• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander

I don't have a problem with you moving my post from one forum to another, but there are at least six other post on the owner discussion forum that are similar to mine. Why do you let those stay and selectively move others? I was not trying to buy or sell anything, nor do I want to hear from vender's. I was trying to get in put from owners who run this brake set up. Whats up with this? If you are going to move one post then get busy and move them all.

You know, I do not live on this site 24 hours a day. It is possible - even likely - that it will take more than 6 hours for me to respond to in inquiry. Please exercise a little patience.

As for your post, I moved it because I noticed it and felt it belonged in the Vendor / Product Info, Questions & Reviews / Group Buy forum since it was asking for pros and cons about a particular rotor and brake pad setup.

If you feel there are other threads in need of relocation, use the "Report This Post" (
report.gif
) function on them and I will take a look.

cuts1200 said:
I don't have a problem with you moving my post from one forum to another, but there are at least six other post on the owner discussion forum that are similar to mine. Why do you let those stay and selectively move others? I was not trying to buy or sell anything, nor do I want to hear from vender's. I was trying to get in put from owners who run this brake set up. Whats up with this? If you are going to move one post then get busy and move them all.

Remember we are all guests on Lud's (NSXPRIME FOUNDER) luxurious cruising yacht, trust me your not the only one whose post has been moved. DON'T TAKE IT PERSONAL, JUST TAKE IT AS A LEARNING LESSON:wink:

btcog82 said:
Remember we are all guests...

I've always felt this statement to be 1-sided. Although we are guests, without the positively contributing individuals, this site would NOT be what it is. As we must, "remember we are all guests", the site owner should treat us as such. This may include refraining from selectively moving posts, especially without a courtesy notification, or removing posts that do not pose a legal liability based on a subjective judgment on what is deemed "appropriate".

LUVnSX said:
I've always felt this statement to be 1-sided. Although we are guests, without the positively contributing individuals, this site would NOT be what it is.

I agree with that, but our host also puts up with some of the less tolerable ones among us (like me!:wink: )

LUVnSX said:
This may include refraining from selectively moving posts, especially without a courtesy notification, or removing posts that do not pose a legal liability based on a subjective judgment on what is deemed "appropriate".

The way this site is run is clearly explained when you register. If it does not suit you, that is fine, but it means this is probably not the right site for you. If there are a lot of people who feel the same way, perhaps someone should start another NSX site to serve those folks.

NSX Prime said:
The way this site is run is clearly explained when you register. If it does not suit you, that is fine, but it means this is probably not the right site for you. If there are a lot of people who feel the same way, perhaps someone should start another NSX site to serve those folks.

You are correct but since the majority of owners are here, despite the availablity of other sites, the choices are limited.

Lud, as for the first post. I realize that I am a guest on your web site, but I'm a paying guest. I thought for a moment that it might include a bit more courtesy. This is the second time I have posted something on the owners discussion forum to get input for NSX owners who are running a part that I may want to put on my car,or already purchased. I have never asked any questions like where did you buy it? How much did it cost etc. But yet my post is moved. Then I look at the same questions from other posters on the same forum and keep wondering why they can ask the same kind of question I'm asking and not be moved. If I was looking to buy parts or vendor information then I would post it on the vendors forum. I have my own parts outlets which most of the time can do better or match any vendor here. To me the owners forum should be talk about NSXs and what they have done and how they like it.
Yes, it was inconsiderate of me to assume that all you have to do is sit around answering question from bitchers, for that sorry!
As for the second post. that was more directed at all the NSX Primies that love to chew the crap out of posts like this. :biggrin:

cuts1200 said:
Then I look at the same questions from other posters on the same forum and keep wondering why they can ask the same kind of question I'm asking and not be moved.
About that, Lud said:

NSX Prime said:
If you feel there are other threads in need of relocation, use the "Report This Post" (
report.gif
) function on them and I will take a look.
Why not try it?

nsxtasy said:
About that, Lud said:

Why not try it?

Because that doesn't solve his issue...He would like his thread in the NSX discussion forum....tattling on other people for their threads is not going to keep his thread where other NSX owners are most likely to look.....

cuts1200 said:
Lud, as for the first post. I realize that I am a guest on your web site, but I'm a paying guest. I thought for a moment that it might include a bit more courtesy.:

You should expect nothing in return when you make a donation.

cuts1200 said:
... This is the second time I have posted something on the owners discussion forum to get input for NSX owners who are running a part that I may want to put on my car,or already purchased.....

Vendors / Product Info, Questions & Reviews / Group Buys
Commercial posts, product info, reviews, comparisons, "Where do I buy?" questions and group buys. Must be NSX-related.

cuts1200 said:
Lud, as for the first post. I realize that I am a guest on your web site, but I'm a paying guest. I thought for a moment that it might include a bit more courtesy.

I appreciate your support of the site, but I do not treat people differently because they support the site. I have suspended more than one person who has donated money. I really do not even look to see who posted in most threads I move, I just skim through the content. If you were expecting different consideration and would like your money back, I will be happy to refund it in full, just ask.

If I was looking to buy parts or vendor information then I would post it on the vendors forum. I have my own parts outlets which most of the time can do better or match any vendor here. To me the owners forum should be talk about NSXs and what they have done and how they like it.

That forum is for both vendors AND product questions / inquiries / reviews. That is why I bolded that part of the forum description in my previous message. I try to move most threads that look very product-specific to that forum. I'm sure I miss some, but the vast majority end up there. This is similar to the very first forum on the list which is for New & Prospective owners AS WELL AS comparisons of the NSX to other cars, even if the comparison thread is participated in entirely by long-time NSX owners.

As long as that is the forum layout I am going to try to stick to it. If you do not like the way the content is categorized in the various forums and you think product info / questions / reviews belong somewhere else, that is an entirely different discussion. If you want to start that discussion, feel free to do so in a new thread in this forum and we can see what others think. I originally moved the product info threads to that forum based on member input.

When moving threads, I always miss some. I regularly run across threads that are weeks or months old that need relocation. That's life. I don't have time to sit here reading every single post every day (thus my suggestion for people to use Report This Post if they see something that needs attention). Moving threads is not exactly a hard and fast science either, particulary as the direction of a thread often departs from the original topic. But I can assure you I did not wake up one morning and say "Hmm, I think I'm going to single out cuts1200 this month and concentrate on moving HIS threads."

We must all remember that this is not a publically owned web site, nor do we have any say in how it is run. That being said, what kind of cheese would like with your whine? :rolleyes:

zahntech said:
Because that doesn't solve his issue...
Sure it does. His issue is that he felt his topic was treated differently from others. Lud indicated that he would be happy to move any other such topics for which another forum is appropriate, just by pointing those topics out to him. That would resolve his issue of different treatment of topics.

zahntech said:
He would like his thread in the NSX discussion forum....
No, that's not what he said. He asked why his was moved while others weren't. He said he had no problem with moving his, only with the fact that others weren't treated the same.

zahntech said:
tattling on other people for their threads
It's not "tattling" to note when a topic belongs in a different forum from where it has been erroneously posted.

zahntech said:
is not going to keep his thread where other NSX owners are most likely to look.....
The forums on this site are set up with a particular structure for a reason - so that people who want to read topics about a vendor's products, or about the next gen NSX, or about events in their part of the country, can go directly to the forum for that purpose. The purpose of the general discussion forum is only as a place for NSX-related discussions that don't belong in any of the more specific forums. It is not intended to be the place "where other NSX owners are most likely to look" and it is wrong to put a topic there just for greater visibility when it belongs in one of the other forums.

Back