• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Whats the funniest thing anyone's said about your car?

Pati., I love blue. is that stock? lol Anywho, I hear the owner of that orange pumpkin thing is gay and color coordinate every outfit pumpkin color. He only takes his car out after putting a travel request chit with his wife....by the time she approves it, Halloween comes around. On a clear October Halloween morning, if you pay enough attention to the 405 freeway, you might see him on the far right lane holding up traffic lolz

Yeah, I bet you do! Orange is very rare. I've got a friend with one but he doesn't take it out to play very often.

IMG_4421.jpg

I've owned mine for a month and have had a few comments that have enlightened me as to how dumb some people are. Not that I didn't already know it, I guess these experiences have just underlined the fact.
I've also had a tremendous number of people yell positive things or wave or give thumbs up as well.
This car just cannot be ignored. People react to it one way or another.

I've already been told it looks like a Corvette.
My answer is that it also looks like a Ferrari 360 and that's because the same artist at Pininfarina (Kiyoyuki "Ken" Okuyama) helped to design it.

I've been asked how much I paid for the car to which I answered once "Less than you would think" which solicited another question "Like what $11k?" so that was awkward. I just shrugged it off.
I got asked the same question by someone else a couple of days later and answered "About the same price as the Ferrari I was looking at." (Totally true about considering an F car btw) which worked to get them to shut up. I find that question so rude.

I also had a couple of people tell me how much better it is than my Integra and that just completely infuriates me because I love my Type R more than anything. I'm actually surprised that more NSX owners don't also own one, given that they can be purchased so inexpensively and they are such a race car! I'm completely used to the Type R getting zero respect from most people however. I could honestly care less because I KNOW and a few others KNOW and that's what makes it such an awesome toy to have.

I had another guy comment on-line that I must be broke because I have a garage full of Honda's. That one made me LOL.

Another guy commented on-line (on my Facebook) that if I had this car when he was a teenager I would be the king. I responded now that I have the car and you're an adult, that makes me a collector.

Clearly the people making these comments are just ignorant.

final5.jpg

Last edited:
Those are funny comments, and I think most people here can sympathize. Regarding Corvette comments, I have even gotten waves from "fellow" Vette owners on the road, so that tells you a lot about their knowledge ;)

One interesting thing: since I have started tracking my car, and its been permanently wearing a number on the glass that assclown comments started dropping big time. I guess it's one thing to be parading around in a 90's glorified Prelude (sarcasm) and another in a car that's proud to be a Honda (I have rebadged my car) and is not afraid to mix it up on the track with other more expensive cars.

Went for a drive on Saturday and got two offers to trade. The first from my neighbor for his self-propelled Honda mower; the second from a guy at a light for his very nice 1995 Mercedes 500SL.

I respectfully declined both offers:biggrin:

I have a Honda all aluminum hydrostatic drive self propelled lawn mower. You don't know what you are missing??!!:biggrin:

I have a Honda all aluminum hydrostatic drive self propelled lawn mower. You don't know what you are missing??!!:biggrin:

I told him since they were both Hondas I don't think anyone would notice; but it wouldn't do a very good job on his lawn.

I do love my Honda mower; especially when my son is pushing it.

The upper portion of our shop is a parts supply and paint mixing setup for sherwin williams. A couple of days ago I had an order, but all my delivery guys were out to lunch, so I took it. When I arrived at the body shop to deliver the paint, another guy was there delivering something from napa. He said, "wow, that's a rare car". I said "thanks, I enjoy it". The guy asked if I'd sell it. I said "not right now" and explained that I didn't intend on selling it anytime soon. He replied, " I have an 89 corvette I'd trade you but you'd have to put some money with yours." I replied, "nope, I'm happy with mine." He also told me that his car had less than 200k miles. He was being serious.

Last edited:
A lady where I work mistook my 1991 black over red NSX for a red Camaro that occasionally parks near our office.

I just stared at her in disbelief.

Last night I pulled up to a friend's house for this birthday party. Walked in to say hi. When I came outside, I saw 6 guys around it.

Guy: Dude.. nice car.. you must get mad pussy with the car
Me: haha I wish it was a chick magnet. It's more of a dick magnet.
Guy looked around and notice all the guys around.

Last night I pulled up to a friend's house for this birthday party. Walked in to say hi. When I came outside, I saw 6 guys around it.

Guy: Dude.. nice car.. you must get mad pussy with the car
Me: haha I wish it was a chick magnet. It's more of a dick magnet.

Hilarious.

Lmfao

last night i pulled up to a friend's house for this birthday party. Walked in to say hi. When i came outside, i saw 6 guys around it.

Guy: Dude.. Nice car.. You must get mad pussy with the car
me: Haha i wish it was a chick magnet. It's more of a dick magnet.

Just last night this happened. I had parked the NSX in the VIP section at a local concert venue (Soungarden was excellent!) and as my very hot, blonde friend and I were navigating through the sea of departing fans, some dude yelled out "Hey it's Mr. Wolf! It IS Mr. Wolf! How's it going Mr. Wolf?" I LOL'ed and yelled back, "Hey I get that reference!". We got lots of great comments on the car on the way out and the lovely Jenna was impressed :biggrin:

Last edited:
Was out running simple errands in the NSX yesterday, and a guy in a mid 90's camaro(same paint scheme black roof/red body) walks up "this yours?" "Yessir" Its ashamed that Acura copied Chevy. I told him"well correct me if I am wrong, but that body style Camaro came out in 93 right?" "yeah thats right...So" he replies. "Sooo my NSX is a 91. who copied who again?" He would not believe that my car was a 91.

Last edited:
Right after I got mine some 15 years back I drove to one of my larger clients who walked out and said "Its even SHAPED like a penis!"

Not long after I roll up on a guy in a Viper with a cute little blond chicklet riding along, and he says "Nice rice burner!" to which I reply "Best damned one they make!" and I got a great laugh and smile from the blond. No laugh from the driver.

Not long after I roll up on a guy in a Viper with a cute little blond chicklet riding along, and he says "Nice rice burner!" to which I reply "Best damned one they make!" and I got a great laugh and smile from the blond. No laugh from the driver.

So, she was a Supra fan? :confused:

Every time I get my annual smog check I get a funny question. This year the "tech" asked me if it was all-wheel drive. The year before, the "tech" asked if it was front engined. And almost invariably when they use their mirror on a stick to look for the cats they check underneath the passenger compartment - "they are in the back" I always have to tell them.

Last edited:
Right after I got mine some 15 years back I drove to one of my larger clients who walked out and said "Its even SHAPED like a penis!"

You should have followed up with "Nice penis extension" for the Viper owner to bring it full circle :biggrin:

Back