• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

WHEEL QUESTION: Will 18s from a Supra fit the NSX?

i have 2 supras and
am selling 1 and buying an NSX this weekend.

i took the 18 inch rims off
the 1993 MKIV supra i'm selling and want to know
if they will fit the NSX.

they are 18 all around (no stagger)
but i know that doesnt matter probably.

1. do they have the same fitment and offset
etc as a supra?
2. will 18s in front rub (tires are only 225/40/18 in front)
and 265/35/18 in rear.

I REALLY hope these work because they will look NICE on the car and it will keep me from spending alot more
on rims/ries.

post here or email any info:

[email protected]

thanks!

the supra is a 114x3 or whatever (you know what i mean) :)

Are the Supra wheels the same, front and rear? If so, I doubt that they will work for the NSX. The NSX needs narrower wheels in front, wider wheels in the rear. And the center bore and offset are different in the front from the rear on the NSX, too.

yeah fronts are narrower
backs are wider

anyone else had experieince?

same fit as 300ZX, rx7 etc etc.
thanks

I would think that the post spacing would dictate what would fit and what would not. Remembering from my vette days that the normal vette (C4) had different front and rear, but you could buy the option (not FX4, as that was selectable suspention, memory escapes me) that was strictly for autocross, which had the same wheel all four corners, ?? x 17, rather than ??x17 front and ??18 in rear. This was, in fact, one of the ways one of the guys in the local club determined he had a "special" vette...

Correct me if I am wrong, as I know someone will, but if the bolt spacing pattern is the same, won't it work?? May have some clearance and suspension issues, but basics being basics....

My guess would be a resounding NO. Hopefully I am wrong. Good Luck!

There was a post (including a picture) of a member that had stock Supra rims on the rear. I recall the poster mentioning how the Supra rims looks surprisingly similar to the NSX 5-spokes from a distance. Anyway, there was probably some good info in the thread. I've tried, but I can't seem to find it at the moment. :(

18 rims

I have 18's all the way around on mine and there is no rubbing, check them out

masterpic.jpg

Since you took the wheels off, would you be able to check them and post back the rim width and offset? Most of them have that information stamped on the back of the rim somewhere. I know some 3 piece rims just have stickers and it can peel off, but hopefully you can provide that information. The NSX uses the 5X114.3 as well so the bolt pattern is correct. The front hub is 70mm while the rear is 64. Does your rims come with hubcentric rings or is the hub already hubcentric to the Supra? If you could give these guys a little more information on your rims that can give you a little more advise. Of course, nothing is guaranteed since the spoke pattern could still not clear the calipers, but at least you could have a much better picture. Check the NSX FAQ and you can see what the OEM NSX rims offsets are for the front and rear as they are different. Also, you can see what other aftermarket rims offset owners have used successfully.

Supra's tend to run 8.5" wide front wheels, and if this is the case on the wheels that you have...you will rub.

the 225/40/18 are TOO tall and will rub for sure. Maybe not on a stock (non-lowered), it could work...but I've never heard of it working. plus with that size, the TCS will be off.

the widest you can go up front is 8" wide. and you will need to run a 225/35/18 tire.

good luck,
Allen

thanks
yeah the car is NON lowered
and i
think the front rim is
8 wide
and the back
is 9 inches wide.

i know the offset is the same...

i guess i'll just try em when
the car comes and let ya know...
HOWEVER, i wanted to sell them
if i knew they would NOT work
and try to have
another NSX fitment set
for when the car shows up.

thanks again so far.

Damn Escoe, that is one skinny tire!:eek: You better not hit anything bigger than a shirt button at 45 mph without possibly damaging your rim.

one more thing...

even if the the 225/40/18 front tire fits the fender well verdically, you will rub for sure at wheel lock, on the inner front and rear portions of the splach guards.

I would just plan on selling the front tires and buying smaller ones.

Allen

To Escoe,it looks to me like you have diferent brand tires front and rear,if so be careful with spirited driving as you may have unpredictible grip and breakaway characteristics.Those fronts look like so-3's but the rears look like a lower performance brand?I just don't want to see you oversteer off the road,like someone did at an nsxpo with missmatched tires.

Ojas said:
There was a post (including a picture) of a member that had stock Supra rims on the rear. I recall the poster mentioning how the Supra rims looks surprisingly similar to the NSX 5-spokes from a distance. Anyway, there was probably some good info in the thread. I've tried, but I can't seem to find it at the moment. :(

Yep, that's Andrie's car.

Most likely your wheels will fit on the NSX. The front should fit u to offset 37. However 225/40/18 will rub. You can get away by using 225/35/18.

One possible problem is centerbore. The Supra is 56mm, and the NSX fronts are 70.1mm and rear are 64.1mm. Most aftermarket wheels are bored to 73mm and they just use various centering ring. Exception of this re Fikse, forgeline and other specialty wheels.

Andrie Hartanto said:
One possible problem is centerbore. The Supra is 56mm, and the NSX fronts are 70.1mm and rear are 64.1mm. Most aftermarket wheels are bored to 73mm and they just use various centering ring. Exception of this re Fikse, forgeline and other specialty wheels.

With a smaller center bore, that means the Supra wheels would have to have it drilled out in order to mount them on an NSX... :eek:

Back