• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What would you recommend I use for tires and pads?

Yeah I live in palmdale so I am about 30 minutes away from willow. I was looks on the site but I could not find any info on the day you are going so I could sign up also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpagannsx
Hey Patrick,

Im interested in attending this track day. This will be my first track experience. Let me know what I need to do.

Thanks,

Tony

cool, you will have a great time. send me your full name and email address and ill send you info when the time comes. thanks !

send info to '[email protected]'

patrick

Hey VampNSX,

It was from qwiksti who posted this invite sometime in May and he responded back to me on 5/11/09....see message above. I will contact him again and make sure this is still going to happen. For what ever reason this does not happen....I know Steve had mentioned Big Willow?....sometime in Aug? I really don't want to wait that long. Do you know of any other track day on the Streets of Willow I could attend? Let me know. Thanks and looking forward to meeting you on the track.

Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpagannsx
Hey Patrick,

Im interested in attending this track day. This will be my first track experience. Let me know what I need to do.

Thanks,

Tony

cool, you will have a great time. send me your full name and email address and ill send you info when the time comes. thanks !

send info to '[email protected]'

patrick

Hey VampNSX,

It was from qwiksti who posted this invite sometime in May and he responded back to me on 5/11/09....see message above. I will contact him again and make sure this is still going to happen. For what ever reason this does not happen....I know Steve had mentioned Big Willow?....sometime in Aug? I really don't want to wait that long. Do you know of any other track day on the Streets of Willow I could attend? Let me know. Thanks and looking forward to meeting you on the track.

Tony

Originally Posted by VampNSX
Yeah I live in palmdale so I am about 30 minutes away from willow. I was looks on the site but I could not find any info on the day you are going so I could sign up also.

Ok....verified with qwiksti and he said its still on. He is taking down names and email addresses and putting them on a list to be contacted before July 31st with more details. He said just email him at '[email protected]'.

Last edited:
Ok....with all this info I've received...I've come up with what I will use on the Streets of Willow. I'm going with the Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Specs 215/40Z R17front and 255/40Z R17rear and the Carbotech XP8s on all 4s. I hope to have a car cam by then to post the video. Thanks for all the info.

Any word on the what your insurance company said ???
I didn't call mine and it sucked what I had to endure. I wouldn't wish it upon anyone else :redface:

Any word on the what your insurance company said ???
I didn't call mine and it sucked what I had to endure. I wouldn't wish it upon anyone else :redface:

Haven't as of yet....but even if they say No....I'm still going. I'll let you know what they say. I really appreciate you sharing that terrible experience you endured on the track.

When you talk to the insurance company make sure to stress this a driver education event - key words ~ no timing, no racing, no competition.

Remember - you have everything to lose and nothing to win. :wink:

When you talk to the insurance company make sure to stress this a driver education event - key words ~ no timing, no racing, no competition.

Remember - you have everything to lose and nothing to win. :wink:

Thanks Captain....I'll make sure to say DRIVER EDUCATION EVENT. Also....thanks for the thread on the pads. Went to 949Racing yesterday and got the complete run down on the XP8s for all four. A few questions....what are brake ducts? Are they for cooling the brakes? And where can I get them? Thanks again!!!

Thanks Captain....I'll make sure to say DRIVER EDUCATION EVENT. Also....thanks for the thread on the pads. Went to 949Racing yesterday and got the complete run down on the XP8s for all four. A few questions....what are brake ducts? Are they for cooling the brakes? And where can I get them? Thanks again!!!

Ducts are for cooling the rotors. You have to custom fab them. Dali, DF and SMTPO all make larger cooling thingies for the front rotors. Good, but not as good as ducts. I have both Dali and ducts front, ducts rear. I drive hard, brake hard and am on R compound tires. :cool:

Don't worry about brake ducts.... you don't need them ~ now.

Ducts are for cooling the rotors. You have to custom fab them. Dali, DF and SMTPO all make larger cooling thingies for the front rotors. Good, but not as good as ducts. I have both Dali and ducts front, ducts rear. I drive hard, brake hard and am on R compound tires. :cool:

Don't worry about brake ducts.... you don't need them ~ now.

Cool....thanks!!!

Yep, drivers education event at a RACE TRACK. Don't forget to mention that, I'm sure they will get a kick out of that.

Back