• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What's Your Greateast Fear

You never can know your greatest fear until it actually happens.

For me?

Holding my newborn child while she bled to death, knowing there was no way to stop what was happening. For two hours, my barely cognitive wife and I held our greatest achievement in our hands and helplessly watched the life drain out of her while our parents watched on in anguished silence. And the hardest part was days later listening to my wife explain how she can't even fully remember the images because of the total exhaustion, extensive invasive surgery, and massive pain killers.

And then our NiCoal, our rescue mastiff and canine daughter, dies a painful, cancerous death a short month later. The grieving never even has a chance to subside.

And through it all, we know others have suffered far worse in their lives.
Wow that is terrible to read, I am very sorry to hear this.

There are far too many terrible things in life, I just hope to see my family / friends / children all live peaceful lives and explore life to their full potential.

We can't live our lives in fear, for we will never accomplish anything. But we should also appreciate what we have and are given, so we can really enjoy the great lives that we have.

Last edited:
Thank you. I can't lie though, I don't always feel so confident about the rest of my life, but does anyone? All I can do is put the most effort into what needs to be done and be positive, that's really where that statement comes from.
you're welcome. as for confidence in life ... we all have / deal with that in our lives. sometimes we think we're masters of the universe and sometimes we know that with a tiny misstep we'll be road kill ... just factor it in and keep on keepin' on.

You never can know your greatest fear until it actually happens.

For me?

Holding my newborn child while she bled to death, knowing there was no way to stop what was happening. For two hours, my barely cognitive wife and I held our greatest achievement in our hands and helplessly watched the life drain out of her while our parents watched on in anguished silence. And the hardest part was days later listening to my wife explain how she can't even fully remember the images because of the total exhaustion, extensive invasive surgery, and massive pain killers.

And then our NiCoal, our rescue mastiff and canine daughter, dies a painful, cancerous death a short month later. The grieving never even has a chance to subside.

And through it all, we know others have suffered far worse in their lives.
very sad to read up until the last sentence, which is very true.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VDss8V2OME4?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VDss8V2OME4?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

My daughter dying before me.

I don't think I could live without her being in my life and I pray to god it doesn't happen. I'd happily take whatever came at me to protect her...I'm only 35 and feel I've had one F-ing amazing life so far. Very thankful to be where and how I am but want that same opportunity for Cielle.

Back