• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Whats the funniest thing anyone's said about your car?

^^LOL^^ I'll have to try that.

Then after he answered, I said, "well you'd better get out now because if the owner comes back and sees you in his car, he's going to be super mad." "

How about the funniest thing I've ever heard someone say regarding (and not necessarily about) someone else's NSX?

At last year's NSXPO NSX day in Marysville, there was one NSX a few away from mine that I really liked. I wanted to meet the owner and chit chat over the work he'd done but he was never nearby. My NSX was right near the cross walk where hundreds of John & Joan Q. Publics were spilling off the sidewalk and into the NSX's and I was a little nervous about so many people, kids, and strollers going directly past my car first, so occasionally I'd be sure to walk by it and check things out. I took a break during dinner to walk over for a minute and finally I see someone standing at the driver's side and upon walking up to him, I see a child sitting in the front seat bouncing around, gripping the wheel and playing pretend vroom-vroom. I introduce myself and say something nice about the car and the guy starts talking in complimentary tones too but in a really odd way that at first isn't obvious that.....this doesn't own the car, doesn't know the owner, and get permission to let his kid sit in and crawl around. :eek: His farmer overalls like he just came from the field helped cement the nuttiness of what was going on here. I introduced him to the idea of undoing what they were doing and went back to the guys I was eating with, explained to them what I just saw. Some dropped their food and bolted to make sure their cars were OK. I think I was eating with Jake, Ben Lin, Jhae, maybe Miled, I forget... I never got to meet the owner but I warned some NSXCA folk nearby and also everyone I ran into to watch their cars. Never again will I leave my car windows down & unlocked at a show if I plan to walk away, especially if the show is in a city (or farm country!) environment full of non-car people.

Be warned for any next time so you won't be relaying a story like this someday. :)

Last edited:
You would not believe how often parents let their kids go crazy with new cars in our showroom. Some people shouldn't be allowed to reproduce.:mad:

a lady driving behind me yesterday while i was cruising at like 40 for the entire time she was behind me, decided to roll up next to me at a stop light, roll down her window, flip me off and complain that my car is too loud, that she had a baby in the car and I should be more considerate of others... :confused:

a lady driving behind me yesterday while i was cruising at like 40 for the entire time she was behind me, decided to roll up next to me at a stop light, roll down her window, flip me off and complain that my car is too loud, that she had a baby in the car and I should be more considerate of others... :confused:

Pity her. She will go through life angry and unhappy.

GREAT anecdotes!

I especially love:

...kicking himself partially for getting just another Ferrari instead of having something unique.

...I ask him why he just didn't get one instead of the 911? He just stares and mumbles that his girlfriend didn't really like the NSX so he got a 911. I tell him good luck in making his dream happen...but secretly we both know that will never happen...just another guy that buys things to impress other people instead of doing/getting what he really wants.

...Ferrari and 911 guys LOVE our cars and wish they had been more original or smarter about their car purchase.

Shhhh! They can't know that we know! Keep being nice to them!

Today I was at the tint shop. A young buck there asked me if my car had a K series or a B series motor? I replied neither it's a C30. He says oh yeah, right a C30. I don't think he had a clue of what car from Honda was in front of him, but he did admire. Ahhh, youth. You only have it once then it's gone.

yesterday, getting in my car after getting my unobtanium key cut, random girl in car passing by yells that she likes the car, im hot, yells out her number, blah blah blah... and then first light i stop at after a camry rolls up next to me with a dude in his 70s, looks over and asks if the i get any girls in the car... priceless irony

A group of young boys who were walking by my house spotted the car in the garage while I was working on it. As they walked up the driveway to look at the car one of them, obviously trying to impress his friends with his knowledge of cars, asked if it was a LaFerrari. When I told them that it was an NSX I could hear them discussing as the huddled together that since they never heard of an NSX it had to be more exotic than the Ferrari.

A group of young boys who were walking by my house spotted the car in the garage while I was working on it. As they walked up the driveway to look at the car one of them, obviously trying to impress his friends with his knowledge of cars, asked if it was a LaFerrari. When I told them that it was an NSX I could hear them discussing as the huddled together that since they never heard of an NSX it had to be more exotic than the Ferrari.

They are right, it is. :)

The more I learn about, and work around, current day top-dollar priced exotics, the more I appreciate my NSX. Less computers and electronic bullsh*t to fail, less break-down headaches and repair bills, more reliability, LOADS of fun to drive...oh wait, I'm preaching to the choir here. :D

The more I learn about, and work around, current day top-dollar priced exotics, the more I appreciate my NSX. Less computers and electronic bullsh*t to fail, less break-down headaches and repair bills, more reliability, LOADS of fun to drive...oh wait, I'm preaching to the choir here. :D

Couldn't agree more!

