• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What's The Best Sunday In September For A NSX Club Ride?

I'm going to create a route for a club ride in September on a Sunday so those who can't get free on Saturdays for the River Run can participate.

Looking at September 15th and 22nd and would like to get your preferences - I'd like to make it on the day that most people favor.

The ride would start at TK's Bar & Grille in Mt. Bethel, PA for breakfast, we'll ride around
some of the best roads in that area of PA a little bit then cross into Northwest NJ to sample some of the fine roads there, cross at Dingman's Bridge back into PA for lunch.

Lunch wil be catered at the house I'm moving into if I can get in on time otherwise I'll find a good restaurant (thinking of Skytop if they will accept non-guests).

If anyone knows of a good place that could handle us in Pike or Northern Monroe counties, please let me know.

All I can say is I know some great roads around here... lol
:smile:

I'm good with either day as long as I have the car back in time, Cody told my attorney yesterday that worst case scenario would be around 6 weeks.

I forgot to mention in the original post that I want to set the date no later than Wednesday the 14th of August so people can put it on their calendar so please send your opinion soon.

Given the replies so far, I'm leaning towards Sunday the 22nd.

Thanks,

Bob

I vote for the 15th as I have another event on the 22nd.

the 22nd works for me
Skytop is great- I am going there this weekend- not sure if they take non staying guest for lunch- It is a bit "formal" and lunch is basically a buffet. I would rather find a local pub.

jh

Don and I are good for whatever you end up planning. I know that this is going to have some awesome driving roads. Guess Don will have to be the passenger that day. Will have to remember to bring some blinders for him. Perhaps if he doesn't see the scenery whooshing by he won't realize how fast, uh, how quickly, no, that's not it, . . . how efficiently I am driving. That's it. I'm just a very efficient driver. Very.

Just a reminder - if you want to voice your opinion, it must be in by tomorrow.

I'll announce the winning date by Thursday morning at the latest.

Bob

Well, not as many responses as I hoped for and a tie at that!

That being the case, I setting Sunday September 22 as the date for the ride.

I haven't settled on a place for lunch, The Skytop lodge can handle us but they have a small window and it is a buffet.

I'll start a new thread to list drivers and guests.

A buffet usually works better, that way everyone pays the same amount and one person can collect the money.....just sayin

How far is that from Canuckville?? Could be a nice day for a drive........just sayin?

This sounds fun! I'm going to have to see where Bethel PA is.. I have a friend with a yellow 99 that would probably want to come along. But he isn't a member of the NSXCA that I know of... Is it open to just members?

TK's Bar & Grille is in Mt. Bethel, PA NOT Bethel, PA

TK's is on Route 611 (North Delaware Drive) - about 2 miles from the Portland, PA bridge which connects with Interstate 80 at Exit 4.

All very close to the Delaware Water Gap. Part of the reason I picked TK's is that it is so close to I-80.

More later...

I'm in baring any unforeseen stuff.

The way Ron eats a buffet is the only way to go.

I'll try to make the drive too.

Ha......would've been cheaper for me to pay you than feed you when you helped me out....lol!

Funny guy you are Frank..........see you soon!

Well it doesn't look like I will have car back in time for this. Maybe I'll take the ride up in the RS6 just to see all the cars...it's been awhile.

Have we settled on a date yet?

Back