• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Whats the matter with the sellers?

I have had two negative experiences with private sellers on the Prime this year. The first was blackvegasnsxt, and the incident is posted in a separate thread.
The second was an item which I paid for, just to be informed it was still on his car. It was supposed to be removed within a week. After three weeks and several unanswered PMs, I received my refund today because he had decided to keep the item on the car.

Whats up? I do not believe all Prime members are genetlemens, but I do expect a certain level of honesty. If you put an item up for sale, and accept the offer, it should be shipped. If it is still on the car to be removed, the buyer should be informed before closing the deal.

I also expect parts for sale to be "mint condition" unless otherwise stated. If you sell a used clutch, there is of course signs of wear. If you sell body-parts, there might be small rock chips in the paint, etc. Major flaws should always be described and ideally documentet with photos.

I am fully aware of the risks involved in buying from unknown, private sellers. I am also confident with the Prime´s rules and advises for the forum. Nevertheless, I have through my years of ownership had only positive experiences with helpful and honest members. I sincerely hope my to incidents do not represent a new standard for the Prime as it is the best car forum I have ever joined.

I feel for you. I had a similar situation with a seller. I received a paypal refund from seller this morning saying that his shipping department broke the CF Console:confused:. To my knowledge, I sent him a Via Paypal pyt for $50 for his CF Center console which was listed on the FS forum on Feb/04/11. He advised that he will ship when he see the pyt. The pyt was received on Feb/04/11 per paypal email. I then asked him for the tracking # later that day since he advised it will ship out right away. His response was very rude and obnoxious for my liking. I won't get to deep with it.
I guess his shipping dept took it back to him days after it was shipped. What a coincidence (SACASTICALLY), or he didn't want to sell it to me again. It's all good at least I got my pyt back..

RK..

Back