• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Whats the funniest thing anyone's said about your car?

Just got another one...

Was out in my driveway installing a Power Inverter in my work truck with both garage doors wide open when I was up under the hood feeding the 2 AWG wire through the firewall and a neighbor walked by (younger guy walking some foo-foo dog) says "Hey man, that's a sick Corvette". I replied hesitantly "Thanks.... but its actually a '92 Acura NSX", to which he responds "Oh, that must be where Chevy stole the idea for the Corvette design". I said "Maybe" and kept working on my truck and his last words as he started to walk away were "Well, it's still a sick ass car!".

FML...

guy seems pretty cool to me to imply that chevy stole the idea instead of being visa versa.

Was pulling up to window of a Taco Bell drive-thru and the guy working there said "Thats the loudest car I've ever heard, do you make race videos?"

Funny to me since I was just idling and I have one of the quietest aftermarket exhausts (CT-Engineering Gen2 Exhaust).

guy seems pretty cool to me to imply that chevy stole the idea instead of being visa versa.

Yeah, although I'm not a huge fan of someone thinking it's a Corvette. I don't blame him I guess, lol, some people just aren't car people. The "FML" was more because someone thought it was a Corvette... I'm not overly thrilled with that comparison, lol.

Fortunately though, most people just give the "Sweet car" or "Sick car man!" style comments when I drive it. 99% of the time I have the windows up, otherwise people want to start talking at stop lights, but every time I get out someone comments about it. It makes a guy feel good in his choice of vehicle, that's for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Coconut - that is Awesome!

I rained on the parade of some dude at Home Depot in his c4 'Vette the other day. It was beat to piss and he pulled up blaring some 80's butt rock - the car was a brownish tan in the back and black up front with solid style flames going to the back. He was definitely getting looks in it, but I think it was because people couldn't believe their eyes (in a negative connotation). Well, when he was walking in I was getting in my car. He had just stepped inside the door of the store when I fired my car up (with the Pride V2 exhaust and test pipes) and it makes a pretty good growl upon ignition. I saw him actually stick his head back out the door when he heard it. I could see the "damn, that car is sweeter than mine" in his eyes as I pulled away, chuckling to myself a bit.

Last edited:
Yeah, although I'm not a huge fan of someone thinking it's a Corvette. I don't blame him I guess, lol, some people just aren't car people. The "FML" was more because someone thought it was a Corvette... I'm not overly thrilled with that comparison, lol.

Fortunately though, most people just give the "Sweet car" or "Sick car man!" style comments when I drive it. 99% of the time I have the windows up, otherwise people want to start talking at stop lights, but every time I get out someone comments about it. It makes a guy feel good in his choice of vehicle, that's for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Coconut - that is Awesome!

I rained on the parade of some dude at Home Depot in his c4 'Vette the other day. It was beat to piss and he pulled up blaring some 80's butt rock - the car was a brownish tan in the back and black up front with solid style flames going to the back. He was definitely getting looks in it, but I think it was because people couldn't believe their eyes (in a negative connotation). Well, when he was walking in I was getting in my car. He had just stepped inside the door of the store when I fired my car up (with the Pride V2 exhaust and test pipes) and it makes a pretty good growl upon ignition. I saw him actually stick his head back out the door when he heard it. I could see the "damn, that car is sweeter than mine" in his eyes as I pulled away, chuckling to myself a bit.

Did he have a mullet?

Took the NSX to work today. Came out at lunch and a Porsche had parked next to me (pic below). At the end of the workday, it was a Mercedes SLK320 and the guy happened to be walking to his car at the same time I was walking to mine. "Jeeze, and I thought MY car was low to the ground," he said.

nsx_at_office.jpg

Did he have a mullet?

I figured with the description of the car it was implied, but yes - in 2013, some sad mofo is still rocking a Mullet. It was well kept though from my recollection, not hanging down to his ass.

A few stories that happened during ownership of my 04 Rio.

1. I met two female friends of mine at the Cheesecake Factory at a local mall. The weather was beautiful, so I had the top off. As I roll up to the restaurant, the perfect parking spot is open, which is Cheesecake Factory only parking. Since the car was right up front, I decided to leave the roof off and rolled up the windows. We finished eating and as I walked out, I noticed there was this beautiful blonde and her boyfriend checking the car out. As I am walking out to the car, two guys in front of me are talking. One guy says "man, I should just kick his ass, take the car, and take his girl." Overhearing this, I chuckled. I guess I chuckled loud enough for them to hear me. Both of them turned around and one of the guys asked "what are you laughing about?"

