• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wheel fitments for NSX

Wheel master Wil! Quick one for ya, I picked up a set of Work VS-XX's and the fronts are R-disk 7.5x18"+40mm and have some significant convex in the spokes. The spokes actually stick out from the lip of the rim and have nearly an inch between the back of the spokes and the caliper. I was thinking about getting A-disk 8x18"+38mm to fix that issue and was wondering if you had any experience with A-disks or VS-XX's... any insight will help! Will these clear the caliper?

I would say it is risky because if it does not clear you will have little room to use a spacer.

WMW out.

Am looking at a used set of VSXX 17x8 +30 and 18x10 +26 from a 1991 NSX for my 2001. Will these work on my car at stock height? If so, what is the max sized tires that will not rub? Not really into the stretched tire look, and would like enough sidewall height/flex to prevent the rim lips from protruding past the sidewall. Would like to be flush and would consider lowering a bit, but do not want tilted tires. Am looking to improve the appearance without affecting the drivability. I do not track the car, just spirited driving. Thanks!

Am looking at a used set of VSXX 17x8 +30 and 18x10 +26 from a 1991 NSX for my 2001. Will these work on my car at stock height? If so, what is the max sized tires that will not rub? Not really into the stretched tire look, and would like enough sidewall height/flex to prevent the rim lips from protruding past the sidewall. Would like to be flush and would consider lowering a bit, but do not want tilted tires. Am looking to improve the appearance without affecting the drivability. I do not track the car, just spirited driving. Thanks!

That's a really aggressive setup. It's most definitely super flush bordering hellaflush territory. 215/40/17 or narrower up front IMO or you'll risk rubbing on the outside. 265/35/18 for your rears. You'll probably have to go aggressive on the negative camber. I just have a feeling on a loweed car these will rub.

Given your comments, you are not going to like that setup so don't pursue it. It will definitely need stretched tires and lowering/camber in the rear and is very "aggressive"

I agree with Nero I'm not sure this is the setup for you. That's what I was trying to say.

Sharing my upcoming setup..will post pics when installed:

17x7.5 PF01 +38 on 215/40/17s
18x9.5 PF01 +35 on 265/35/18s

Hope I ordered the correct setup.

Sharing my upcoming setup..will post pics when installed:

17x7.5 PF01 +38 on 215/40/17s
18x9.5 PF01 +35 on 265/35/18s

Hope I ordered the correct setup.

I had those - the rears were the 10.5 though - very nice, light wheel!

I also just ordered Tein 1" drop springs. I really don't want to go too low so the Tein's should work.

Yup, So I was told that the PF01s are light and inexpensive.

Can't wait.

I remember the PF01 being much better looking than the RPF01 it replaced, but also heavier which was disappointing since everyone bought the RPF for its light weight and good price.

what you also can do is order a 1.5 inch lip for your fronts (right now you are running the 1 inch lip). this way you your new setup will be 18x8 +34 which should make your wheel flush to the fender while avoiding outter rubbing for the mos part. you will still be running the R disk front face and the same inner lip so your brake clearance is the same and the inner wheel still wont rub).

your R wheel face will no longer stick out PAST your wheel lip (it will now be flush with the new 1.5 inch lips). i checked my wheels and thats the setup i have for my fronts. i can send you pictures if needed if you are iffy about the look.

the sexier option is to get the an A disk face (eliminate bulging R disk face going with standard flat wheel face with a 50 mm lip (2 inches); which would require a 6 inch inner wheel body giving you an 18x8 +38 wheel. the sizing and offset would work for the nsx (and avoiding the bulging R disk face look) but unless someone tries to run an A disk wheel face on the front wheel of the nsx (i think one member on prime has); you wont know if you will clear the brake caliper or not. you'll have less then a CM for error in case you need to run a spacer.

a better chance of success to the above alternative is to experiment a 5.5-6inch inner lip (6.5 is standard issue) + 1.5-2 inch outer lip + A disk flat face (giving you 18x7.5) ; and then run a 10-15mm wheel spacer to clear the front calipers. this would give the front wheels the sexy flat A face look.

hopefully this all makes annoying sense.

Wheel master Wil! Quick one for ya, I picked up a set of Work VS-XX's and the fronts are R-disk 7.5x18"+40mm and have some significant convex in the spokes. The spokes actually stick out from the lip of the rim and have nearly an inch between the back of the spokes and the caliper. I was thinking about getting A-disk 8x18"+38mm to fix that issue and was wondering if you had any experience with A-disks or VS-XX's... any insight will help! Will these clear the caliper?

