• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

WHEEL SIZE QUESTION

I was wondering if you can use four 16 inch rims and lower the profile on the front tires and not have any problem with the TCS system or any other problems. I am looking at the new accord 7 spoke wheels.

Originally posted by kevin Ratekin:
I was wondering if you can use four 16 inch rims and lower the profile on the front tires and not have any problem with the TCS system or any other problems. I am looking at the new accord 7 spoke wheels.

You can use four 16-inch rims but there are other problems that you are likely to run into with Accord wheels. One is the offset, which is probably not as much as needed on the NSX (+55 mm front, +60 mm rear). Another is the centerbore (the diameter of the hole in the middle of the wheel, which is supposed to closely surround the hub when mounted); the NSX uses a different size centerbore front and rear, so Accord wheels won't be hubcentric front and rear.

You might get a set of the 2002 NSX 17-inch wheels, which look similar and won't have these problems.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 24 December 2002).]

I have seen other people that have used after market wheels that don't have the off set of 55 or 60 but they have around 40 and they work just fine as far as center hub i will check on that . Thanks for the post and makeing me aware that it might be a problem.If anyone else know anything about doing this type of a wheel and tire setup please post a reply. Thanks

I have seen other people that have used after market wheels that don't have the off set of 55 or 60 but they have around 40 and they work just fine

That may be because the wheels are wider than stock. Keep wheel width in mind, too; most people (stock as well as aftermarket) are using wider wheels in the rear, to accommodate wider tires than in the front.

I have seen other people that have used after market wheels that don't have the off set of 55 or 60 but they have around 40 and they work just fine as far as center hub i will check on that . Thanks for the post and makeing me aware that it might be a problem.If anyone else know anything about doing this type of a wheel and tire setup please post a reply. Thanks

For the Accord wheels you will definately have to bore out the Accord rim (At least two) to fit over the NSX 70mm hub. The rear will be the same at 64mm. As far a boring them out, most machine shops do it for about $100 or so. I own a Legend that also uses the large 70mm hub all around. Often owners of the Legend put on the newer style Honda/Acura rims and this is exactly what we need to do. It usually cost about $50 per wheel or so. Fortunately for you, the NSX only uses 70mm up front so you need to bore out two rims. Also, I think the Accord rims are only a 16X 6.5" rims with a +55 offset. You can double check on that yourself as things may have changed for the 03 Accord.

With all that said, I would rather do what was suggested above and get the 02 NSX rims.

[This message has been edited by ChrisK (edited 25 December 2002).]

Originally posted by ChrisK:
I think the Accord rims are only a 16X 6.5" rims with a +55 offset. You can double check on that yourself as things may have changed for the 03 Accord.

That sounds like it would be too narrow for the rear of the NSX...

Back