I said "you are welcome to do as you wish, but the car is staying where it is". I pulled out the key and hit the unlock button. Both of the guys said "ooooh" at the same time and apologized to me! At the same time, the blonde was hanging over the drivers side window and when I hit the unlock button, she jumped back and began looking around. She saw me, smiled, and waved to me. Her boyfriend on the other hand, gave me an "eat shit and die look", grabbed her arm, and proceeded to walk away.

I just shook my head and laughed.

2. A friend of mine convinced me to take the NSX to DC once. When we arrived, I valet parked the car. When I to out of the car, I noted two girls and a guy standing there. One of the girls said "who is that!!". The guy responds "oh, he plays for the Redskins" in a very nonchalant voice.

3. I went to a local bar with friends. While I was there, I had noticed this one girl, but didn't say anything to her. I left a while later, got the in the car and started reversing. As I was reversing, the girl I noticed came out and said "hey, nice car!!". I said "thanks" and stalled. lol

I only got to drive the LBBP twice when I was home last, so no stories yet on that one.

A few stories that happened during ownership of my 04 Rio.

1. I met two female friends of mine at the Cheesecake Factory at a local mall. The weather was beautiful, so I had the top off. As I roll up to the restaurant, the perfect parking spot is open, which is Cheesecake Factory only parking. Since the car was right up front, I decided to leave the roof off and rolled up the windows. We finished eating and as I walked out, I noticed there was this beautiful blonde and her boyfriend checking the car out. As I am walking out to the car, two guys in front of me are talking. One guy says "man, I should just kick his ass, take the car, and take his girl." Overhearing this, I chuckled. I guess I chuckled loud enough for them to hear me. Both of them turned around and one of the guys asked "what are you laughing about?"

I said "you are welcome to do as you wish, but the car is staying where it is". I pulled out the key and hit the unlock button. Both of the guys said "ooooh" at the same time and apologized to me! At the same time, the blonde was hanging over the drivers side window and when I hit the unlock button, she jumped back and began looking around. She saw me, smiled, and waved to me. Her boyfriend on the other hand, gave me an "eat shit and die look", grabbed her arm, and proceeded to walk away.

I just shook my head and laughed.

2. A friend of mine convinced me to take the NSX to DC once. When we arrived, I valet parked the car. When I to out of the car, I noted two girls and a guy standing there. One of the girls said "who is that!!". The guy responds "oh, he plays for the Redskins" in a very nonchalant voice.

3. I went to a local bar with friends. While I was there, I had noticed this one girl, but didn't say anything to her. I left a while later, got the in the car and started reversing. As I was reversing, the girl I noticed came out and said "hey, nice car!!". I said "thanks" and stalled. lol

I only got to drive the LBBP twice when I was home last, so no stories yet on that one.

Your NSX must be special because yours is the only one that I have seen that actually attracts women instead of men.

This is SO nothing new as I am pretty sure I've seen this comment on this thread, but a couple of weekends ago at a cruise-in someone said to me "these cars were just a Prelude on steroids, right?"

Um, no. So I launched into my 30-second elevator speech whether he wanted to hear it or not. Prelude was front-engined, front-drive, Preludes had I4 engines, NSX has V6 . . . . . NSX is mid-engined, rear-drive, first car sold in US with variable valve timing, all aluminum body, aluminum suspension pieces, all hand-built, hand-built engine with titanium connecting rods, (one of the?) first cars with four-channel ABS . . . . by the time I finished the guy's eyebrows were raised and his mouth was literally opened, like his jaw had dropped.

Sigh.

This is SO nothing new as I am pretty sure I've seen this comment on this thread, but a couple of weekends ago at a cruise-in someone said to me "these cars were just a Prelude on steroids, right?"

Um, no. So I launched into my 30-second elevator speech whether he wanted to hear it or not. Prelude was front-engined, front-drive, Preludes had I4 engines, NSX has V6 . . . . . NSX is mid-engined, rear-drive, first car sold in US with variable valve timing, all aluminum body, aluminum suspension pieces, all hand-built, hand-built engine with titanium connecting rods, (one of the?) first cars with four-channel ABS . . . . by the time I finished the guy's eyebrows were raised and his mouth was literally opened, like his jaw had dropped.

