• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What's the highest credit score attainable?

Unless you live totally "off the grid" like one of those bad guy CIA spies in the movies, credit scores affects EVERYONES LIVES for sure! :wink: Anyone who thinks otherwise is simply ignorant.

With that said, I appreciate the info since I always learn something new about credit scores each time I have to deal with them. I know my score is currently at 804 which I'm quite proud so you can imagine when my bro claims a 917, it got me VERY CURIOUS on how it was done. Glad you guys answered that for me and I appreciate it.

My last run in with Experian/Equifax/Transunion was right out of college when I was trying to buy a house. My scores were all in the mid 700's but with when buying a house most lenders run all 3 bureaus and take the middle score which was 737.

I found out there was a 60 day delinquent, past due and CLOSED status for this $47.16 electricity bill at my old college apartment. Obviously I would have paid it but with all the constant moves in college it must have got lost in the shuffle and took me nearly 14 months and 7 letters to straighten out. By the time it was all said and done, the derogatory mark was about to fall off my record (3 years I think)....sheesh

Back