• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What Upgrades if Any?

So... I have had a Downforce NSX-R hood in my garage for over a year waiting to get painted. Basically I have been to busy and to lazy to get it done.

What additional upgrades, if any, do you think I should add? I was thinking of the following.
1. Cantrell Concepts Ducted Front Spoiler left in black as I scrape a small bit going up my driveway. http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ...ts/NSX/Cantrell_Concepts/2002_ducted_spoiler/

2. Downforce Side Skirts. http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ...oducts/NSX/Downforce/Stacy_Style_Side_Skirts/

I wasn't thinking of adding the NSX-R wing because I don't think my new SOS outside car cover won't fit. Does anyone know if it will or if there is an outside cover that will fit over the NSX-R wing?

Attachments

• DSC_0127.jpg
    DSC_0127.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC_0118.jpg
    DSC_0118.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 87
  • DSC_0122.jpg
    DSC_0122.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC_0124.jpg
    DSC_0124.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 60
Be sure and install a RHD radiator duct and remove the hood screen. It looks excellent IMO. It's nice to look down the vent and see a nice carbon duct. Looks and function.:smile:

IMHO I think the ducted side skirts are a bit redundant due to the prominent air dam that already exists and dare I say 'ricey'. I think the CF hood (unpainted) would really set things off. I know you have concerns with your car cover but the nsx-r wing would be the icing on top of the cake.

IMHO I think the ducted side skirts are a bit redundant due to the prominent air dam that already exists and dare I say 'ricey'. I think the CF hood (unpainted) would really set things off. I know you have concerns with your car cover but the nsx-r wing would be the icing on top of the cake.

Different strokes for different folks but I very much like the ducted sideskirt look. I despise ricey looks but I don't think this qualifies. I wouldn't do any other non-OEM or JDM body mod. The sideskirts are the exception.

JMHO

As for the Type R Spoiler, I don't have the outdoor cover, but the OEM cover fit, so I assume it will.

The duct on the side-skirts can also be used to cool-down the rear-brakes so it is functional.

This is my next project, to run a brake duct hose on my tiny rear brake calipers. hahaha.

niM

I wasn't thinking of adding the NSX-R wing because I don't think my new SOS outside car cover won't fit. Does anyone know if it will or if there is an outside cover that will fit over the NSX-R wing?

It fits ok on my car. A little tighter in the rear, but nothing to worry about.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Back