• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What's worse than crashing a new Porsche?

DOH! :eek: Reminds of that ship that tipped over and totalled a few of the first BMW M3's headed this way a year or so ago. :tongue:

Just some cars. Still strikes me as odd how often trains continue to run into each other.

"Cars in disasters like that usually get bought up by auto wholesalers"
I had an adjuster friend in the insurance biz, once the insurance pays off, the cars involved usually go back to the mfr for recycling, shredding, etc in order to mitigate any warranty/product liability issues.

That may be true prior to the initial owner registration, by some manufacturers, but not all of them.

I remember a GM dealership that was having their lot repaved, and there was a Cat bulldozer parked at the end of a row of cars overnight. A vandal jumped into the dozer, and started it up, leaving about 20 crushed new vehicles in its wake.

Those vehicles were not returned to GM, they were written off by insurance and sold at SMI, a salvage auction that's based near here.

I know someone else who yesterday asked me about a car that he's considering purchasing.....a flood damaged 2009 Accord EX V6 coupe.

Last edited:
a train full of new acura tsx's wrecked a few years ago and flooded the market with cheap tsx k24 motors for all the honda k series kiddies.

that was a bitter sweet victory for the honda community:tongue:

the train full of porsches was a sad day for sure, but LOL at the "i sure hope AIG wasnt the insurance company" comment on the article

Well atleast it wasnt a train full of nothing but GT3's or something like that. :biggrin: Lets hope there was more Boxters in there than anything else.lol

Back