• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wheel Question

The front wheels on my car right now have are 17x8 +36 running 215 tire. Its pretty flush, but i do have some camber in the front so the tires do tuck under the fenders maybe 10mm at the moment...

I have some new rims in mind. Choice is between 17x8 +32 or 17x8 +42 for the front...Now im pretty sure if i used the +32 my tires would be sitting flush with my fenders and i think it may look pretty perfect...but i know everyone says More than +35 is too aggressive on the nsx. Guess i just wanted to get everyones opinion on this :redface:

Heres a pic of my front wheels right now with the +36 offset.
Picture003.jpg

I had 18x8 +35 wheels with 215/35/18 (Falken 451) tires on Bilstein Struts lower perch and rubbed on the plastic fender liner when I was in a hard corner. Here's what it looked like
IMG_1866_8001.jpg

It depends on what you want. If you want drivability, then go with the +42 (you can always add a spacer if you want). If you want looks and probably lots of rubbing on the liner, then go +32 (more difficult to change because the wheel would have to be machined).

From your picture, it looks like you may be missing your front fender liner??

In any case, I've found that the difference between rubbing and not rubbing is between 1-2mm of offset. The 18" tire is slightly larger in diameter than the 17", so that may be a contributing factor to my rubbing. :smile:

Depending on which tire you run, +36 is already maxxed out - I destroyed a fender going up a driveway running 18x8 +36 and 225/35/18.

Back