Last edited:
damn, that is the exact setup that i want to run.

i have the 17x8 +30s at home and plan to order the 3.5 rear lips to upgrade from my 18x9s to 18x10+26

synth19 is currently running
17x8 +30 (+45 with 15mm spacer) 215/40/17
18x10 +25 (+45 with 20mm spacer) 265/35/18

if you check his threads the car looks perfect with ZERO rubbing (maybe slight rubbing on the rear wheels over bumps).

his car is slammed, he doesnt rub but does state that this is as far has he can push the wheels out.

i believe that for all if not most 18x10+26 ---> 18x10+30 265/35/18 rear wheel applications you will need to running negative camber on the rears to have the rear wheels tucked in nicely lined up with the fenders.

Last edited:
what you also can do is order a 1.5 inch lip for your fronts (right now you are running the 1 inch lip). this way you your new setup will be 18x8 +34 which should make your wheel flush to the fender while avoiding outter rubbing for the mos part. you will still be running the R disk front face and the same inner lip so your brake clearance is the same and the inner wheel still wont rub).

your R wheel face will no longer stick out PAST your wheel lip (it will now be flush with the new 1.5 inch lips). i checked my wheels and thats the setup i have for my fronts. i can send you pictures if needed if you are iffy about the look.

the sexier option is to get the an A disk face (eliminate bulging R disk face going with standard flat wheel face with a 50 mm lip (2 inches); which would require a 6 inch inner wheel body giving you an 18x8 +38 wheel. the sizing and offset would work for the nsx (and avoiding the bulging R disk face look) but unless someone tries to run an A disk wheel face on the front wheel of the nsx (i think one member on prime has); you wont know if you will clear the brake caliper or not. you'll have less then a CM for error in case you need to run a spacer.

a better chance of success to the above alternative is to experiment a 5.5-6inch inner lip (6.5 is standard issue) + 1.5-2 inch outer lip + A disk flat face (giving you 18x7.5) ; and then run a 10-15mm wheel spacer to clear the front calipers. this would give the front wheels the sexy flat A face look.

hopefully this all makes annoying sense.

Awesome!! Thanks for the tips. Please do send pics!

here you go. would have uploaded these earlier but ive been away from home pretty much all month for work.

these are 17x8 1.5 inch lip R disk +30.

from what i can tell you are running 1 inch lips (based on the work vs-xx chart). the 1.5 inch lips would work on our car (18x8 +34); if you went 2 inch front lips your offset (18x8.5 +28) would be too aggressive.

the faces don't stick out past the lip but being R-disk will retain the 'convex' wheel look.

upgrading your front lips 1/2 inch would be your most cost effective first step solution; before going all out to source a completely diff set of 18x8 A-disks imho (if you simply cant live with the look)

hope this helps.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_4129.jpg
    IMG_4129.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 1,594
  • IMG_4133.jpg
    IMG_4133.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 1,595
  • IMG_4131.jpg
    IMG_4131.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 1,614
Last edited:
I was wondering if you guys could clear something up for me. For the offsets, we seem to be excluding stock sizes. Is there any particular reason for this? I'd imagine that stock sizes most assuredly fit.

I was wondering if you guys could clear something up for me. For the offsets, we seem to be excluding stock sizes. Is there any particular reason for this? I'd imagine that stock sizes most assuredly fit.

There's a few reasons for this
1) The style, generally, today is that people want larger wheels that sit flusher to the fender. The OEM wheels are inset because they have a high offset (~+55). To bring the wheel further out (or closer to the fender) you generally need a lower offset, a wider wheel, or a combination of both.

2) If you decide to go wider than the OEM 7" wheel width, then you need additional clearance so that the inside of the rim & tire don't hit the suspension components. So for every 0.5" added to a wheel width, requires ~6mm of additional offset to keep the inside wheel position at the same spot.

What's everyone's offset suggestion for a 10" rear wheel? +35 ? Probably looking to match the look of the fronts, 18x8.5 +35 on DF sport fenders.

Below is a shot of the following RS II specs.
Fronts: 18x8.5 ET40 215/35 tire
Rears: 19x10 ET35 265/30 tire

If you go with the DF sport fenders you should be good in the front with quite a bit of room to spare.

Looks really good to me.
DSC_0466.jpg

DSC_0463.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, those pics help. Do you know what's been done to those front fenders? They look OEM but with a filled side marker... in which case interesting to know those 8.5" wheels will fit and still have a little room to give.

Last edited:
Who owns the black car above? I was looking for these pics. Are there any more?

Hi Angus,

I just bought 4 rims that someone had on their NSX (unsure of year). I own a 1997 NSX-T. The rims ar 18". The tire sizes that came with them are 225/35 ZR 18 87W (I'm assuming for the front) and 275/35 R18 95W. After reading this message board, I'm wondering if these are going to work on my car, or worse, cause me bigger problems. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Kevin

You're going to rub up front ^^

Back