Sigh.
LOL. I've had that one once also. But your answer was much better than my "are you stupid or what" look. Though I got a new one, at least for me, on the way back from your place. We stopped for gas near Orlando and this guy came running out of the store all excited to see my car. Then he asks me if it's the new Corvette. I just laughed and said thank you. My son Drew gave him the news about the car. The guy was still happy to see a car he'd never seen before. It's amazing how a car so old gets mistaken for cars much newer.

Yesterday a friend who is moving to Arizona wanted to borrow my lawn mower (yes I know its winter) to cut the grass since he didn't do it before winter hit and it was some what warm. In order to get the lawn mower out (w/o getting too close to my baby) I had to back the NSX out. I will tell you my seats and carpet are out so backing the NSX was a slight challenge. Anyway while we are loading the mower into his truck, two high school kids are walking by and one says awww man thats a ferrari...other kid says sweet jesus. The first kid says thats a Ferrari 380 spider. Other kid replies "are you sure" "yuuuupppp, its got a 3.8L V10 with 650hp. My friend raises an eyebrow at me, I just smiled and shook my head.

One time at a car show with the front hood open. Lady asked me where the engine was? Since I did not have the spare tire in for the show. I pointed to Heater Blower Unit and the battery. I said.... "It is one those Electric Car ..She said, REALLY.. My Brain was saying "tell her the truth" ....but my month goes " YEP"

" aaafront hood.jpg

I have an idiot friend that apparently thinks all my cars are 4 wheel drive. He thought the corvette (sold) was 4 wheel drive, he seemed shocked to find out the NSX wasn't 4 wheel drive, and yet he sees my 4Runner (DD) all the time and he's not once asked if that one is 4 wheel drive, which would make him correct for once in his life.

+1 sounded like a genuine compliment. and besides didn't the c5 vette share many similarities with the corvette that werent merely coincidences?

There is this one guy at work who I see from time to time when I arrive, who says he wants to do it with my car. Also sometimes when he sees me from a distance he will do the "Make it rain" hand thing lol. I think it's pretty funny haha.

I had my X in for an oil change today and a lady in the waiting area looked out the window and asked me "Is that my loaner?"

Her stock dropped sharply when she asked "What is it?".

I had a guy walking by with his friend while I was waiting at a light at downtown Orlando. I was looking at something on my phone. I heard him yell "what is that a 4 cylinder" and his friend started laughing. I didn't realize they even said it until I started driving and I said to myself "wait did that really just happen?" I wouldn't have said anything back. But I should have gave him a deafening rev because of my exhaust and headers

one of the best stories thus far imo.

The weather last Friday was perfect for a night drive with the targa off. So I took a short drive into downtown San Antonio. While waiting at a stop light, this dude walking across the street stops dead in front of my car and says the following "M***** F***! That orange M***** F***er is M***** F***ing bad ass! Daaamn M***** F***er!" I wasn't sure if I should thank him or fear him.

This happened a while ago and been meaning to post it for the longest time.

One night, was driving to the store after dinner with my girlfriend. Stopped at a light, a Camry pulls up next to us. The young guy instantly goes "Nice car" (or something to that affect) followed by "Mmm, Mmm you got them Enkei wheels! Mmmmm" (the Mmm sound is almost akin to Yumm Yumm, basically making a sound for something delicious). I said thanks or something and don't really remember the rest of the encounter, but my girlfriend was laughing forever afterwards and still tells that story to everybody. Also, it was nighttime so I don't know how the guy was able to read Enkei off of my wheels, plus they're NA1-R wheels so not exactly common Enkei wheels either.

I see vette owners all the time drive by me or at a light and they seem to hate the fact im in an nsx. scowl on the face no kidding. STi owners, supras, r8, etc all give me a thumbs up. go figure.
Driving back from NSXPO last year, I distinctly remember crossing paths on a curvy section of a two-lane road with a red C6 Corvette (looked really clean too) and the driver giving me a hand-on-steering wheel wave, which I returned.

Umm transam pulling up and asking me if my car can do anything beside being shiny .... So i did 1st pull 2 pull and saw him way behind me shaking and rumbling .... Which followed with him going to the far lane and me yelling american muscle lol

One and only time i got dissed

Back