• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wheel Alignment

Just put a new pair of rear tires on. Got 20,000 kms out of the previous pair. The shop just got new alignment machine and I have to say it has made a big difference in traction for me. I had some previous issues in the rain (rear end would slide alot) and figured it was due mainly to my choice in tire and not having enough pressure. That said after this alignment I no longer have any problems in the rain now. Thought I would share this in case anyone else is have traction issues in the rain. A good alignment does make a big difference :smile:

Attachments

• alignment_may10.jpg
    alignment_may10.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 156
Just put a new pair of rear tires on. Got 20,000 kms out of the previous pair. The shop just got new alignment machine and I have to say it has made a big difference in traction for me. I had some previous issues in the rain (rear end would slide alot) and figured it was due mainly to my choice in tire and not having enough pressure. That said after this alignment I no longer have any problems in the rain now. Thought I would share this in case anyone else is have traction issues in the rain. A good alignment does make a big difference :smile:
Based on what you've posted, the improvement in traction in the rain is probably due for the most part (if not entirely) from the greater tread depth of your new tires compared with the ones they replaced. The Tire Rack has conducted tests of braking distance on wet pavement, and found that tires worn down to 2/32" (at which point they must be replaced) have double the braking distance of new tires, and tires worn down to 4/32" have 50 percent more braking distance than new tires.

Actually, I had traction issues from day one with the same tires when they were brand new. I know what you mean in regards to tread depth. The water needs somewhere to go. No tread = Hydroplaning

I attached the previous alignment numbers that I was running at when I was having issues. thx :smile:

Back