• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Whats the funniest thing anyone's said about your car?

I haven't seen mine yet except in pictures, but on the Miata board I frequent I already got a "I thought that was a Ferrari" but it was probably because he glanced at the thumbnail, once he opened the pic full size he recognized it as an NSX.

I can't believe anyone would think of a Corvette when seeing the car, the design "language" is all different.

In a few months I'll get to meet my NSX and contribute to this thread, I'm sure. I'd bet many Fayetteville, NC locals have never knowingly seen an NSX before.

A lot of people mistake it for a C5 Vette, as they share a similar side profile. This is no accident however. Chevy designed the C5 after purchasing, dissassembling and analyzing a NSX. :D

I guess if one were to squint just so, or knew nothing about cars, or was five, that they look the same. :)

This thread makes me re-think de-badging the car. I'll just badge it a Honda and see what comments that elicits.

Had a guy walk up to me and ask "What kind of Testarossa is that"? :rolleyes:

At a gas station filling up when a girl in a new Acura RL asks me what kind of car is that. I said it's a Honda, just like yours, and she gets an attitude and said "Mine's an Acura not a Honda". I just said O.K. with a big smile.:biggrin:

Outside a posh restaurant, valet came running up holding what looked like a newer Nissan smart-key fob, "I can't get your car started, he exclaims to the owner. I chime in, "Let me have a look at it, I'm pretty good with Nissan cars." The owner, obviously pissed, yells, "It's an INFINITI!", as she grabs the key fob. I tell her, "Yeah, whatever, it's an over-priced Nissan." (FTR, it was a G35 sedan...)

I just had to take the jab...

I was at a Cars & Coffee meet in Scottsdale and a guy with a Ferrari Testorossa comes up to me and says you know what they call your NSX? I said no, go ahead and tell me. They call your NSX the dependable Ferrari look alike. I responded by saying, well I can tell you this that I know my NSX will start up every time I get in it. He responded by saying, you got me there as I never know wether my Ferrari will start.

I was getting my glass tinted today and this father and son team comes in. The son says to his dad, "nice car, what is it"? Dad responds confidently, "that's a corvette". I didn't want to make the dad look bad in front of his son so I tell them it's actually an NSX and that it gets mistaken for a corvette a lot. The dad had this puzzled look and says "oh, I didn't look closely enough". Son asks who makes it and the dad says "Nissan"! I keep quiet while shaking my head.

I have had mine called a Camaro...tsk tsk

Was in a town in PA on the river over the weekend with my 92 and the
chief must have seen me pull in and park.
Soon after I was sitting at the bar and he approached me to let me know that the NSX was his all-time favorite car and that he never had a chance to site in one. I told him it was open and enjoy and if he had time after I could take him for a spin. <o:p></o:p>

He didn’t take me up on the spin but he did provide us with wonderful appetizers on the house <o:p></o:p>
People really do love these cars <o:p></o:p>

Shortly after I bought mine last year I visited my son's elementary school. I parked it in the street right next to the playground. I heard one of the kids say, "Wow, look at that. A Ferrari." Another kid next to him said "No way! Even cooler, it's a new Camaro."

Two days ago while filling up with fuel a guy pulled up at the other pump across from me in a 10-year old pickup. He got out and said, "Wow, I didn't know the C7 Corvette was out already!"

In a few months I'll get to meet my NSX and contribute to this thread, I'm sure. I'd bet many Fayetteville, NC locals have never knowingly seen an NSX before.

You're in for a treat.

I got the normal attention in Raleigh but in Fayetteville there's almost a personal wealth cap to some degree. You will not see too much outside of the typical STi, Evo, vette, high end mustang. However one night we go to BWW and there was an R8 there and I'm sure I said something along the lines of "who is the baller with the R8 in Fayetteville?"

When we were walking out there were 3 younger guys walking out in front of us and I heard "jesus, an R8 now an NSX, what the hell is going on in this town?". I got a chuckle out of that.

Let me know when you get back.

To be fair the lines are very similar. I think of the Camaro, Firebird and 3000GT as the ugly siblings. You can tell there is a genetic and family resemblance but one is clearly hotter than the other three....

Oh I will man, we'll have to give this town a shock. :D

I've seen a couple GT-Rs and Maseratis on Bragg, and the occasional authentic DC2-R, even a RHD one. But yeah other than that, the usual suspects. Especially the Mustangs, trucks, and motorcycles. They're just about standard issue. Yawn. I don't mean to be a snob, but IMO it shows a lack of imagination to get a Mustang or a Brodozer in Fayetteville, knowwhatImean?

Can't wait to take my 22 y/o C7 Vette for a spin.

Oh I will man, we'll have to give this town a shock. :D

I've seen a couple GT-Rs and Maseratis on Bragg, and the occasional authentic DC2-R, even a RHD one. But yeah other than that, the usual suspects. Especially the Mustangs, trucks, and motorcycles. They're just about standard issue. Yawn. I don't mean to be a snob, but IMO it shows a lack of imagination to get a Mustang or a Brodozer in Fayetteville, knowwhatImean?

Can't wait to take my 22 y/o C7 Vette for a spin.

You're right, it's a HUGE lack of imagination. It's not as if the car isn't financially unobtainable by any normal standards.

What's the brodozer btw? I love the name.

A patient of mine who's name shall remain confidental, who has won 24hrs Le Mans, always reminds me that the NSX would have been a great car if it had more power and didn't come with a V6. :D

I was driving around with a friend, showing him where I lived in my high school years. My friend pipes up and asks, "Why is everyone looking at us? Oh, it must be the car."

Speednight event near Paris:

1st guy: "Oh, just look at the FEF (Ferrari)!"
2nd guy: "No, look a the H emblem, it's a Hyundai"

Ignorant... o_O

Hyundai. Wow...

Went to go get some desert last night at Sonic and after I ordered my Oreo Blast pulled up to the drive though window guy said to me "man, I thought that was a Ferrari", lol!

A few years ago I was going to work one morning, had some decently loud rap music going and I have tinted widows (doesn't lend to a very inviting personality generally), and some old man (65-70 yrs) at a light beside me signals me to roll down my window, I embarrasingly lower my window (I don't like disturbing others with my music or anything) and he asks, "did it come like that?" to which I reply, "well I lowered it and put bigger wheels on it" and he goes "beautiful, it's perfect (with the ok hand gesture)"

It was great because I had just broken up with my gf a few weeks ago and was going through a tough time, adding the fact that I'm ethnic (and was listening to loud rap music) yet the gentlemen had no preconceived notions and simply admired the car was very uplifting and gave me serious positive vibes during a tough time.

It's not too uncommon to hear strangers ask me "yo, is that a type R?" when I'm driving the integra... Well, I finally got it today in the NSX. I was a little bewildered.

Funniest thing said today, I was in the waiting area of the dealership this morning waiting for my annual inspection and this dude comes around the corner and sees it in the window right out front and he said "is dat nsx? cot damn somebody got a lot of monay". I just chucked and said "oh, it's 13 years old".

I was at a Cars & Coffee meet in Scottsdale and a guy with a Ferrari Testorossa comes up to me and says you know what they call your NSX? I said no, go ahead and tell me. They call your NSX the dependable Ferrari look alike. I responded by saying, well I can tell you this that I know my NSX will start up every time I get in it. He responded by saying, you got me there as I never know wether my Ferrari will start.

I think I may have met the same Testarossa guy at C & C when he was trying to get his car to unlock, it was being cranky and he followed likewise... I walked away before saying anything snarky to him

Most the F-car guys have been pretty cool though and a few have noted that they also have an NSX at home in their "collection"

Back