• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

what yall think about these seats? df nsx r style

7178251149_1114f01f8d_c.jpg

7363478592_3f23cf721c_c.jpg

7178251203_5293d5dd24_c.jpg

7178251243_3eda166792_c.jpg

much cheaper than the df nsx r style seats wish I didn't see these . Sighs

Recaro pole position with red jersey Mesh with red suede

Last edited:
Downforce seats are not expensive. What makes them expensive is the power mechanism needed to make it all work. Get a manual base and the FRP ones are around $1300 finished and ready to go. These are not the same seats. They are smaller, heavier, and not as comfortable. They are also $1100 online so pretty close in pricing.

It's 950 Each shipped one set in stock

A s2ki vendor has em gt motoring ,,, hmm I actually want the df seats if it's 13 maybe after wheels

The NSX-R style is great: right up until the point you realize the seat belt doesn't quite work right.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=162320

It's been a known fact, or kind of intuitive when you look at installed pictures of the pole position, the regular pole positions don't work quite right with the stock belts.

When that lap belt doesn't cinch down low directly on your lap: that's not a good thing.

Only the Recaro ABEs or Downforce seats are the only ones I know of that work "right".

Both seem difficult to get, at least in the US.

The ABE seats aren't readily available in the US.

None of the Downforce dealers lists the Downforce seats on on their website for some reason.

IIRC, Downforce offered an option where you could get the NSX-R seats with recaro bolt pattern, that would be the way to go, at least in my opinion, since it opens up the possiblity of using the seats in other cars, too. Not just the NSX.

I wish that when Peter first advertised his seats for sale that he would not have posted it with all the bells and whistles. There is so much cost associated with the electric switch, cutting and welding your original rails, or buying new
Motorized rails. Then they were only available with full carbon and various rather pricey covers and foams. The final price was quite high and I am afraid that is the impression that was left on many primer's minds including myself. So often many people think that downforce seats which are exact replicas of the NSX-R are very expensive. It's just not the case. I actually think they are making very little money on the seats. They are FIA approved. I've talked to Peter at length and know the kinds of effort that goes into the construction and quality of his seats. They are very light. Very safe. Very well built. They fit inside your NSX perfectly. It is the ideal replacement seat. Honestly I don't know why others even bother to buy some of these other seats when the downforce replicas are available. They are a true bargain. Just don't spend money on all the extras and get the science of speed rails and you are good to go. You also save a lot of weight this way. 9 pounds for the carbon model and 14 for an SOS rail puts you at 23 pounds, a savings of 34 pounds over both stock seats. The seat belt works in there properly and a lot more people can fit in it.

I personally love downforce and I think Peter is a great guy. Yes, disorganized sometimes, hard to get a hold of, but he makes great parts. Over the years I've bought a perfectly fitting genII hood from him, a great fitting rear spoiler, a rear window garnish, a rear diffuser, an R hood duct. My hood and wing have seen countless car washes, sun, new England cold. They look and fit as good as day 1.

I just don't know why you'd want to pay money to recaro and get this rather flimsy (In comparison) fiberglass seat instead of what Peter took the time to create, build, and certify.

Last edited:
I just don't know why you'd want to pay money to recaro and get this rather flimsy (In comparison) fiberglass seat instead of what Peter took the time to create, build, and certify.

If you're building a car to a competition specification, it's easier to go with the regular Recaros, or Sparcos, or what not, since they're more readily available, and since you're not using stock belts, they work fine with a 5 or 6 point harness.

The Recaro seats meet the FIA standards just like the FIA version of the Downforce ones. From a safety standpoint, they should be more or less the same. The "flimsiness" may be engineered into the seat so the impulse loading on the passenger is not as high in the case of a sudden high G load.

Very nice seat.
Go some just like that but with leather in my car since a week or two.
Like them a lot, they fit like a glove.

I can't comment on the quality of the Downforce seats. Having several carbon pieces from Downforce on my car, I am sure their quality is superb.
You can get the Recaro in a carbon version as well. These are much lighter but also a lot more expensive.
I don't think the Recaro is flimsy, it has been a proven seat for a long time. Any lack of quality*would have been discovered a long time ago. Especially if you consider the fact that there are many cheaper options out there for half the Recaro price.

I never said it is flimsy, but if you knew the difference in construction between what Recaro does and what downforce does, in comparison, the recaro has much cheaper construction. Especially the FRP seat.

Where can you get the DF seats for $1300?

Downforce seats are not expensive. What makes them expensive is the power mechanism needed to make it all work. Get a manual base and the FRP ones are around $1300 finished and ready to go. These are not the same seats. They are smaller, heavier, and not as comfortable. They are also $1100 online so pretty close in pricing.

From downforce. If you don't get the motorized version and settle for the manual SOS rails which are lighter anyway, and you get the FRP version just like recaro pole positions which are still heavier than the DF ones, you can get the pair for roughly $2600. That's finished with better higher quality padding that you can specify the thickness of, and your choice of fabric colors.

Those are some beautiful seats! That's exactly the setup I want!

But man, I preferably would like to get the Downforce seats in the carbon model..but I wouldn't mind these as options. :biggrin:

The NSX-R style is great: right up until the point you realize the seat belt doesn't quite work right.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=162320

It's been a known fact, or kind of intuitive when you look at installed pictures of the pole position, the regular pole positions don't work quite right with the stock belts.

When that lap belt doesn't cinch down low directly on your lap: that's not a good thing.

Only the Recaro ABEs or Downforce seats are the only ones I know of that work "right".

Both seem difficult to get, at least in the US.

The ABE seats aren't readily available in the US.

None of the Downforce dealers lists the Downforce seats on on their website for some reason.

IIRC, Downforce offered an option where you could get the NSX-R seats with recaro bolt pattern, that would be the way to go, at least in my opinion, since it opens up the possiblity of using the seats in other cars, too. Not just the NSX.
I have the DF seats with manual seat rails. They are wonderful. As far as the seatbelts go I have a 33 inch waist and the seatbelts worked ok. If your waste is larger than it would be uncomfortable with the latch hitting in the side. I have a harness bar so I converted to 4 points. The DF seats are the most comfortable seats I have owned. They are wide so you are comfortable yet supportive.

I have the DF seats with manual seat rails. They are wonderful. As far as the seatbelts go I have a 33 inch waist and the seatbelts worked ok. If your waste is larger than it would be uncomfortable with the latch hitting in the side. I have a harness bar so I converted to 4 points. The DF seats are the most comfortable seats I have owned. They are wide so you are comfortable yet supportive.

Which 4 points? And is that your usual drivers and passengers seat now?

I think they look great and they'll match the NSX-R red carpet material if you decide to go that route. If I was to chose a non-reclining bucket I'd probably go for these.

What do you the think about Bride Stadia seats? Those are the seats I plan to get.

Last edited:
Back