• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

whats the fastest you've taken your nsx?

140 in a stock 10 year old NSX, arrow straight and totally planted. There may be faster cars but none better at speed.

Originally posted by McAttack:
I've often wondered if the NSX could top 200 mph but thought after 191 or 192 mph it was aerodynamically improbable. ie. the amount of hp needed to offset the downforce and get the extra 8 or 9 mph would need to be very sizable.

With N20 and CTSC 9PSI w/stock gears, I easily buried it but next time I'd tape the creases. With my Targa, it sounded like I was in the middle of a tornado!

THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!! The tape would come off above 200 miles an hour. Unless they make tape certified higher than the 200 mile/hour tape
biggrin.gif

------------------
Kenji Ligon
91 Red CTSC NSX

Originally posted by Attitude Adjuster:
THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!! The tape would come off above 200 miles an hour. Unless they make tape certified higher than the 200 mile/hour tape

Use the JDM tape. It's good for an extra 6 mph.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Jonathan:
55MPH on the dot (+/- 100MPH)
biggrin.gif

You can drive -45 mph? WOW.

------------------
1991 NSX Red/Black
Comptech Supercharger
Bridgestone Proline Wheels
SOS HIDs
RM Exhaust
Passport SRX
Red Roof

NSX-140 something, Kart-125 gearbox 140+,

Net Viper- If they let you guys run the oval only @TMS I would assume the sky is the limit dependent MODS and what adjustments someone wants to do with tire stagger & spring rates/shock settings on the right side.

Originally posted by Jonathan:
55MPH on the dot (+/- 100MPH)
biggrin.gif

You can drive -45 mph? WOW.

------------------
1991 NSX Red/Black
Comptech Supercharger
Bridgestone Proline Wheels
SOS HIDs
RM Exhaust
Passport SRX
Red Roof

160 mph (indicated) a few times. Right about then the speed limiter kicked in. But I'm getting a divorce soon and she won't be around to spoil my fun.

chopsjazz, too funny. we dont need no stinkin police. weve got wives!!

165 in nsx---scary fast and really stupid on our highways--never again--probably, until my kids are grown

155 in 88 325bmw. that car was amazingly stable at high speed. not sure how it went that fast since it wasnt supposed to. i was second owner, so maybe a chip??

Hit 150+ on my way to Vegas but then ran out of room in front. =) Shucky darn. Consistently hit 135 locally, but don't tell anyone.
wink.gif

Originally posted by smoore:
so anybody use their nitrous if they have it at top end speeds or is it just me?
Just you
wink.gif
stu you always drive the bridge 175...me too but you got her up to 190 on the n02. I think I need to try that!my SIMULATED top end is 175.thats as fast as I have taken her
David
disclaimer:the bridge in question is a simulated bridge that exists only in a computer generated game called:how fast is fast enough, for all you L/I types

Originally posted by ChopsJazz:
160 mph (indicated) a few times. Right about then the speed limiter kicked in. But I'm getting a divorce soon and she won't be around to spoil my fun.
as already stated that is very clever and funny
David

For all of you triple-digit speed junkies out there... check out this link:
www.playersrun.net

If you are familiar with the Gumball 3000 events, then you know what this is about.

I submitted an application to be part of the 100-car field, and it appears that I made the cut.

They sent me an email this morning indicating that they were able to get police cooperation, and 10% of the event's route will be closed off for all-out high-speed driving!!!

The email also said that one of the "Players" has ordered a Pagain Zonda just for this event...

Apparently I haven't gone that fast, only 120. This is based on NSX Mod's Larry telling me "Don't go over 120 on the street - anything goes wrong over 120 you will have problems".

So I paid attention, cause in the old days I didn't pay attention & I got in trouble!

Back