• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Whats the funniest thing anyone's said about your car?

After I had just purchased my NSX I had an acquaintance drive up to me as I was stepping out of my car. He got out of his vehicle and looked it over saying he has always wanted an Acura NSX. At that point he said to let him know if I ever want to sell it(even though I had just bought it). He then asked how much I paid for the car so I told him the asking price was $40,000 from the previous seller. At that point he came to the harsh realization that NSX's hold their value and it was not $20,000 to buy.

When I went to register my 91 after buying it the lady looked at me like I was a moron for paying that much for a 15 year old Acura with 80k miles.

I had my car at a car show with the front hood up. A lady came up to me asked "where is the engine?" I point to the battery and told her it was one of those new electric cars. ....Really...... (yea I did show her the engine compartment afterwards thou)

I have the SOS front plate bracket and get asked constantly if it is electric. That is by far the #1 question I get.

I was asked a few days ago if my 91 was a new 2012. When I said no it was infact a 91, she was super surprised. I just laugh to myself inside.

It happens all the time for me, @ the "Avengers" premiere, I was invited by Rick Case's Acura to drop my car while watching the pre screening ,, every single person thought it was from the movie, it was pretty embarrassing .. but my friend loved it!

Oscar

I have the SOS front plate bracket and get asked constantly if it is electric. That is by far the #1 question I get.

I'm amazed at the interest in my SoS plate bracket too. And even I ask why it isn't electric. That would be so cool.

'A guy walked up to me and said,"NSX stands for 'no sex'."
I was fine, not having sex with him.
Jokes aside, I'd never heard that before......

'A guy walked up to me and said,"NSX stands for 'no sex'."
I was fine, not having sex with him.
Jokes aside, I'd never heard that before......

LOL too true.... :redface:

Once I took a girl friend for a ride and a MINI was in front of us and she said: "Oh that jeep looks like a MINI". She was not used to the nsx low riding :biggrin::biggrin:

Once I took a girl friend for a ride and a MINI was in front of us and she said: "Oh that jeep looks like a MINI". She was not used to the nsx low riding :biggrin::biggrin:

:biggrin::biggrin: That is funny.

'A guy walked up to me and said,"NSX stands for 'no sex'." Jokes aside, I'd never heard that before......

I disappeared for four hours on Mother's Day to buy my NSX. Let me tell you about No SeX. Since then, I never stop getting No SeX....:biggrin:

Last edited:
the other day someone at the gas station asked...how much do those run? like 15,000?

and i said no around 30s-40s and he yelled, WHAT!? for a honda!?

just had to smile and not say anything else.

Ha, I always say 'they go for $90k brand new.'

....which isn't very funny, but that's what I say lol

Stopped in Oregon at a gas station, kid attendant comes to pump the gas..

him: "Man that's a beautiful car, I've always wanted one of these"
me: "thanks"
him - after studying the car further: "What kind of car is this?"
me: "its a Honda"
him: "oh, nice"
:)

Signing over the title with the previous owner, lady looks at the price paid.
her: "This car is a 94 Acura you know"
me: "Yeah, he told me it was well kept"

YES!!!!! I've heard this too! ("I coulda SWORE it was a Nissan Nsx")!!!

I guess the Nissan ish is pretty popular. I had a guy just last weekend ask a buddy of mine, "whose Nissan is that"? After my friend schooled him on what kind of car it was, the guy replied with, "oh, I use to have one of those..."

I guess the Nissan ish is pretty popular. I had a guy just last weekend ask a buddy of mine, "whose Nissan is that"? After my friend schooled him on what kind of car it was, the guy replied with, "oh, I use to have one of those..."

lol everyone "used to have one" or knows someone who did supposedly haha

I had one guy in a crown vic pull up to me and said "Hey NICE HONDA Whats it worth $12K!? why don't you drive that thing like the douche bag you are!" and tried to spit on it but didn't make it....... what a prick.

I had one guy in a crown vic pull up to me and said "Hey NICE HONDA Whats it worth $12K!? why don't you drive that thing like the douche bag you are!" and tried to spit on it but didn't make it....... what a prick.

SAD, jealous idiot.... :-(

Maybe we also need a "Worst thing's anyone's said about your NSX" thread...

Back