of the necessary holes are already there.
All crossmembers and frame components are the same. It is really not that hard. I used an engine from a manual trans car so I can't speak on what needs to be done to convert it. But I think you need a different engine wire harness and an intake manifold/ throttle off of a manual car. I would guess that these parts will be pretty cheap to get since there is no demand for most of them. Joe at ERZ auto wrecking can probably help you to source all of the parts you need. If you have any questions regarding the conversion you can E-Mail me [email protected]

Different guage cluster too, no?

I have done the conversion also, and i skipped some of the parts KANE has mentioned.

-Steering Rack
-Wiring Harness
-Steering Column

Parts he left out are;

-The Center Half-Shaft
-Guage Cluster
-Shift Boot & knob
-Transmission Inspection Plate
-Engine Stiffener Brace

Main differences in the Engine itself is the camshafts are different & the valvesprings are also different. The Cams are geared more for midrange torque as opposed to top end horsepower, mainly because of the way the automatic would be driven most of the time. The valve springs are different because the cams dont require as stiff valve springs so the changed them to relieve from of the friction associtated with stiffer springs.

If you need help PM me and i'll get you my cell phone and email address. I took a bunch of pictures of the process and i have put together a partial "How-To" guide.

-Ray

If you dont change the engine, would it be quicker off the line as a manual due to the increased midrange torque?

nsx_pr said:
I want to know what parts i need or if any person selling parts from a 92' nsx automatic to manual. pLease let me know becasue im reallly interested to change form auto to manual...or any comments let me know...

thank you...

reply or send an email

[email protected]

:confused:

One person are using my account in didn't put this post....
my car is not automatic, is manual and other thing my car is 94.

something wrong.

Re: Re: What parts i need and how much? auto to manual 92' nsx...

nsx_pr said:
One person are using my account in didn't put this post....
my car is not automatic, is manual and other thing my car is 94.

something wrong.

you've been HACKED! :p

Back