• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

what size tires 17/18

I am buying a 91 nsx dropped 3" and it's sitting on 18/19's. As much as I like them, Atlanta roads don't.
I am looking at TSWs in a 17 x 8 and 18 x 8 or 9.5 both et40. What is the correct tire size for both of the 3 wheels chosen
From searching forums I have come up with 215-40-17 up front and 275-35-18 rear?
It is setup with billies and I do have an extra set of used Eibachs if its the better setup.
TIA,
Kevin

Last edited:
Which TSW model? I'd suggest you go with the 9.5" for the rear wheel not 8". Front tire: 215/40-17. Rear tire: 265/35-18. A 3" drop is very slammed. You'll be burning through rear tires due to the negative camber. Might want to pick tires you can flip from left to right so you can even out the inside wear. Some tires (eg Falken Azenis RT-615 have a specified inside and outside so you can't flip them that way).

Last edited:
Thanks guys looking at the matte black Mallory 5s or the interlagos. Also the MB Weapons
Yeah 3" is low, I think I will put the eibachs on and call it a day.
Kevin

here is the car it is painted a shade darker than factory, so i thought black would look good.

$_12.JPG

Last edited:
Just finished installing new wheels and tires on my 97.

They were TSW Interlagos Silver 17 x 7.5 front with 45mm offset and 18 x 9.5 rear with a 40 mm offset.

For tires I went with BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW: 215/40ZR17 front and 265/35ZR18 rear

Here's what the setup looks like:

97NSX_whell_pic01.jpg
97NSX_whell_pic02.jpg
97NSX_whell_pic03.jpg
97NSX_whell_pic04.jpg

No suspensions mods. All stock.

Roads around here are just terrible to do any amount of lowering. Especially where I use the car as a daily driver during the summer.

NF

Definitely 18x9.5 in the rear. 18x8 is too narrow for the tire sizes you need. Which are 215/40-17 front, and either 255/35-18 or 265/35-18 (NOT the overwide 275 rear). 255 is a slightly better match for the TCS on the '94-01 NSX, and 265 for the '91-93 NSX, but either size (255 or 265) will work on any year NSX.

nsx thanks for your input

- - - Updated - - -

I asked the owner I am buing my car from what he thought this guy did to get this stance and he though he might have dropped it 4". BTW, the owner has these for sale under parts. I have no affiliation at all.
Love the look, If my et is 40 then how come I can not go wider then 215 same as the rear being et25?
His specs are
Front: 17x8 et 37
Rear: 18x9 et 25
235/40/17 and 275/35/18.
0be4e97a0096ab0b8b8e0ff15919afee_zps45d1d344.jpg

Last edited:
That's my car. I am defnitely NOT 4" lower, or even 3. Maybe 2. I had actually raised the car probably 1/2" at that track event for more clearance. 235 is with fender liners removes and the fender tabs bent back at 2.2 degrees negative camber and a STIFF suspension where the car doesn't lean at all. If you want to keep your fender liners you need to stay with 215/40/17. That's it. If you want to remove liners and move the shrouds there are more options. This was for a track setup. I would not have bothered with a street setup. My street tires are (were, now sold) 215/40/17 and 255/35/18.

Last edited:
TURBO great to know. Love the stance on your car. I think he told me he is at 3" I can change to Eibachs I have to raise it.
Kevin

Why don't you get some adjustable coilovers and set it up to where you want them BC's are like 1000.

Ok cool thanks all new to this car, My background is Bimmers. They are simple to setup..
Kevin

If you can afford it, go with a set of KW's. If you can't, then the BC is apparently decent. Don't make it excessively heavy IMO, 215 front and as others have said, 255 or 265. I am huge on weight to the point of neurosis so I went 255. Those are factory widths for an 05 and as Ken mentioned, the best match for the TCS. Your wheel sizing and offsets are good, there is room to go to 35 or even 30 in the rear, and to 36-37 up front. IN THOSE WIDTHS.

As stated previously this is a weekend and shows type car that will be insured through Grundy.
I will access what I need to do with the suspension and I specialize in custom upholstery so the whole cabin will be redone.
Kevin

Then forget eibachs I think for a show car you want to get it lower.

Ok cool he said he has it dropped 3" now on billies so it might be ok for me now. I need to check his 18/19 setup when I get it. I just saw yours earlier and it made me rethink 17/18
Kevin

Last edited:
Ok I will check it out when I get the car to my shop. Was just looking for opinions before hand. Thanks to everyone for their input
Kevin

Will a 17 x 8 et35 215/40/17 work for the fronts? Just wanted to make sure the et35 is good.
Kevin

Will a 17 x 8 et35 215/40/17 work for the fronts? Just wanted to make sure the et35 is good.
Kevin

I think you'll be ok, but it is at the edge, depends on tire, camber, how low you are. I ran 37 and was ok with all my various tires but it was CLOSE. I was not that low. And high camber. You may need to massage the fenders a little but can probably make it work.

That's very conservative, especially the front. That's going to look fairly sunken in. That front also won't clear any BBK's. you are pretty close to OEM.

That's very conservative, especially the front. That's going to look fairly sunken in. That front also won't clear any BBK's. you are pretty close to OEM.

They said 35 is close so I figured run 5mm spacer? or 235?
Kevin

NF is running the same setup on stock suspension
attachment.php

Last edited:
Back