• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Whats up with me & PORSCHEs??

One smoked me the other day and saw one being wrecked on the highway. It was raining, & saw something taking the curve pretty fast on the opposite lane. It spun out of control, hit the divider and landed on the ditch. It was a Boxer. Must be his worst day. Checked on the driver & he was okay! Becareful guys!! Smoked story!

SLEEK X said:
It was a Boxer.
Boxer = Ferrari
Boxster = Porsche

Unless, of course, you're talking about one of these:

lgpuppy.jpeg

fighters_photo_jonesjr.jpg

Thought the thread title is enuf......but my BAD!!....IT IS A PORSCHE BOXER...try to get the VIN next time!:D

nsxtasy said:
Boxer = Ferrari

Because they liked to use engine having opposed cylinders banks ( 180 degrees )

So Boxer is related to engine configuration and to really add to confusion we can also say

Porsche = Boxer

not for the Boxster case but for the 911 case! :)

Am I right?

Too bad...
It's driving like that that made Porsche put a huge "911" on the back of their cars. :D That's the number to call. ;)

Glad the driver was okay. good on you for checking on him. many people just drive on.

effer said:
Because they liked to use engine having opposed cylinders banks ( 180 degrees )

So Boxer is related to engine configuration and to really add to confusion we can also say

Porsche = Boxer

not for the Boxster case but for the 911 case! :)

Am I right?
Yes, it is a reference to the horizontally opposed engine, which is also called a "boxer" (or a "flat" engine, such as a "flat six") in other models, including the 911 (and some Subarus, I believe).

However, the Ferrari was called the "Berlinetta Boxer" (later abbreviated to "BB", as in 512BB), and that's the only model designation (I'm aware of) that has "Boxer" in its name.

Back