• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wheel Cleaner Part2

comquat1 said:
Wussies.... :tongue: :biggrin:

I agree:biggrin:

2nd of all - why haven't you cleaned your rims since last summer.:biggrin: :biggrin:

Just messing with you guys. Interesting stuff. Has anybody tried it to get the caked in brake dust. I have brake dust that won't come off my track rims. any recommendations?

i think donwon and i both had plenty of caked brake dust. perhaps not as much as a set of track rims, but there was still brake dust galore.

I purchased 2 bottles of RimJuice a month ago. The package arrived very well boxed, both bottles sealed tightly with wrap over the tops, and packed in zip locks. The sprayers were separatly packed and you just need to put them on. Any how, I tried this stuff on my BMW 540i wheels that are a pita to clean. About 2 dozen small holes. Getting brake dust off the outside smooth part of the wheel is never that hard, it's all about getting the little corners and BEHIND the wheel clean. If the inside rim of the wheel is dirty, your wheels never really look clean.

The results were amazing! I have bought every store brand wheel cleaner known to man including 100% strength simple green. Nothing even comes close. This is simple. Spray all 4 wheels with rj and then shoot it with the hose. About 80% of heavy build up comes off the first try. The rest on the 2nd try. My wheels also stay cleaner longer. What previously took me about 30-40 minutes with a brush and simple green now takes no kidding 5-6 min's.

My main bitch about wheel cleaning lying down on my wet driveway, reaching behind the wheel with a spong or scrub brush trying to get all the break dust off the inside of the rim. Rim Juice get's 90-95% off without breaking a sweat. Buy a few bottles of this stuff, you will love it.

I didn't post pix because the first post says it all.

Brian

I picked up a bottle of this last night, I have some track wheels that have about a seasons worth of brake dust plastered to them. I will definitly let you know how it goes.

Side note... I was charged shipping. So $9.99 shipped is not the price anymore.

Just wanted to say thanks to all who have tried RJ and posted results. We will be unveiling several new products by early summer - all pertaining to wheel and tire care. So I don't want to hear about anymore neglected wheels - especially DonWon!:rolleyes:

As for the shipping - had to start charging, it's a real killer.

Best - Maveric

Well I found some wheels that stood up to Rim Juice. I ran through 3 or 4 sprays, cleans and wipes and while the front cleaned up pretty nicely, the back side that hasn't ever been cleaned in 100,000 miles cleaned up OK. Maybe 90% around the inside of the rim, but the backside of the front face didn't clean up much at all. Still, one never really sees those, not a big deal, I was just hoping for the same magic on the back as occurs on the front :).

My experience with this product hasn't been so great. :frown:

I use Zaino on my wheels so they stay pretty clean as it is. Whenever I wash the car, I clean zaino-ed wheels with just a wash rag and they come out sparkling. I saw this thread and I thought I'd try this product to make my job even easier... just spray on and wash off. So I bought it and used it... okay, it did a pretty good job taking of the dust... I still had to agitate it to get everything off. After a couple of days, I noticed a ton of brake dust buildup. I would say it was 100X more than usual. I figured it was because the cleaner took the zaino off my wheels and maybe even gave them an opposite charge to that of brake dust coming off the pads. I figured I'd just clean them up, re-zaino, and forget about using rim juice. The problem is that they didn't clean up as nicely as they were pre-juice. Now they have a very faint brake dust staining on parts of the wheels. I guess its possible that I had stains on them before (which I couldn't see) and that rim juice cleaned those stains off - revealing other stains underneath. However, I don't think this was the case as they looked perfect after the first application of the juice.

Anyway, this is just my experience with the product. Take it for what its worth.

I used this product for the 1st time on my wheels about a week ago. I don't have any pictures but the wheels were in _very_ bad shape. The wheels had about a seasons worth of Cobalt VR dust on the inside of them and just about the same over the face of the wheel. I took 1 wheel off and followed the directions... I ended up doing it 3 times over.

The results were better than any wheel cleaner I have used (simple green & p21s). Chips of brake dust actually come off from the inside of the wheel and most of the dust came off from the face. But the baked-on dust on the lip of the wheels did not come off. Also the next day I noticed the baked-on dust turned a rust color.

I haven't tried the rimjuice, but have used simple green and griot's. Griot's wheels cleaner is awesome. If you haven't tried it you should.

Since you guys are spending so much time discussing Rim Juice I am going to offer a special. Even to the haters:biggrin:

Anyone that orders in the next week will pay only $5.99 - shipping included.

The price will be adjusted during checkout.

Cheers

Maveric said:
Since you guys are spending so much time discussing Rim Juice I am going to offer a special. Even to the haters:biggrin:

Cheers

I assume this is the old formula, is the new formula available yet?
When is the end of "in the next week". 5/24? Or before then?

Only New formula is available. Anyone that had trouble checking out last week - resend as my inbox was overloaded. In the next week means early June as I will need to find the time to readjust the price. LOL

Maveric said:

Cheers
One week only? You don't give us much time to catch up on all the posts here on Prime. Can the offer be extended?

Well, had some trouble cleaning my wheels that I had put away in the garage for a few weeks. Slapped the wheels back on last weekend and washed the car. Problem: Brake dust was baked onto the front wheels and would not budge. I tried cheap wheel cleaner, Simple Green, Brake dust cleaner, WD40, anything I could get my hands on! Nothing.

Naturally, came to NSX Prime and found this thread. Order the Rimjuice and got it mid week. Decided to try this stuff out today. After following directions to the second(I literally counted to 30), nothing. Applied a 2nd helping per directions, nothing. Ok....tried 3rd, 4th, 5th time. Barely any brake dust moved. I grabbed a towel and used the rimjuice with some elbow grease and the brake dust started to come out. Now that 4/5 of the rimjuice is gone, my arms are limp, STILL break dust left on my wheels!!! WTF!!!! :frown:

Maveric,

I tried going to your website (rimjuice.com), where I ordered this stuff, and requesting a refund. I filled in the message on the contact page and submitted. Result was an error message.

I ordered the RimJuice with the RimWax for $19.99 plus shipping. While I was waiting on the rimjuice to penetrate the front wheels, I used some of the RimWax on the rears. Since the RimJuice did not deliver results as advertised....can I get a partial refund? Or another order to complete my wheel cleaning?

Please let me know....

Thanks,
- Z

My experience with Rimjuice was not a positive one... First, it ate through the finish on the wheels (BBS RKII) and second, the stuff is so freakin' corrosive that it ate through the bottle, plastic bag it was stored in and ruined the set of shelves that it was sitting on. This was perhaps one of the worst products I've ever used in that it caused far more damage that it did good. Just my experience....

Back