• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

wheel setup question

im looking at going with some 5zigen fno1rc rims. whats the down fall to running a 17/17? im thinking 17x8 +35/ 17x10 +35. i am lowered and have all the camber i can get with the stock adjustments. these will be my track wheel setup

I think i had FN01Rcs from my MR2 Turbo that I put on the NSX that were 17x8 +38 and the tires stuck out (too wide) of the fenders.

I like the wheel widths 8" front 10" rear though!

the wheels i have right now are 18x8 +38 volk sf challanges right now... there close to the fender but dont contact with my stiffer suspension setup... i plan on running more than 1.8ish camber in the near future any way so i think im ok there, the +35 10 wider rear kinda worries me tho...

but any worries on the 17/17 or benefits more or less than a 17/18?

but any worries on the 17/17 or benefits more or less than a 17/18?
Daily driver/weekend toy or track car?

N/A, or Forced Induction?

Many say that the 18" wheel is heavy and a lot of rotating mass = less HP to the ground. IMO it's not huge and it comes down to do you want to pay more for an 18" rear tire than 17?

Either will work with no problems, 17" rear will be less expensive as well.

10" should fit no problem in the rear.

this will come down to a summer daily driver/ track/ what ever i can do with the car.

n/a of f/i? im still undiceded as my last car was s/c and loved the the feel on the street and the track... and i had a car before that turboed but and it was fun but not on the track as much, but im not dealing with 4 cylinders any more... maybe 4.23 and gears...

thanks for the advise as i just really wanted a opinion other than what was rolling in my mind lol, i cant always trust myself

im still young so i can have a trackable car on the street and not be affected by rough ride, neg camber etc

Last edited:
Back