• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

what your 0 to 60 mph ? and top speed ?

hey guys, just like to know your numbers on zero to 60 and top speed ...
especially heavyly modify nsx .....and if you could list the mods
thanks guys

I think 1/4 mile times and trap speed would be much more accurate if you are looking for acceleration. Using something like a G-tech Pro to gauge 0-60 is inaccurate at best and it's near impossible to hit top speed unless you live near an oval track. If you must have 0-60 and top speeds, your best bet are the tests various magazines do. They have pretty sophisticated equipment that gives accurate representations.

My 0-60 is not accurate to the n-th decimal place like the magazines test to. Although I don't carry an atomic clock in my pocket I can reasonably well count one-thousand-one, one-thousand-two, one-thousand-three, one-thousand-four, one-thous...... For discussion purposes, call it low fours.

Mods included at the time CTSC 9 PSI kit, short gears, 4.55 R&P and 285 rears. Top speed clocked at 163. Either speedo error or the 4.55 R&P is the culprit.
eek.gif

I deon't think you need the accuracy of an atomic clock for a 0-60 time or a quarter mile unless you're working for NASA.

Atomic clocks are not used for such time keeping measurements. My times are about 4.6 to 60 and top speed of 168. Not an atomic clock but a very accurate Tag Heuer.

Originally posted by wildrice:
I deon't think you need the accuracy of an atomic clock for a 0-60 time or a quarter mile unless you're working for NASA.

Atomic clocks are not used for such time keeping measurements. My times are about 4.6 to 60 and top speed of 168. Not an atomic clock but a very accurate Tag Heuer.
Is yours stock?

No, slightly modified as follows:

1) Arc Titanium cat back
2) S of S AIS
3) Comptech Uni Filter
4) Volk TE 37's in 16/17
5) Approximately 200 in weight reduction

No, slightly modified as follows:

1) Arc Titanium cat back
2) S of S AIS
3) Comptech Uni Filter
4) Volk TE 37's in 16/17
5) Approximately 195 lbs in weight reduction
a) Dali seat cusions (6 lbs)
b) Engine cover (25 lbs)
c) Odyssey battery (20 lbs)
d) Mats (12 lbs)
e) Spare & tools (33 lbs)
f) Volks (19 lbs)
g) Recaro/Mugen (46 lbs)
h) Arc (34 lbs)

I estimate the weight reduction is worth about two-tenths of a second and the other one-tenth in the mods.

Back