• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What the %$&* is up with Supras?

comquat1 said:
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...p=y&engine=&doors=&fuel=&lang=en&cardist=1934

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't there around 9000 supras manufactured from 93-98, just as many as the nsx. But the damn thing sells for more than new price after putting 50,000+ miles? That's a clean car, but insane price....:confused:

Here's another that's smokin' crack...
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...sp=y&engine=&doors=&fuel=&lang=en&cardist=742

ya....i sought out for a used 96 supra....but the price tag blew me away because it had ridculous amount of miles, but had the price range of nsx....

im think supra appeals more because of horsepower.....

After the original Fast and the Furious movie came out the prices of these cars went through the roof. That's not the only reason, but definitely played a role. They weren't making any more new ones at the time and it really is an awesome tuner car if u want huge hp. That engine was hugely over engineered and it good for 500+ hp with out doing internal work. It became the import car icon. I had heard that prices in the used market have dropped a lot in the past year or so. I'm sure there's still a couple guys trying to get ridiculous prices for them.

it'll even get higher...

Due to federalizing limitations, the Skyline R34 is a pipe-dream for the most obsessed, diehard import tunerz. That's where the MKIV Supra TT comes in. Bar-none, it's the ultimate platform for mad-mod' tunerz. And when a 'clean' one (read: VIRGIN) comes around, there's an uberload of demand for it. FD RX-7, 300ZX TT, and 3000GT-VR4 aren't as sought after due to their limitations. You have to understand the mentality of the hardcore-tunerz. The Supra is their holy grail because there is literally nothing else available for them to rediculously 'build' up w/ success, so to speak; in terms of JDM/import choices that is.

The NSX's value in terms of it's demand & relative worth is of a total different game than the Supra. The MKIV Supra TT should remain the paradox of the import/sportscar world for many years to come. Perhaps an influx of Skyline R33's/R34's would cause slightly declining slope as the du'jour-Tunerz would aspire towards something else to satiate their single-minded compulsion: dyno.

Now w/ that said, time to go out & buy a 'clean' SC300... :tongue:

Re: it'll even get higher...

Osiris_x11 said:
The Supra is their holy grail because there is literally nothing else available for them to rediculously 'build' up w/ success, so to speak; in terms of JDM/import choices that is.
That's because they have no imagination. It may be hard to get a legal Skyline here, but who says you can't get an RB26DETT and throw it into a '70-'78 Z? :wink:

They can keep their silly Supras for all I care. My 50 grand would just as soon buy a boat that actually floats. :biggrin:

Back