• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wheel Collision Center (WCC) - positive experience

WCC is only an hour's drive from me and was in a Prime FAQ that listed wheel repair shops. So I gave them a try after a nasty low speed encouter with a curb at night. A 2" section of the "bead" of the rim looked like it had been gone over with a very coarse rasp, with some aluminum "smeared" beyond the outer edge. The tire sidewall was cut, so I also needed a new tire.

This rim (right rear) also had some touch-up paint to repair small scratches on the spokes from the previous owner plus some other light curb rash on the bead that I'll split the blame 50-50 with the previous owner.:rolleyes:

I dropped off the rim on a Monday and it was ready by Friday morning. WCC is a Tire Rack approved dealer, so I ordered the replacement tire from Tire Rack Monday evening and it arrived at WCC by Wednesday noon.

Before beginning work, WCC called me on Tuesday afternoon with a list of what they found and the estimate, which was the final cost.

I kept the wheel center cap and asked WCC to do the '96 OEM factory color. The repaired wheel looks like it never left the factory. The color match to the original center cap is perfect. The only thing that surprised me is they finished the entire rim in the OEM color, not just the outside face.

Work included straightening, welding, blasting off the old finish, paint & clear coat. The cost was $230, plus mounting and dynamic balancing the new tire ($25), plus tax.

PM me for before/after pictures.

I am very pleased with this experience with WCC.

Vendor info:
Wheel Collision Center
7286 Penn Drive
Bath, PA 18014
www.wheelcollision.com
[email protected]
610-837-8792

I have used WCC as well and was extremely pleased with the work. They even went above and beyond when the two wheels that I had refinished didn't quite match the front two (very slightly off)...they refinished the front ones at no charge. I'd use them again without hesitation.

RJ

Back