• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What would YOU like in your NSX interior?

With the scheduled debut of the latest "Concept NSX" in Detoit next month, I thought it would be interesting to ask a simple question. Since the topics that stem from supercar discussions usually just focus on power and drivetrains, I thought it would be fun to talk about the interior. So....

What features or details would you like to see in the interior of a second gen NSX?

To start off the discussion.....

I've been an owner for almost 8 years now and occasionally take it to Mid-Ohio for a track day. Here's what I'd like to see:
  • Integrated 5/6 point harness hole in seat cushion
  • Easy method to mount sub harness
  • Integrated 4 point harness mounting nuts (no need for harness bar)
  • LED RPM meter on steering wheel with shift light
  • Lap timer either in the cluster or center console
  • More head room!!!

To set it apart from our NSX maybe an in Dash 8-trak or a Reel to Reel behind the seat would be nice. :smile:

Seriously, all the modern luxuries like Navigation, heated and cool seats, cup holders that are not behind you.

Oh, just the normal interior niceties that can be found in a Hyundai Genesis, for God's sake:

- Integrated Navigation w/Bluetooth
- Heated / Cooled Seats
- Cup Holders that can be used without being a contortionist.
- Auto-dimming mirror with temperature display.
- Folding & Heated Exterior Mirrors
- Live hooker in passenger seat as opposed to a dead one in the trunk.
- A CCU that doesn't have a limited life span.
- Has any one mentioned more head room?:biggrin:

There was a big thread several years ago that Lud started where Acura was asking for input from current owners on what we would like on the next one. I have searched repeatedly and can't find it though. In other words, it's been done.

We got one guy asking for harnesses and one asking for cup holders. Will the cup holder guys please step forward and exit left. Buick is 3 doors down and to the right. The harness guys... You can stay.

Oh, yeah, you're right.
CUP HOLDERS!

+1 ...but they have to be made out of an exotic alloy or expertly crafted of hammer-forged steel by Hattori Hanzō

holographic 3D heads-up target aquisition display and steering wheel mounted firing controls to complement Batman's laser cannon and directional EMP

cloaking button for spirited drives and LEO avoidance

dimensional warping and guidance systems for making the Kessel run

reconfigure the passenger airbag to increase the glovebox volume..that said add all the fancy airbags to bring the car up to current ocupant safety standards.....upgraded materials..more alacantra,suede.microfiber,cf..ect.

Just the essentials I need to "conduct the business of driving."

I'd like a bench seat and three-on-the-tree. Why? Because there ain't gonna be a new NSX and I might was well be driving an old Chevy.

on windshield hud with speed, rpm, maybe gear
usable cupholders - no use being able to pull a 1g+ turn if your 32oz. slurpee can't handle it
auto up and down window switches for both sides
rear sensors/camera
rear view with compass
auto dimming mirrors
nav, aux in, bluetooth
2 cig lighter/power outlets
more headroom

You guys are embarrassing me. Touchie warmers and holders for your sippy cups?! When did you guys go all pansy on me? I used to think you all were cool. I hope no one from Honda is reading this.

We got one guy asking for harnesses and one asking for cup holders. Will the cup holder guys please step forward and exit left. Buick is 3 doors down and to the right. The harness guys... You can stay.

OK ... how about holders that will hold your drink while pulling 1G?

Seriously, the issue comes up, especially for us candy asses who don't have the balls track the car all the way home.
Almost everyone who has a '91 knows who ZE Toolman is.:redface:

Back