And let's not forget far less engine fires then its Italian predecessors.:biggrin:

And let's not forget far less engine fires then its Italian predecessors.:biggrin:

Just this past weekend, I spotted a beautiful yellow Ferrari 360 Modena in traffic. As I worked my way closer to it, I noticed that it had a personalized license plate that said "FRAGILE". Made me LOL :biggrin:

Just this past weekend, I spotted a beautiful yellow Ferrari 360 Modena in traffic. As I worked my way closer to it, I noticed that it had a personalized license plate that said "FRAGILE". Made me LOL :biggrin:

Remember, I work in the service department at Ferrari. I can tell you that plate is more true than you think. ;)

I don't know if this is funny or sad or what....beats me.

I have put 5k miles on my BB 99 in two years. It gets noticed, but not all that much, which is fine by me. Enter stage right the BB 91. From 10 yards away, the cars look almost identical expect the 91 sits a lot lower. After 3k miles in 4 months I find that the 91 gets 10 times the attention for some reason, and the guys who come up to it and pore over it seem to think that it is in fantastic shape, beautiful condition. Completely ignoring the runs in the paint, over spray, rock chips, front bumper gouge etc. I drive off shaking my head, but do still appreciate them taking the time to comment....:eek:)

Last edited:
I don't know if this is funny or sad or what....beats me.

I have put 5k miles on my BB 99 in two years. It gets noticed, but not all that much, which is fine by me. Enter stage right the BB 91. From 10 yards away, the cars look almost identical expect the 91 sits a lot lower. After 3k miles in 4 months I find that the 91 gets 10 times the attention for some reason, and the guys who come up to it and pore over it seem to think that it is in fantastic shape, beautiful condition. Completely ignoring the runs in the paint, over spray, rock chips, front bumper gouge etc. I drive off shaking my head, but do still appreciate them taking the time to comment....:eek:)

They can probably sense the disturbance in the force caused by the intercooled CTSC. The LE37s probably don't hurt, either.

I was in my garage this past Sunday afternoon waxing my new (to me) 1994 Acura Vigor (write-up on that). I heard some guy out on the street zooming around on a four wheeler. All of a sudden he skidded to a stop, cut the motor, yelled from 2 houses down, "That is NOT AN NSX!" Then he fired up the ATV, drove over to my place and proceeded to ask me if if the car was "real." I assured him that it was. It totally made his day seeing it. Apparently he lives two streets over and drives a Mitsubishi EVO. Guess the NSX makes a good conversation piece for meeting the neighbors.

vigor_nsx.jpg

just pick up the car from getting it wrapped. It looks spectacular. I need gas for the 90 minute drive home so I pull into the first gas station I can find, a Shell station. I pull to the pump and the guy next to me in a Ford F-150 yells over to me "Is that an NSX? You don't see many of them around. You are one bad ass!" I grinned the whole way home.

What is this car? Is this really an Acura?

Yes.

It reminds me of a Camaro.... or a Corvette....

It actually is a Corvette..... lol, just kidding, it is an Acura.

This was all in good fun with a woman that had come to my house to demo me a Rainbow.
First time I've heard of a Camaro similarity (maybe because of the pop-ups??).

What is this car? Is this really an Acura?

Yes.

It reminds me of a Camaro.... or a Corvette....

It actually is a Corvette..... lol, just kidding, it is an Acura.

This was all in good fun with a woman that had come to my house to demo me a Rainbow.
First time I've heard of a Camaro similarity (maybe because of the pop-ups??).

Nope...the NSX reminds people of the early '90's Camaro because Camaros are way, WAY more prevalent, AND because Chevrolet tried to COPY the NSX "look"!

All they achieved was a bloated-looking "sorta" kit-car NSX'ish appearance...of course, when accused, Chevy claimed they were not trying to copy the NSX style...in fact insinuating just the opposite, that Honda stole the design from them...LOL!!!

>

Attachments

• 1991-Acura-NSX-left-profile.jpg
    1991-Acura-NSX-left-profile.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 189
  • ChevroletCamaroZ28_01.jpg
    ChevroletCamaroZ28_01.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:

It just occurred to me that the Modena driver is probably Italian and his last name is "FRAGILE", which is of course pronounced "Fra-gee-lay", just like in "A Christmas Story". Now it makes sense :tongue:

It just occurred to me that the Modena driver is probably Italian and his last name is "FRAGILE", which is of course pronounced "Fra-gee-lay", just like in "A Christmas Story". Now it makes sense :tongue:
Fra-gee-lay, it must be Italian honey! No I think that says fragile dear. Love that movie, it is embedded into my families dna.

Nope...the NSX reminds people of the early '90's Camaro because Camaros are way, WAY more prevalent, AND because Chevrolet tried to COPY the NSX "look"!

All they achieved was a bloated-looking "sorta" kit-car NSX'ish appearance...of course, when accused, Chevy claimed they were not trying to copy the NSX style...in fact insinuating just the opposite, that Honda stole the design from them...LOL!!!

>

Good explanation and comparison pictures, George. Thanks!
Without seeing those two pictures side by side, I would've never made that "connection".

Not to thread jack, but has anyone ever driven one of those Camaro firebirds? The dash is so long that it feels you're driving a car from the back seat.

Back